5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Audioslave Style Collab
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 15 2016, 09:07 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 14 2016, 01:59 PM) *
Cool lyrics Kris! I can't wait to hear you singing it over the track! So you are going to experiment with really high Cornellish lines. biggrin.gif

Yes - I think I have range but very little control! Fingers crossed!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 15 2016, 06:49 PM
Instructor
Nice! Hey guys! Please start posting your only guitar/bass takes to let me start giving this the right structure.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
GeneT95
Nov 16 2016, 01:56 AM
GMC:er
Testing some lines for the collab. It's a bit rough but as usual a process.

https://soundcloud.com/shallowlines/audioslav1

This post has been edited by GeneT95: Nov 16 2016, 01:59 AM

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Nov 16 2016, 03:05 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Ok Gab, my wah is starting to give me issues, so I need to ship it in for service. I recorded my riff and video, it's a bit short but I figured you could use it. Here's the preview and files, audio kicks in at around 0:05

Audioslave.zip

This post has been edited by yoncopin: Nov 16 2016, 02:58 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 16 2016, 06:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (GeneT95 @ Nov 15 2016, 09:56 PM) *
Testing some lines for the collab. It's a bit rough but as usual a process.

https://soundcloud.com/shallowlines/audioslav1

Hi Gene! That sounds VERY promising! I ca already hear parts that would work great on the final mix.

QUOTE (yoncopin @ Nov 15 2016, 11:05 PM) *
Ok Gab, my wah is starting to give me issues, so I need to ship it in for service. I recorded my riff and video, it's a bit short but I figured you could use it. Here's the preview and files, audio kicks in at around 0:05

Audioslave.zip

Beautiful! Thanks a lot mate! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Mirba
Nov 16 2016, 08:04 PM
Learning Rock Star
I quite enjoyed the backing track so I tried to come up with a solo on this. Unfortunately I couldn't get the video in perfect sync with the audio.

Also there is a small audio stutter in the youtube video(at 0.03s), but not in the audio only files for some reason. I hope that this doesn't matter that much smile.gif

https://we.tl/H12JW3l1Iu downloads with and without backing track.

This post has been edited by Mirba: Nov 16 2016, 08:05 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 17 2016, 03:41 PM
Instructor
Awesome! What a nice surprise Mirba! Thanks a lot for your take!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
GeneT95
Nov 18 2016, 02:45 AM
Aye. Here is my vid and guitar only file. My part is louder just for listening. Although its pretty simple stuff and an effects part mostly.

This post has been edited by GeneT95: Nov 18 2016, 02:49 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 18 2016, 05:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (GeneT95 @ Nov 17 2016, 10:45 PM) *
Aye. Here is my vid and guitar only file. My part is louder just for listening. Although its pretty simple stuff and an effects part mostly.

This is pure greatness! I'm happy to have some Whammy parts for this collab. I think that it's a must for a Tom Morello inspired track! smile.gif

Thank you Gene.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
GeneT95
Nov 18 2016, 01:16 PM
Thanks Gabriel.

I may play around with it some more. I found if I played a lot of notes it turned to mush or didn't mesh with the song. Probably because of my delay setting and delay tail. But its the holidays soon here and I knew I better get a track up before time was taken by family and merriment.

As usual it is a great Collab. Can't wait to hear Kris' vocals.

+Quote Post
Timmez
Nov 18 2016, 01:55 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hello guys i Will also try to join with the verse and bridge.

I Will first send my ideas to you gab.

Greetz tim

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 18 2016, 02:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (GeneT95 @ Nov 18 2016, 09:16 AM) *
Thanks Gabriel.

I may play around with it some more. I found if I played a lot of notes it turned to mush or didn't mesh with the song. Probably because of my delay setting and delay tail. But its the holidays soon here and I knew I better get a track up before time was taken by family and merriment.

As usual it is a great Collab. Can't wait to hear Kris' vocals.

Yeah, also, when using Whammy, it's better to create melodies with a few long notes. That's what I prefer playing and hearing. Thanks again for joining this one.

