Looking For A Cheap Daw That Is Compatible With Ez Drummer, DAW /*Digital Audio Workstation*
Vulpine
Dec 6 2013, 04:27 AM
GMC:er
Hey guys I have an ez drummer software but I dont have a Daw *Digital Audio Workstation* that is compatible with my ez drummer

I have Cakewalk Sonar LE

I hear Cakewalk Sonar X2 is compatible but is 199$ for studio version hoping there might be something cheaper

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Huargo
Dec 6 2013, 05:46 AM
Tone Seeker
try reaper
http://www.reaper.fm/

60 days free. After that you can pay 60$ for personal use or 225$ for commercial use.
It's a very good daw.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hexabuzz
Dec 6 2013, 06:01 AM
Just took a quick look at the specs for Sonar LE - What kind of trouble are you having with EZDrummer? Since Sonar LE supports VST's you should be fine... Also did a quick Google and others seem to be using them together...

Can you tell us what's happening? What version of the software are you using?

Dave

P.S. +1 for Reaper if you're looking for a change. Love it!

This post has been edited by Hexabuzz: Dec 6 2013, 06:06 AM

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Dec 6 2013, 08:06 AM
QUOTE (huargo @ Dec 6 2013, 04:46 AM) *
try reaper
http://www.reaper.fm/

60 days free. After that you can pay 60$ for personal use or 225$ for commercial use.
It's a very good daw.

whats the difference with personal use vs commercial use

QUOTE (Hexabuzz @ Dec 6 2013, 05:01 AM) *
Just took a quick look at the specs for Sonar LE - What kind of trouble are you having with EZDrummer? Since Sonar LE supports VST's you should be fine... Also did a quick Google and others seem to be using them together...

Can you tell us what's happening? What version of the software are you using?

Dave

P.S. +1 for Reaper if you're looking for a change. Love it!

was told that LE wasnt compatible with Ez drummer in a nutshell when I try to drag and drop the drum loop onto Sonar Le I can never hear the track.... have tried many things n i read that the LE version wasnt compatible I think the X2 and up were i believe

but im willing to give reaper a shot

This post has been edited by Vulpine: Dec 6 2013, 08:11 AM

+Quote Post
Hexabuzz
Dec 6 2013, 08:17 AM
QUOTE (Vulpine @ Dec 6 2013, 07:06 AM) *
whats the difference with personal use vs commercial use

was told that LE wasnt compatible with Ez drummer in a nutshell when I try to drag and drop the drum loop onto Sonar Le I can never hear the track.... have tried many things n i read that the LE version wasnt compatible I think the X2 and up were i believe

but im willing to give reaper a shot

Is this any help?

http://forum.cakewalk.com/EZ-Drummer-amp-S...p-m1727874.aspx

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Dec 6 2013, 08:20 AM
it just might although i dont have version 6 i think mine is version 1 but Ill try this n see if it works also incase it doesnt do you kno if the "personal use License" on reaper will allow me to use ez drummer?

+Quote Post
Hexabuzz
Dec 6 2013, 08:23 AM
QUOTE (Vulpine @ Dec 6 2013, 07:20 AM) *
it just might although i dont have version 6 i think mine is version 1 but Ill try this n see if it works also incase it doesnt do you kno if the "personal use License" on reaper will allow me to use ez drummer?

It looks like the current version of Sonar LE is 8, so that could be your problem.

See the compatibility section from the EZDrummer site: http://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=7

Reaper is exactly the same regardless of the license you purchase, it's just a question of whether you are using it for yourself, or in a commercial environment where you're earning money. There's more on that at the Reaper website, but you'll be fine with the personal version.

You may use the discounted license if any of the following is true:

You are an individual, using REAPER only for personal use.
You are an individual or business, using REAPER for commercial use, and the yearly gross revenue does not exceed USD $20,000.
You are an educational or non-profit organization.

And yes, EZDrummer works fine in Reaper... I use it as well as Superior Drummer all the time in Reaper.

This post has been edited by Hexabuzz: Dec 6 2013, 08:28 AM

+Quote Post
Huargo
Dec 6 2013, 08:42 AM
Tone Seeker
As Hexabuzz said there's no difference between reaper personal and commercial license... it's a way to make reaper affordable for non commercial uses. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Dec 6 2013, 08:50 AM
Reaper it is then... hey thanks so much guys = )

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 6 2013, 09:20 AM
Instructor
It's a bit late but I'll just confirm that if budget limits You, then it would be good to go for Reaper. It's not only about cash saving but You will also find a lot ofReaper users here and You could easily get some help when needed smile.gif

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Dec 6 2013, 10:01 AM
Learning Rock Star
Yep, Reaper. As soon as I read your title, Reaper came to mind smile.gif

The only thing is, it doesn't come with any instruments... ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
korblitz
Dec 6 2013, 12:05 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Dec 6 2013, 10:01 AM) *
Yep, Reaper. As soon as I read your title, Reaper came to mind smile.gif

The only thing is, it doesn't come with any instruments... ohmy.gif

Download Reaper and get a free guitar.

Only one can dream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY2BQk9s11Y

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 6 2013, 01:41 PM
Instructor
I'm here just confirming that Reaper is the best election for you. Go for it and you won't regret it. smile.gif

I have one question, what daw were you using for your songs?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
thefireball
Dec 7 2013, 05:03 PM
Learning Roadie
I love Reaper - and it will let you use it forever without having to pay for it. Just keep clicking Still Evaluating.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 7 2013, 07:53 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Vulpine @ Dec 6 2013, 04:27 AM) *
Hey guys I have an ez drummer software but I dont have a Daw *Digital Audio Workstation* that is compatible with my ez drummer

I have Cakewalk Sonar LE

I hear Cakewalk Sonar X2 is compatible but is 199$ for studio version hoping there might be something cheaper

I started with Reaper ( didn't go far ) bought an audiobox that came with studio one, when I figured out I had to upgrade to insert any vst's I went back to Reaper, this has helped me a lot

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 7 2013, 09:20 PM
REAPER is probably your best option smile.gif Glad to see such good answer in the thread!!

Let us know if you need help getting going on reaper, and check out the vid posted in this thread.

Reaper is free to use, cross platform, and everybody has a copy. So in general it's just the best bet all around. Great to see everyone agreeing on something smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Vulpine @ Dec 6 2013, 02:50 AM) *
Reaper it is then... hey thanks so much guys = )

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Dec 7 2013, 09:41 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 6 2013, 12:41 PM) *
I'm here just confirming that Reaper is the best election for you. Go for it and you won't regret it. smile.gif

I have one question, what daw were you using for your songs?

Cakewalk Sonar LE daw like version 1

Just purchased Reaper last night and wow its SOooooooo much better then my previous Sonar Le

when I record over a drum track my timing is like almost always on the beat on my other one I had to do like 50 Takes just to get my timing close to being on beat

and it was still alil frustrating getting Ez drummer to play on Reaper "ONLY" until I found out my Ez drum VST plug in was not in the folder it should be * I had some help figuring this out but once I moved it in reapers "FX" folder i could finally use ez drummer .which I could not use for like over 6 months .... I just want to say thanks alot guys I'll be recording something on it soon

QUOTE (korblitz @ Dec 6 2013, 11:05 AM) *
Download Reaper and get a free guitar.

Only one can dream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY2BQk9s11Y

lol I Know right *Nice video btw*

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:33 AM