Blue Light Better Than Coffee!
Todd Simpson
Dec 19 2013, 08:08 AM
GMC:er
A new study shows that simply using BLUE TINTED LIGHT in your studio/workspace may be more beneficial than coffee for helping your brain stay sharp and creative smile.gif I always suspected as much and have been using blue light in my home studio setups for years!!! How about you guys?

Here is a link to the study and info.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7588968@N07/

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 19 2013, 08:09 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 20 2013, 07:35 AM
Anybody else use blue light in their home studio? Or is it just me? smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 19 2013, 02:08 AM) *
A new study shows that simply using BLUE TINTED LIGHT in your studio/workspace may be more beneficial than coffee for helping your brain stay sharp and creative smile.gif I always suspected as much and have been using blue light in my home studio setups for years!!! How about you guys?

Here is a link to the study and info.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7588968@N07/

Attached Image

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 20 2013, 11:28 AM
Instructor
Interesting thing. There were more of articles about blue light. Gotta try this by myself wink.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Dec 20 2013, 05:47 PM
Blue is my favorite color but after trying to drink it I still like the taste of coffee better.

Is that an ADA MP-1 in the rack?

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Dec 20 2013, 06:29 PM
Pretty blue!

I use to have blue neon 'smoke' lights coming from my gaming PC, but unfortunately not any more. At night it really does have some effect on you. I use to love watching it swirl, but it would keep me awake. My PC is now a pretty solid block of reinforced noise foam (quiet as a whisper).

As for coffee, can't stand the stuff. Tastes like dirt and the best coffee is well pooped out from a cat... each to their own taste. I use to take energy drinks instead, but that's not the most healthiest option. Green coffee bean extract is the best - it's the raw source before the coffee is roasted, browned and destroyed - you therefore get higher levels of caffeine and chlorogenic acid which boosts metabolism and energy. Some use it for weight loss (in which it's really good), however I just use it for a pre-workout once a day to maintain abs. Yeah, yeah, I know... it's from my mum okay, she's however really good at health stuff and forced it onto me at a young age. I've never actually drank a completely full cup of real coffee in my life (but have tasted it).

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Dec 20 2013, 06:30 PM

+Quote Post
Doug Lane
Dec 20 2013, 06:33 PM
I've experienced some good improvement in my focus by using a negative ion generator and white noise in my room. I'll have to experiment with adding some more blue light to my environment smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 20 2013, 10:48 PM
There really is something to it IMHO smile.gif I used to use green ambient light for a while and switched to BLUE and my concentration, focus, even the amount of time I am able to play/mix/post has increased since switching simply the color of ambient light in my studio. I've been using these cheap little LED bulbs that fit in standard lamps. They come with a remote control even smile.gif Usually about 10 dollars U.S.

Here is an ebay link for an example.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16-Color-Changing-...=item53fd694d9f

Attached Image

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 20 2013, 05:28 AM) *
Interesting thing. There were more of articles about blue light. Gotta try this by myself wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:48 PM