Dummy Pickups, Do they exist for the average joe?
mhskeide
Feb 10 2010, 01:16 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Hi guys

Just a quickie here. Are the some way to order yourself a dummy pickup? For instance a smokebomb middle-humbucker like Ace Frehley, or some kind of cheesy/flashing LED thing single coil tongue.gif

I have a guitar experiment which I plan to resume soon, and part of the experiment is to solder in new pickups my self smile.gif
It will mainly be a show guitar, meaning I`m prioritating the visuals of it. Since I`m basicly just gonna use the bridge pup and a little neck-pup on it if it survives pimping, I would love a cheesy substitute in the middle position biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 10 2010, 01:45 PM
GMC:er
I don't know of anyone that produces 'Dummy' Pickups. If you want to have LEDs or similar then you could try using a Strat style Single Coil Pup Cover and mount the LEDs in the holes where the Pole Pieces should be. If you want a Humbucker then either use two or buy and old, cheap covered HB and just use the cover!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 11 2010, 01:00 PM
Instructor
Not sure if there is a dummy LED pickup available for purchase, but perhaps you can make one yourself and install the battery in the body. Just buy 6 LEDs for example, and made some kind of a cast out of easy material, like some foam or something that you can paint. Just a suggestion.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Feb 22 2010, 03:49 PM
Instructor
may I ask what do you want them for?

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Feb 22 2010, 03:58 PM
Instructor
i think that's the best idea, just buy some humbucker cover and go for it wink.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:45 PM