QUOTE (tflava @ Nov 18 2016, 09:55 AM) *
Hello guys i Will also try to join with the verse and bridge.

I Will first send my ideas to you gab.

Greetz tim

Awesome Tim!! Can't wait!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
sidthekid
Nov 19 2016, 08:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey. here is a short tapping-style solo that I'm playing with (my part starts at 1:25). I want to improve my guitar tone, any suggestions? Also any tips for a better solo welcome!

https://soundcloud.com/user-428681433/audioslave-collab-take-1

+Quote Post
bleez
Nov 20 2016, 12:34 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ9EsuQgVwk

vid
[attachment=45528:audio.wmv]
guitar only -
[attachment=45529:audio_guitar_only.wav]
with backing
[attachment=45530:audio2.wav]

Probably should have set the camera to my foot, it was busier than my hands cool.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
GeneT95
Nov 21 2016, 12:39 AM
Cool Bleez. Really likes the stutter pick select at 00.43.

+Quote Post
bleez
Nov 21 2016, 12:51 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (GeneT95 @ Nov 20 2016, 11:39 PM) *
Cool Bleez. Really likes the stutter pick select at 00.43.

aw thanks dude biggrin.gif I found that part quite difficult, flicking the pickup switch while using the whammy pedal. It required more coordination than Im used to smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 21 2016, 04:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (sidthekid @ Nov 19 2016, 04:39 PM) *
Hey. here is a short tapping-style solo that I'm playing with (my part starts at 1:25). I want to improve my guitar tone, any suggestions? Also any tips for a better solo welcome!

https://soundcloud.com/user-428681433/audioslave-collab-take-1

Better solo?? This is killer man!

Regarding your tone. I think that you could experiment with the EQ used. It's tricky to say what you have to change since there are lots of possibilities and maybe the best is to try different amps (if you are using emulators). I can say that your tone could sound warmer, there are some frequencies in the migh mid range (between 1.5 and 3 khz) that are a a bit disturbing for my ear. You can try lowering these frequencies, or maybe searching for an amp that doesn't make them sound strong.

I also think that a compressor could make this solo sound better, or maybe just more regular picking intensity. There are some notes in the end that can be head clearly.

By the way, we need this solo so even this version could work for the song! I can fix the issues with EQ and edition. But you also have time to fix it and record a new take.

QUOTE (bleez @ Nov 19 2016, 08:34 PM) *

vid
guitar only -
with backing

Probably should have set the camera to my foot, it was busier than my hands cool.gif

Man!!! Record a solo album, this is so awesome!!!!!! Thanks a lot for your magic.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Nov 21 2016, 06:25 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 21 2016, 03:32 PM) *
Man!!! Record a solo album, this is so awesome!!!!!! Thanks a lot for your magic.

biggrin.gif I wish! Thanks mate, I appreciate that a lot smile.gif Its such a cool backing track.
Cant wait to hear the end result........ and what Kris will do cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spock
Nov 21 2016, 07:32 PM
DAMN THIS RHYTHM IS KILLER!!!

I'm inspired! How much longer? I'm in. May take me a while to shake the cobwebs from my fingers.

QUOTE (bleez @ Nov 12 2016, 04:43 AM) *
Playing around with the backing, thought Id give my whammy pedal a blast

https://soundcloud.com/bleez666/audio

F&¢K YEA!!!

QUOTE (bleez @ Nov 19 2016, 06:34 PM) *

vid
guitar only -
with backing

GAWD DUDE!!! I just got put to school on that vid. That is the most perfect accompaniment I think can be written for this. Better than Morello himself would come up with

This post has been edited by Spock: Nov 21 2016, 07:20 PM

+Quote Post
bleez
Nov 21 2016, 07:53 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Spock @ Nov 21 2016, 06:32 PM) *
GAWD DUDE!!! I just got put to school on that vid. That is the most perfect accompaniment I think can be written for this. Better than Morello himself would come up with

you're too kind, sir biggrin.gif

December 3rd, plenty time to get some awesomeness recorded, dude.
Its been far too long since Ive had the pleasure of being part of a collab with your good self.

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:58 PM