String Bending And Bending Vibrato
bluetag
Aug 26 2009, 07:41 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey David,

im just posting because i really admire the way you play guitar. you have an excellent feel when you play and your technique is amazing to me biggrin.gif. anyways if you have any pointers on bending and vibrato i've been trying to work on it recently but i've been having trouble mostly bending on pictch anything higher than 2 tones and keeping my bends clean. i cant seem to prevent the other strings from ringing when i bend any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ps. im probably going to post up a video in the next week or so of what my technique current is so you can get a better idea

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by bluetag: Aug 26 2009, 08:26 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
iamblackmo
Sep 4 2009, 01:49 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (bluetag @ Aug 26 2009, 02:41 PM) *
Hey David,

im just posting because i really admire the way you play guitar. you have an excellent feel when you play and your technique is amazing to me biggrin.gif. anyways if you have any pointers on bending and vibrato i've been trying to work on it recently but i've been having trouble mostly bending on pictch anything higher than 2 tones and keeping my bends clean. i cant seem to prevent the other strings from ringing when i bend any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ps. im probably going to post up a video in the next week or so of what my technique current is so you can get a better idea

Hey, in one of David's videos, he explain's a perfect Eric Johnson-esque muffling method while bending. I call it Eric Johnson because he was the first person that I saw do this and it has been unbelievable helpful.

David may diagree because I do not see many people doing it, but the trick is to use your pointer finger on your fretting hand to muff the string or strings above the one you are trying to bend. It really like this because I can come in for a fast and precise attack, even hitting the strings above it but it does not interfer with the tone.

I would really love to hear some input on this because I am really trying to focus on my bends now and making sure that I hit the right note value.

Here is one lesson from David:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/bending-control/

and he has another were his introduction demonstration, he explains bend dynamics.

Enjoy.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Sep 7 2009, 04:50 PM
Instructor
Sorry for the late response...
First of all, thanks so much for the nice words! I am flattered!

Bends are a difficult subject to master, it's an ongoing process to get a nice clean tone. I'm far from a perfect bender, but it's true that muting the unused strings has helped me a lot.
To do so, I use sometimes the side of my right hand depending on the lick I am playing.
However, I always do use my left fingers to mute the adjacent strings of the bended notes.

I would love to see a video and see if I can help you further in this...

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:05 AM