My 2 Year Anniversary, Thanks GMC
zen
Jan 23 2010, 01:01 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I'm 30 yrs old and celebrating my 2 year anniversary today at this outstanding community, where Ive had the chance to learn and be inspired by so many friendly people ..
Ive had many ups n downs ..and the 1st year was spent mostly starting from scratch on a metronome, lacking consistency, not doing much at all and getting rid of bad habits, getting familiar with alternate picking & gazing wishfully at such a tremendous talent here..

I progress at a slow pace, which just means that I have to put twice as much effort in the simplest of tasks.. smile.gif
So, I don't have any magical transformation progress/ story to tell here..
I started with Kris's spoken lessons in 2008 and worked primarily on alt picking on Muris's early lessons .. on a metronome..

But I was glad to pick up the pace at the end of the 2nd year (with a bit of a help from the mid life crisis ) and got more structured and disciplined on learning from most of you. Now it feels weird if I'm sitting on the computer without my guitar. smile.gif

The truly global nature of this community is phenomenal and I'm proud to be a part of it.
It just goes to prove that music unites us all smile.gif

I'll be a happy man if I'm able to reach even at half the level of most of the members here.

I bet you're bored by now, if you were reading i.e tongue.gif
Just felt like posting a Thank you note .. so Thanks GMC and all you awesome instructors!! tongue.gif
Hoping to continue this journey and learn a lot from you ...

p.s -
I'm also a proud member of the GMC Coffee Club.. Register your taste here.

Attached Image

Statutory warning:
Mixing caffeine and metal music can cause serious damage to your fingers, arms and neck. The stunts performed in this image are by a 'not so' trained professional who is completely nuts!! Do not attempt it at home.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jan 23 2010, 01:11 PM
Learning Roadie
Congratz on you anniversary Zen smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 23 2010, 01:29 PM
GMC:er
Congratulations mate!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

PS. Please note that too much Coffee makes your head blurry!!!
laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Jan 23 2010, 01:32 PM

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 23 2010, 02:34 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Congrats Zen!, may you stay with us many more years to come smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 23 2010, 05:18 PM
Instructor
Hehe, very cool man, congratulations! biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 23 2010, 05:36 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Congrats Zen! You can use that cool CD label for your first album. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Jan 23 2010, 06:05 PM
Zen...
I too am a PROUD member of the Coffee Council, that was a great thread you started, It made me laugh out loud more than once! By the way, if you are 30... you may have had a crises, but it wasn't the mid-life one. You have a few years to go for that one wink.gif I hope we are all around to celebrate your mid-life crises one with you. You'll have the desire to buy Marshall stacks, and new guitars, a very fast car and the young ladies will look even more beautiful than ever! laugh.gif

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"

+Quote Post
zen
Jan 24 2010, 03:39 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks Guyz.. smile.gif

QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Jan 24 2010, 03:36 AM) *
Congrats Zen! You can use that cool CD label for your first album. biggrin.gif

haha indeed.. btw there was no editing done on this.. The pic ACTUALLY came like that ... hence the statutory warning to not move your neck in that manner .. hahhaa .. I took it from the video that was recorded around this which didnt come out good.

QUOTE (Hammerhead @ Jan 24 2010, 04:05 AM) *
Zen...
I too am a PROUD member of the Coffee Council, that was a great thread you started, It made me laugh out loud more than once! By the way, if you are 30... you may have had a crises, but it wasn't the mid-life one. You have a few years to go for that one wink.gif I hope we are all around to celebrate your mid-life crises one with you. You'll have the desire to buy Marshall stacks, and new guitars, a very fast car and the young ladies will look even more beautiful than ever! laugh.gif

I agree with you Hammer .. Maybe I just had a premature mid life crisis laugh.gif .. infact, I need more of these revelations... one evolves heaps from them and focuses on what's really important in life.. .. And if they include more guitars, fast cars, chicks .. then I'm so looking forward to it.. hahhaa ..

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 24 2010, 08:19 AM
Congrats. 2 years has gone so fast.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 24 2010, 05:48 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Congrats again on the 2 year anniversary Zen! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Feb 5 2010, 04:55 PM
Instructor
congrats man! hehehe nice cd label! I agree that coffee and metal is not a good idea

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:44 PM