2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Are You Able To Remember Your Dreams?
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 25 2013, 08:17 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! I'm always amazed when people talks about his dreams. I rarely remember my dreams but there are some people that sometimes live stories like movies in their dreams...

so the question is... are you able to remember your dreams?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Aug 25 2013, 08:33 PM
GMC:er
Yeah and I also seem to have a pretty good overall memory...

But I had a pretty weird dream (more than usual) I remember from a few night ago, to make the dream short apparently I killed 2 people, I was being some kind of vigilante, but the weird part was that later in the dream when I was about to run away to not get in jail, I convinced my self that this was just a dream because I would never kill anyone. Maybe this dream was influenced by watching a bit of Dexter.

But Gabriel something you should know, which I can't exactly prove is that I think sometimes people make up dream stories, since sometimes it sounds really unlikely, if you see a person that seems to add all of 'cool' things, it could be to sound cool, my dreams are usually just plain weird, but a lot of kids dreams seems to be with hot cheerleaders and zombies, etc, etc.

Anyways, I think that you can remember your dreams, since you remember you have them, so I think it is just the details you need to remember, so people have a dream log, not really my thing, but the dreams I usually remember even after months, are usually the ones where I wake up and go 'Wow what the heck was I just dreaming about, that was WEIRD!' and I try and go through it again in my mind.

But as we know from guitar, practice, practice & more practice biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Aug 26 2013, 06:35 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Not only can I remember my dreams,quite often I can also influence the outcome and basically have control over what actions I take during them. Also I can wake up from a dream , then go back to sleep and pick it back up where I left off, or even continue the dream the next night and even multiple nights in a row, kind of like an ongoing movie series, Crazy eh?

I had a dream once where I met up with Kristopher and Bogdan here in Alaska and we played music at a big outdoor party. And more recently a dream where I was much younger, like in my 20's maybe, and Cosmin and I were cruising around in a car at night getting into trouble. laugh.gif

Alot of the times very strange things happen in my dreams. Not too long ago I dreamed that a small plane had crashed right next to my house and I went outside to see if there were survivors that I could help, and the plane had caught fire. It was incredibly realistic as I could feel the heat from the flames and I couldn't get close enough from that side of my house.I actually woke up at that point because it freaked me out so much, and when I fell back asleep the dream continued. I went around to the other side of the house to see if I could get closer from that side,stopping for a second to tell my lady to call the fire dept, and when I circled around the house to get back to the plane , it was gone as well as any evidence of a crash. All the time this was going on I could hear a conversation on a radio from a ground crew of the plane and they were talking about it as if it was some top secret experimental thing. They knew the plane had crashed and they were deploying a cleanup crew. It was like I could hear the radio transmissions in my head because I had no radio with me.
Anyway that is just a small part of that crazy dream which went on for 3 nights in a row.I could write tons of these crazy dreams down. rolleyes.gif

Dreams haven't always been like this for me , but the last few years have been crazy, I went through a long stretch in years past where I didn't dream much at all, or if I did, I couldn't remember them.

Also I have had many of the classic dreams like where you are flying like superman , or trying to get away from something and trying to run as fast as possible but could barely move.Those are sooo spooky! ph34r.gif

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Aug 26 2013, 06:39 AM

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Aug 26 2013, 06:51 AM
Learning Roadie
Not only can I remember my dreams,quite often I can also influence the outcome and basically have control over what actions I take during them. Also I can wake up from a dream , then go back to sleep and pick it back up where I left off, or even continue the dream the next night and even multiple nights in a row, kind of like an ongoing movie series, Crazy eh?

I had a dream once where I met up with Kristopher and Bogdan here in Alaska and we played music at a big outdoor party. And more recently a dream where I was much younger, like in my 20's maybe, and Cosmin and I were cruising around in a car at night getting into trouble. laugh.gif

^^^^ That's not dreaming that's fantasizing! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by PosterBoy: Aug 26 2013, 06:52 AM

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 26 2013, 11:00 AM
Instructor
I even have a dream diary smile.gif

There are 3 dreams the are recurrent in my existence since I was very little:

1) The cardboard squirrel - this one hasn't been coming for a long time now, as I think I got the message and became aware of this characteristic of my personality - I see a cute squirrel and when I pick it up, I realize it's not real smile.gif It's just a cardboard figure. It symbolizes my issue of becoming too ecstatic over things which are not what they seem to be.

2) The flight - I am flying by myself in complete control over places, landscapes and such...

3) The giant fish school - I am swimming alongside a school of ENORMOUS fish... I don't know what it means, but the water is very clear and we are swimming together..

What do you dream about and what are your recurrent dreams?

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Aug 26 2013, 12:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
I haven't seen any dreams lately, I wonder what influences this?

