> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Renan's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 18 2013, 05:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Renan @ Dec 18 2013, 01:14 PM) *
Thank you ! there's one also in the new legato lesson , but it's a bit easier . So whit some kind of the exercises like you suggested , I'm sure gonna master that lesson ! smile.gif

Excellent!! Remember to do different variations and to work them vertically, horizontally and skipping strings. wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Renan
Dec 26 2013, 10:15 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hi gab !
I want to make my playing stronger . I mean , I don't want to make silly mistakes and miss the rythm or something like that , want to play more natural and comfortable
Do you call this stamina?
Anyways , how can I practice for this ?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 26 2013, 08:08 PM
Instructor
Hi mate. I'm not sure if I understand you well but if you want to play more natural and comfortable there isn't another way than practice to achieve this. That's why I like to assign guitar routines that cover all the different topics that the students want to cover and at the same time dedicate time to more musical lessons that make you feel on a real music situation.

Repetitive exercises are very effective for training your muscles and then be able to play long sections without too much effort so using my ITC exercises can really help for that. On the other hand, repetitive exercises are not very funny and creative so I think that it's good for some minutes but not to focus only on them.

I think that the routine that we designed is very useful for this and I wonder if we shouldn't update it. How do you feel with the lessons? Are there lessons that you think are starting to bore you?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Renan
Dec 27 2013, 09:26 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 26 2013, 07:08 PM) *
Hi mate. I'm not sure if I understand you well but if you want to play more natural and comfortable there isn't another way than practice to achieve this. That's why I like to assign guitar routines that cover all the different topics that the students want to cover and at the same time dedicate time to more musical lessons that make you feel on a real music situation.

Repetitive exercises are very effective for training your muscles and then be able to play long sections without too much effort so using my ITC exercises can really help for that. On the other hand, repetitive exercises are not very funny and creative so I think that it's good for some minutes but not to focus only on them.

I think that the routine that we designed is very useful for this and I wonder if we shouldn't update it. How do you feel with the lessons? Are there lessons that you think are starting to bore you?

No , I'm not bored yet . biggrin.gif
Maybe I'm a bit impatient , I'll now continue to stick to the routine and maybe taking a post per week may help us to see the improvement

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 27 2013, 05:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Renan @ Dec 27 2013, 05:26 AM) *
No , I'm not bored yet . biggrin.gif
Maybe I'm a bit impatient , I'll now continue to stick to the routine and maybe taking a post per week may help us to see the improvement

Be patient and enjoy the process. We have to be deep if we want to achieve deep results. Focus on the routine and the lessons and enjoy the journey. An off course, keep me updated. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Renan
Jan 12 2014, 10:38 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hi gab!
Let me show you how the tapping is going :

https://soundcloud.com/evren-bozmas/tapping-lesson

I have to work on finger stretching , it's hard to hammer on from 2nd fret to 7th.
What do you think ?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 13 2014, 04:45 AM
Instructor
Great job Ren! Excepting a little detail in the last part, it's a perfect take. Continue practicing this one some more days, and isolate the last section. You will be ready for a 10 soon. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Renan
Jan 13 2014, 02:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
Great ! The routine really helps to improve all techniques!
I asked Darius to make a thread for me just for improvisation , we'll work on that there and here I'll always keep you updated.
So let's practice! Can you add new lessons for tapping ?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 13 2014, 04:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Renan @ Jan 13 2014, 10:55 AM) *
Great ! The routine really helps to improve all techniques!
I asked Darius to make a thread for me just for improvisation , we'll work on that there and here I'll always keep you updated.
So let's practice! Can you add new lessons for tapping ?

Excellent mate. What do you think of adding this lesson to the routine?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-legato-lesson/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Renan
Jan 13 2014, 04:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yeah man ! Let's add this one smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 13 2014, 06:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Renan @ Jan 13 2014, 12:28 PM) *
Yeah man ! Let's add this one smile.gif

Perfect! You can divide it in three parts for practice:

Part 1: 00:00 to 00:17
Part 2: 00:17 to 00:23
Part 3: 00:23 to end.

Then combine them.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Renan
Jan 28 2014, 02:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi !
I was at France last week , I'll soon send you some takes about techniques

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 28 2014, 03:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Renan @ Jan 28 2014, 10:54 AM) *
Hi !
I was at France last week , I'll soon send you some takes about techniques

Great! Welcome back mate! I'll wait for the videos.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Renan
Feb 6 2014, 01:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey ,

I'm a bit bored of the routine man smile.gif let's change the lessons.
I started to work on this : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/bumblefoot-style-lesson/
it's an interesting lesson , there are also some hard tapping stuff. I have to practice the first part and somewhere it get's insane.

and also this : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ssical-etude-1/ , for little sweeps and alternate picking

today I planned to start to work on these :
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Jake-E-Lee-Style/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Country-Shred-Lesson/

do you suggest anything to improve my speed and fretboard knowledge?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 6 2014, 05:51 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! This sounds very good! It's a great movement to change your routine as soon as you start feeling unmotivated with it. We are not working on lessons, we are working on you. Lessons are just an excuse to find Renan's internal music.

I think that your suggestions are great and enough for the next 1/2 weeks. Don't overwhelm yourself with lots of lessons. We are not hurried. If you practice these ones and still have time, dedicate it to composing, improvising... or if you are not inspired watch a movie, read a book or just go out. smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/bumblefoot-style-lesson/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ssical-etude-1/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Country-Shred-Lesson/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Jake-E-Lee-Style/

"do you suggest anything to improve my speed and fretboard knowledge?"

What about this?
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48919

Speed? The lessons that you are working on are full of speed exercises, isolate them as we usually do in my Vchats and focus on details to make your movements more effective. Let me know if you have questions or if you want to share a video.

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Feb 6 2014, 05:52 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Renan
Feb 6 2014, 07:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
Okay , great smile.gif I'll keep you updated

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 7 2014, 03:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Renan @ Feb 6 2014, 03:03 PM) *
Okay , great smile.gif I'll keep you updated

Ok! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Renan
Feb 7 2014, 07:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey man , I have a problem about playing when recording sad.gif
Sometimes I always make mistakes while recording at the easiest part which I could play before recording , but I get mad if I make a mistake because I hate to stop it and start all over. It's double madness when recording also a video. That time I have to stop both and restart , which takes a lot of time when I continue to make mistakes. I don't want to get nervous.

What do you say?

This post has been edited by Renan: Feb 7 2014, 07:36 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 8 2014, 06:28 PM
Instructor
Hi Renan! The RED LIGHT effect! This one just disappears with practice. Many of us suffer this issue when we start recording videos and the only way to make it disappear is making the recording moment something normal. I invite you to post videos here, even when they have errors regarding the nervous, I will contemplate it. And be sure that after some time, this problem will be transcended.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Renan
Feb 8 2014, 09:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
All right , so I'll post videos more often smile.gif

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:29 AM