Harrison Releases Mix Bus 3
Mertay
Jul 8 2015, 09:54 PM
GMC:er
If you're looking for your first payware DAW, its worth checking;

http://harrisonconsoles.com/site/mixbus.html

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jul 8 2015, 10:42 PM
From the video, it looks like a great DAW. I already have Logic but this has a ton of awesome features; like being able to change plugin parameters from the mixer and having built-in channel strip/mix bus emulation. And it's only $79.. Can't believe I've never heard of this before.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 8 2015, 11:58 PM
QUOTE (Socky42 @ Jul 8 2015, 09:42 PM) *
From the video, it looks like a great DAW. I already have Logic but this has a ton of awesome features; like being able to change plugin parameters from the mixer and having built-in channel strip/mix bus emulation. And it's only $79.. Can't believe I've never heard of this before.

It was more of a summing tool in the first versions, extremely limited mix capability but had a nice sound when taking a mix from one DAW and placing the tracks in it. The limitations (couldn't even open plug-ins back then...) was the reason its wasn't very popular.

I'm pretty sure its still very limited compared to logic but finally it has some proper features as a DAW. Its less expensive than buying console emulation plug-ins (like waves ssl) too which makes it even more preferable specially for home studio guys.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 9 2015, 09:28 AM
Harrison makes very high end consoles and the Summing ability on this daw is just amazing. Some folks will complete a mix and bring it in to mixbus just for the summing!! IT does such a great job at analogue summing that it's hard to believe its' digital. It's a great price too.

Each track is very similar to a real world console. So it actually sorta helps you get used to working on a real board which is something the others don't do.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jul 8 2015, 06:58 PM) *
It was more of a summing tool in the first versions, extremely limited mix capability but had a nice sound when taking a mix from one DAW and placing the tracks in it. The limitations (couldn't even open plug-ins back then...) was the reason its wasn't very popular.

I'm pretty sure its still very limited compared to logic but finally it has some proper features as a DAW. Its less expensive than buying console emulation plug-ins (like waves ssl) too which makes it even more preferable specially for home studio guys.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 9 2015, 03:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
Interesting! Never heard of this before. Will check out the video now smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:18 AM