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Aug 26 2013, 03:35 PM) *

That's cool, that is called lucid dreaming, right? Sounds kind of fun wink.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 26 2013, 08:00 PM) *
2) The flight - I am flying by myself in complete control over places, landscapes and such...

Hehe, maybe sometime I will have a dream where I can sweep like crazy, do insane tapping, and then wake up laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 26 2013, 05:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Qenzoz @ Aug 25 2013, 04:33 PM) *
Yeah and I also seem to have a pretty good overall memory...

But I had a pretty weird dream (more than usual) I remember from a few night ago, to make the dream short apparently I killed 2 people, I was being some kind of vigilante, but the weird part was that later in the dream when I was about to run away to not get in jail, I convinced my self that this was just a dream because I would never kill anyone. Maybe this dream was influenced by watching a bit of Dexter.

Now that you say, I had dreams like this in the past. I can't remember the exact situation but I remember running away to not get in jail. sad.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Aug 26 2013, 02:35 AM) *

Alot of the times very strange things happen in my dreams. Not too long ago I dreamed that a small plane had crashed right next to my house and I went outside to see if there were survivors that I could help, and the plane had caught fire. It was incredibly realistic as I could feel the heat from the flames and I couldn't get close enough from that side of my house.I actually woke up at that point because it freaked me out so much, and when I fell back asleep the dream continued. I went around to the other side of the house to see if I could get closer from that side,stopping for a second to tell my lady to call the fire dept, and when I circled around the house to get back to the plane , it was gone as well as any evidence of a crash. All the time this was going on I could hear a conversation on a radio from a ground crew of the plane and they were talking about it as if it was some top secret experimental thing. They knew the plane had crashed and they were deploying a cleanup crew. It was like I could hear the radio transmissions in my head because I had no radio with me.
Anyway that is just a small part of that crazy dream which went on for 3 nights in a row.I could write tons of these crazy dreams down. rolleyes.gif

Dreams haven't always been like this for me , but the last few years have been crazy, I went through a long stretch in years past where I didn't dream much at all, or if I did, I couldn't remember them.

Also I have had many of the classic dreams like where you are flying like superman , or trying to get away from something and trying to run as fast as possible but could barely move.Those are sooo spooky! ph34r.gif

Wou! You should write songs based on your dreams mate.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 26 2013, 07:00 AM) *
I even have a dream diary smile.gif

There are 3 dreams the are recurrent in my existence since I was very little:

1) The cardboard squirrel - this one hasn't been coming for a long time now, as I think I got the message and became aware of this characteristic of my personality - I see a cute squirrel and when I pick it up, I realize it's not real smile.gif It's just a cardboard figure. It symbolizes my issue of becoming too ecstatic over things which are not what they seem to be.

3) The giant fish school - I am swimming alongside a school of ENORMOUS fish... I don't know what it means, but the water is very clear and we are swimming together..

What do you dream about and what are your recurrent dreams?

Interesting stuff. These ones must explain many things of your life.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 26 2013, 06:52 PM
Instructor
One of my recent dreams involved :

Being in a series of buildings (that were more like big sheds or warehouses) near Justin Bieber and some of his security crew. I wanted to get a look at Justin's Ferrari so I went over to it. He came out and somehow I managed to persuade him to take me out in it for a drive, even though he was reluctant and petulant about it.

Anyhow, he obliged and after we got back he started accusing me of hitting his car or something. I tried to calm him down but he started getting irate so I punched and kneed him in the stomach but trying to keep it quiet so his security didn't hear. I thought I'd better get out of there so I left him in a heap and ran up into the town / city and tried to hide in a barber shop !?!

I persuaded the barber to shave my head so the cops / security wouldn't find me. I walked out the back of the barber shop into a deserted hospital. I found a door in the wall and then two other people, a guy and a girl, joined me. (I don't know why) We walked up these stairs to a balcony and then it was like we were in a zombie game. Loads of zombies came out and we went round punching them in the face. I noticed that one of the zombies had Harry Potter's face (or Daniel Radcliffes' face - sorry Daniel) on it. Somewhere in the back of my mind I recalled that people could pay to get their faces on a zombie (as we were inside a computer game, you see).

I think the pay to be in a game thing was inspired by people paying to get their names in a special thanks on an album. (Not a criticism, btw)

During the zombie fight there was this wicked dance music playing with some mandolin lead parts on it. When I woke up I tried to write down what I remembered of the song tongue.gif Maybe one day I'll finish it and release it. laugh.gif I'll call it Zombie Dance or something.......

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Aug 26 2013, 07:01 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 26 2013, 07:52 PM) *

Being in a series of buildings (that were more like big sheds or warehouses) near Justin Bieber and some of his security crew. I wanted to get a look at Justin's Ferrari so I went over to it. He came out and somehow I managed to persuade him to take me out in it for a drive, even though he was reluctant and petulant about it.

