My New Lesson Is Live!
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 16 2018, 12:54 PM
GMC Founder
Catch it here before it's even published on the frontage:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Jam-Sc...onic-Jam-Licks/

I am very proud of this one because it features the pentatonic licks I currently love and use the most.

Much of what I do when jamming, is actually these licks in disguise!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 16 2018, 07:31 PM
GMC:er
Great stuff!! I hope everyone gives this a go. Some really good bends in there and no matter how good one is, everyone could use practice on bends in context!!
Todd
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 16 2018, 07:54 AM) *
Catch it here before it's even published on the frontage:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Jam-Sc...onic-Jam-Licks/

I am very proud of this one because it features the pentatonic licks I currently love and use the most.

Much of what I do when jamming, is actually these licks in disguise!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 17 2018, 07:37 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 16 2018, 08:31 PM) *
Great stuff!! I hope everyone gives this a go. Some really good bends in there and no matter how good one is, everyone could use practice on bends in context!!
Todd

Thanks Todd, awesome you like it!

Yeah I hope many will check it out - there is always something you can draw from a lesson that is relevant for you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 17 2018, 07:45 AM
Learning Tone Master
You came up again with some killer licks!!! Those sounds awesome and can bring a nice addition to any improvisation. I will definitely steal some of them.
Also, I love how you explain all those stuffs. You make things look very easy and this is amazing smile.gif
I absolutely loved the part with: "when you will combine bending with artificial harmonics, you get a horse in a room". I hope you did not lie because I will try to do this and I expect to see in my room a black Mustang or a Friesian horse, not a Pony laugh.gif

BTW you was very generous with the FX on your tone but fits great with these licks wink.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 17 2018, 08:17 AM
GMC Founder
I actually though of you for lick 3, if you don't already use it - it is pretty much designed for your style wink.gif

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Aug 17 2018, 08:45 AM) *
I absolutely loved the part with: "when you will combine bending with artificial harmonics, you get a horse in a room". I hope you did not lie because I will try to do this and I expect to see in my room a black Mustang or a Friesian horse, not a Pony laugh.gif

It's actually already there, waiting in your closet to be summoned!

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Aug 17 2018, 08:45 AM) *
BTW you was very generous with the FX on your tone but fits great with these licks wink.gif

The tone pretty much comes from that Victory V50 profile. Then I have very ambient but short reverb, and a super obviousl delay with some modulation added on it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 17 2018, 10:04 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 17 2018, 07:17 AM) *
I actually though of you for lick 3, if you don't already use it - it is pretty much designed for your style wink.gif

Thank you Kris, it's great to hear that you thought at me smile.gif You know me very well and yes, you have perfectly right, this lick it's exactly my style smile.gif
I use a similar one and in most of the cases I use it exactly how you said, "as an ending" at another lick. Also because I'm a fan of the raking sound, I always love to put one at the beginning of the lick (as you do in your main video).
Talking about raking, lately I really like to use double raking, especially before of a very, very long bend. That percussive sound truly make things very juicy wink.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 17 2018, 02:23 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Aug 17 2018, 11:04 AM) *
Talking about raking, lately I really like to use double raking, especially before of a very, very long bend. That percussive sound truly make things very juicy wink.gif

Yes - I absolutely love raking both up and down before hitting a note. It might be the contrast between that noisy technique (raking) and the coming sustained note that makes it sound so good.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:38 PM