Randy Rhoads Th3 Patch
Ben Higgins
Oct 20 2016, 01:42 PM
Instructor
Hi Guys, I've developed a couple of Overloud TH3 patches for a project I've got going on.

One of them is a Randy Rhoads style tone.. can be used for both rhythm and lead, sounds similar to the live 'Tribute' tone he had going on. Fire it up and play the riff to 'I Don't Know' cool.gif

There's also an Iron Maiden rhythm patch, heavily based on the Piece of Mind album sound. Try the riff to 'Flight of Icarus' and you'll see what I mean. wink.gif

Attached File  Randy_Rhoads___Piece_of_Mind_Tones.zip ( 4K ) Number of downloads: 635

I just used my ear to get as close as I could to the tones, nothing more. Enjoy!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 22 2016, 04:07 AM
GMC:er
Well Cool! I"ve been a fan of overloud for years. It's honestly the best overall home recording plugin I've found for high gain stuff. It's like having an axe fx/kemper that you can change live during a mix IMHO, that's what I love about it smile.gif You are never married to the tone. You can always go back and just slide a knob and get it dialed in just right in real time without having to reamp
an entire song. Makes reamping a bit of a moot point IMHO, especially for quick and dirty stuff, even for final recordings smile.gif

I'm all for axe/kemper, life, but being able to change the tone in real time after the guitars are recorded just using a laptop and no other reamping gear is amazing. Like having a full reamping rig with dozens of amps all at hand at once, and being able to recall all settings at the click of a mouse smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 20 2016, 08:42 AM) *
Hi Guys, I've developed a couple of Overloud TH3 patches for a project I've got going on.

One of them is a Randy Rhoads style tone.. can be used for both rhythm and lead, sounds similar to the live 'Tribute' tone he had going on. Fire it up and play the riff to 'I Don't Know' cool.gif

There's also an Iron Maiden rhythm patch, heavily based on the Piece of Mind album sound. Try the riff to 'Flight of Icarus' and you'll see what I mean. wink.gif

Attached File  Randy_Rhoads___Piece_of_Mind_Tones.zip ( 4K ) Number of downloads: 635

I just used my ear to get as close as I could to the tones, nothing more. Enjoy!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 22 2016, 08:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 22 2016, 03:07 AM) *
Well Cool! I"ve been a fan of overloud for years. It's honestly the best overall home recording plugin I've found for high gain stuff. It's like having an axe fx/kemper that you can change live during a mix IMHO, that's what I love about it smile.gif You are never married to the tone. You can always go back and just slide a knob and get it dialed in just right in real time without having to reamp
an entire song. Makes reamping a bit of a moot point IMHO, especially for quick and dirty stuff, even for final recordings smile.gif

I'm all for axe/kemper, life, but being able to change the tone in real time after the guitars are recorded just using a laptop and no other reamping gear is amazing. Like having a full reamping rig with dozens of amps all at hand at once, and being able to recall all settings at the click of a mouse smile.gif

Todd

Absolutely, it's seen me through my last album and all my recordings for the last year or so smile.gif It's great.. you can dial up modern metal or vintage tones just like that.

+Quote Post
bleez
Oct 22 2016, 10:17 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 22 2016, 08:37 AM) *
Absolutely, it's seen me through my last album and all my recordings for the last year or so smile.gif It's great.. you can dial up modern metal or vintage tones just like that.

you recorded 'Pantheon' with TH3? they should be using that as an advert.
what about 'one step closer..' was that the Marshall?

This post has been edited by bleez: Oct 22 2016, 10:18 AM

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 22 2016, 10:51 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Oct 22 2016, 09:17 AM) *
you recorded 'Pantheon' with TH3? they should be using that as an advert.
what about 'one step closer..' was that the Marshall?

Hehe cheerz!

That was using some free Poulin plugins! biggrin.gif

Barbarian was a mixture of Marshall and Poulin, mostly Poulin but Marshall for the lead on a couple of songs.. Mountaineer and Barbarian

Mr Badass - everything Marshall.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 22 2016, 05:39 PM
GMC:er
Super congrats on using TH3 on Pantheon smile.gif Isn't it wonderful to be able to change the entire tone of the guitar after the fact? Without a bunch of reamping gear, or the amp? It's a reall miracle of technology IMHO and the best way to go for home recording as far as I'm concerned. Everyone has their own way of course, which is fine, but I gotta say, nothing beats a fine algorithm and being able to change it in real time as you mix down. It's just freaking Brilliant!!!

If I had a full studio and a bunch of interns, I'd record dry (and wet for refernce) and set up my full amp rig and have the interns go out to the main recording room and move the mics around and weak the knobs on the amp, with me in the control room until it was perfect, then again during mixdown. But thankfully, that's what TH3 does!!!!!! So you can skip the big recording room, amp, and horde of interns smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 22 2016, 03:37 AM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 22 2016, 05:42 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:33 AM