Anyhow, he obliged and after we got back he started accusing me of hitting his car or something. I tried to calm him down but he started getting irate so I punched and kneed him in the stomach but trying to keep it quiet so his security didn't hear. I thought I'd better get out of there so I left him in a heap and ran up into the town / city and tried to hide in a barber shop !?!

I persuaded the barber to shave my head so the cops / security wouldn't find me. I walked out the back of the barber shop into a deserted hospital. I found a door in the wall and then two other people, a guy and a girl, joined me. (I don't know why) We walked up these stairs to a balcony and then it was like we were in a zombie game. Loads of zombies came out and we went round punching them in the face. I noticed that one of the zombies had Harry Potter's face (or Daniel Radcliffes' face - sorry Daniel) on it. Somewhere in the back of my mind I recalled that people could pay to get their faces on a zombie (as we were inside a computer game, you see).

I think the pay to be in a game thing was inspired by people paying to get their names in a special thanks on an album. (Not a criticism, btw)

During the zombie fight there was this wicked dance music playing with some mandolin lead parts on it. When I woke up I tried to write down what I remembered of the song tongue.gif Maybe one day I'll finish it and release it. laugh.gif I'll call it Zombie Dance or something.......

I laughed at the kneeing and punching of Bieber...It made me think of your T shirt Head butt and that you could develop that design into the Bieber Headbutt Tshirt! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Headbanger: Aug 26 2013, 07:02 PM

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Aug 26 2013, 07:15 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
I am haunted by demons in my dreams...

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Aug 27 2013, 06:43 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Aug 25 2013, 09:51 PM) *
^^^^ That's not dreaming that's fantasizing! biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Dreaming , fantasizing, whats the difference?

QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Aug 26 2013, 03:03 AM) *
That's cool, that is called lucid dreaming, right? Sounds kind of fun wink.gif

Hehe, maybe sometime I will have a dream where I can sweep like crazy, do insane tapping, and then wake up laugh.gif

Yeah I think maybe so, It is kind of neat but it sometimes has a downside where I wake up a lot during the night.
As for the guitar playing.That would be great! Also I was thinking it would be great to dream of composing an epic song and then remember it and recompose it when I wake up. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 26 2013, 08:12 AM) *
Wou! You should write songs based on your dreams mate.

Hey that's not a bad idea! They would be strange songs. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 26 2013, 09:52 AM) *

Man your dreams are all over the place man, that was great! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 27 2013, 07:10 AM
Learning Tone Master

I have periodical the same bad dream: Is night, I am in the woods and is a very dense fog, I try to find the way back to home but I'm surrounded by water and I can't going. That sound from forest is very creepy.

Maybe I dream that because I was obsessed with Twin Peaks movie biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 27 2013, 07:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Aug 27 2013, 06:10 AM) *
I have periodical the same bad dream: Is night, I am in the woods and is a very dense fog, I try to find the way back to home but I'm surrounded by water and I can't going. That sound from forest is very creepy.

Maybe I dream that because I was obsessed with Twin Peaks movie biggrin.gif

I was scared by the twin peaks movie laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 27 2013, 09:06 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Aug 26 2013, 07:15 PM) *
I am haunted by demons in my dreams...

Sorry, man.. I really should stop doing that.. ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Aug 27 2013, 05:53 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Since I watch so many horror movies, I guess it's a good thing I don't remember my dreams.

Recently I dreamt that I sent some british dude a box of german beer.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 27 2013, 06:42 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Aug 27 2013, 05:53 PM) *
Since I watch so many horror movies, I guess it's a good thing I don't remember my dreams.

so you are saying , you got screwed in your dream

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 27 2013, 08:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Aug 27 2013, 06:42 PM) *
so you are saying , you got screwed in your dream

Serves him right for dreaming about me all the time tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Grace
Aug 27 2013, 10:14 PM
Why do so many people dream about Ben Higgins?? I had a dream about you too Ben but unfortunately I only remember being jealous of your hair...but you were probably a super hero or something cool.gif

I only remember some dreams though, and sometimes I do have lucid dreaming. In my last dream I was by a big pool and I started hearing this awesome song in my head a metal song I could hear every instrument and vocals and all it was so perfect so I grabbed my phone and started recording it hoping I wouldn't forget the music and then this guy came over and stopped my phone from recording just to ask me a question about guitar picks cause he didn't want someone else to think he didn't know about those picks, I almost punched him in the face but then I woke up and couldn't remember the song at all...... sad dream

--------------------
BRUUUUUTAL GRIM DEATH NINJA OF THE FROZEN NORTH!!!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 27 2013, 11:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Aug 27 2013, 01:53 PM) *

hahah I hope that you have a similar dream but this time with an Argentinian guy... ph34r.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Tharn
Aug 28 2013, 04:26 AM
dream alot/remember them and they are in color/

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:53 AM