Theory Quick Start Guide, Learn Important Fundamentals of Music Theory for Guitarists
The Professor
May 10 2013, 09:46 AM
Theory Instructor
Music Theory Quick Start Program

Welcome to the theory quick start guide here at GMC, run by The Professor.

This series of articles is geared towards guitarists who are looking to get started with the basics of music theory, or for players that are looking for a refresher on the fundamentals of music theory.

The lessons linked from this page cover everything from learning the notes on the neck, how to read notes on the staff, building basic scales and chords, as well as rules and pointers to help you write out and read any type of notation for guitar.

So, if you are just getting started on your music theory journey, or are looking to refresh this material in your mind and fingers, then you are in the right place.

Feel free to bookmark this page as more lessons will be added regularly, and as always if you have any questions post them below and I’ll be glad to help out.

Theory Quick Start Lessons

Notes on the Neck Part 1

Notes on the Neck Part 2

What Is The Treble Clef

Notes on the Spaces of the Treble Clef

Notes on the Lines of the Treble Clef

How to Write Out Scales

Intro to Pentatonic Scales

Intro to Building Major Scales

What Are Triads

What Are Arpeggios

What Are Musical Intervals

If you have any questions about the Theory Quick Start Lessons, or have any suggestions for future lessons in this subject area, post them below and I will be happy to help you out any way I can.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Professor: Jul 28 2013, 02:09 PM

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:00 AM