Hi Form The Uk
Grappa
Oct 10 2016, 04:19 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi all,

Just wanted to say hello to you all as I joined up today!

Been playing for a long time but decided to go back to the core with my technique as I've developed some bad habits that are really limiting what I can do. Big driver for me is the ability to get some feedback on what I'm doing in the hope of making so solid progress again.

I'm not a shredder by any means and my musical tastes have to an extent moved away from this on a day to day basis however there's still a lot of love in my life for the stuff that really fired me up when I was younger and I've always kept an ear out for the protagonists over time.

You'll still catch me listening to Yngwie/Gilbert and all of the crew and I'm old enough to remember the thrill of anything coming out of Shrapnel in the day when the stuff was so cutting edge. I can't imagine that many people have a vinyl copy of No Parole from Rock and Roll with a young unheard of guitarist and it still makes my hair stand on end whenever I listen! Today I'm a big fan of Greg Howe (man he's been around a while!), Guthrie Govan, Andy Timmons etc etc..

There's a lot of stuff on the site and I'm looking forward to digging in.. where do I start?

Regards,

Simon

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 10 2016, 06:16 PM
GMC:er
Welcome Grappa smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Oct 10 2016, 08:57 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
hi mate, welcome aboard cool.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 10 2016, 10:09 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Welcome to the family Grappa smile.gif

I have a vinyl of No Parole From Rock n Roll, I'd post a pic but I'm out of the country at the moment smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Wyverex
Oct 10 2016, 10:44 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Welcome to the club! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Oct 11 2016, 05:51 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hi Simon and welcome to the best place on the net. See you around the forum wink.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 11 2016, 09:39 AM
GMC Founder
Welcome Grappa - some very cool influences you have got there!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 11 2016, 05:14 PM
Hey Simon, welcome aboard!!
I still have my Vinyl of No Parole too!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 11 2016, 08:08 PM
Instructor
Hi friend! Welcome to the site!

I can help you to design your guitar plan and routines. Send me a PM if you'd like! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 12 2016, 09:05 AM
Welcome to GMC!!! I'm a bit of a Shredder and I too have added other bits and pieces as I've gone along smile.gif I"m Todd simpson and I'm one of our Staff instructors here and I run the "SHRED BOOTCAMP", which is really less about shred than about learning the fundamentals of being able to play pretty much anything, no matter what the level of difficulty or "soul" required smile.gif If you are up for a challenge, just send me a personal message and request to JOIN UP!! I'll make you your very own Thread where you can dig as deep as you like through the 400 "MISSIONS" that comprise the JOURNEY. No pressure though!!! It's a volunteer tour of Duty!

Todd

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 12 2016, 01:36 PM
Instructor
Hey Simon!

Welcome in the family. Gilbert and Malmsteen are players that many of us did grow being influenced by smile.gif Same as you I still enjoy listening to them, even if my own playing took a little different direction. As usual I will advice to post some of your playing/recordings, so we could get a reference point to tell you where to start smile.gif All best

+Quote Post
Grappa
Oct 12 2016, 02:55 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for the responses all..

Good to see a few of you still have Alcatraz on vinyl - I don't feel so old any more!

I'll sign up to the various programs and get posting..

Peace,

Si

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:01 PM