Wintersun - Time I
Ben Higgins
Oct 17 2012, 07:47 PM
Instructor
Just listened to the whole album stream here.. it's really damn good !

http://www.wintersun.fi/album-stream/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Saddlefall
Oct 17 2012, 08:16 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Can't wait for this album..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Explorer
Jackson Warrior WRXT
Jackson RR24
Schecter Demon 7 string

Amp:
Marshall JMD:1

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 18 2012, 09:19 AM
Instructor
It's great. It was only by chance I decided to listen to it as I'm not a follower of Wintersun at all smile.gif

+Quote Post
wollace03
Oct 18 2012, 09:32 AM
GMC:er
thanx for the link!!
I saw them live a few years ago together with amon amarth and I really liked their performance.....

the new abum sounds great!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Oct 18 2012, 11:00 AM
GMC:er
Nice music to use while working !

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 18 2012, 12:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Oct 18 2012, 11:00 AM) *
Nice music to use while working !

That's it.. it's a great musical journey to have whilst you're sat in one place doing something smile.gif

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Oct 18 2012, 12:40 PM
Tone Seeker
The link didn't work yesterday for me. Maybe too much metalheads on same page with me wink.gif

Not a fan though but this is something really massive. 80 minutes of metal split into 2 records. And about over 1600 tracks in one song (Sons of winter and stars). What a mixing process wacko.gif
Mixing for album 2 starts on spring and takes about 4 months.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 18 2012, 01:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (WeePee @ Oct 18 2012, 12:40 PM) *
The link didn't work yesterday for me. Maybe too much metalheads on same page with me wink.gif

Not a fan though but this is something really massive. 80 minutes of metal split into 2 records. And about over 1600 tracks in one song (Sons of winter and stars). What a mixing process wacko.gif
Mixing for album 2 starts on spring and takes about 4 months.

You've got to click on the player so it starts but then pause it wait about 5-10mins for it to load enough to start playing. It also starts very quietly so you could think there was nothing happening.

+Quote Post
Saddlefall
Oct 19 2012, 09:50 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
After having listened to the whole album, it honestly didn't impress me that much.. but after the second playthrough it grew a little.. I suspect it will be one of those albums that take some time to get into. Hah, see what I did there? tongue.gif
It's so deep with so many layers, guitars, vocals, choir, ochestra etc at the same time, really layered and awesome, need time to digest it all!

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Explorer
Jackson Warrior WRXT
Jackson RR24
Schecter Demon 7 string

Amp:
Marshall JMD:1

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 19 2012, 10:06 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Saddlefall @ Oct 19 2012, 09:50 AM) *
After having listened to the whole album, it honestly didn't impress me that much.. but after the second playthrough it grew a little.. I suspect it will be one of those albums that take some time to get into. Hah, see what I did there? tongue.gif
It's so deep with so many layers, guitars, vocals, choir, ochestra etc at the same time, really layered and awesome, need time to digest it all!

The one thing I did find was that the drums sounded very computer-ized. Even more so than the drums on my stuff, The Reckoning.. and they have a real drummer ! tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:43 PM