Guitarpro And Snowleopard, GP5 always crashes
Nighthawk1
Sep 5 2009, 11:54 AM
GMC:er
Hey there,
does anyone else have the problem that GP crashes shortly after starting it? I recently upgraded to OS 10.6 and ever since I have this problem. GP sucks anyway, it keeps telling my to register my version even though I did this a million times. Also it tells me that there was a new update but when I go on the website and download the "new version" and install it, it still keeps telling me there was a new version. It is just annoying.
But now it doesn't start anymore in the first place. Sometimes it does start up but then crashes when I want do open a file. mad.gif
Anyone else having the problems or any suggestion? Please don't me to contact the stuff because they don't help me out with nothing I know that from my own experience.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
jdriver
Sep 5 2009, 04:18 PM
QUOTE (Nighthawk1 @ Sep 5 2009, 04:54 AM) *
Hey there,
does anyone else have the problem that GP crashes shortly after starting it? I recently upgraded to OS 10.6 and ever since I have this problem. GP sucks anyway, it keeps telling my to register my version even though I did this a million times. Also it tells me that there was a new update but when I go on the website and download the "new version" and install it, it still keeps telling me there was a new version. It is just annoying.
But now it doesn't start anymore in the first place. Sometimes it does start up but then crashes when I want do open a file. mad.gif
Anyone else having the problems or any suggestion? Please don't me to contact the stuff because they don't help me out with nothing I know that from my own experience.

Yes, I have been going around and around with the folks at Arobas. I asked when a version would be available for Snow Leopard, they said they posted 5.3.1 which is compatible and to go to the members area and download it.

You go there and it says 5.3.1, but if you download the link for 10.4 and up, it still version 5.3 dated 12/17/07.

I have sent them 3 emails about this and I am getting no answer.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by jdriver: Sep 5 2009, 04:19 PM

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Sep 5 2009, 09:08 PM
they really suck !!

+Quote Post
jdriver
Sep 8 2009, 12:10 AM
I did some research and there really is a version 5.3.1 that works with Snow Leopard. Here's how to get it.

Right-click and copy the link for 10.4.
Open a new browser window and paste in the address but add a "1" after "53."

Like so:
https://www.guitar-pro.com/download.php?idfile=gp531_mac

You will have to do the same to the RSE banks.

This post has been edited by jdriver: Sep 8 2009, 12:11 AM

--------------------
For some understanding.
Was there ever?

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Sep 8 2009, 03:25 PM
Wow thank you so much that really solved my problem...but I really don't get it why this is so complicated?!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 8 2009, 07:28 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Oh man this is just crazy ! Why don't they just post the right links for everything! sad.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
jdriver
Sep 8 2009, 08:39 PM
Their webmaster is probably on vacation. Still, they could have answered our emails. I wonder how long it will take them to actually fix the web page.

--------------------
For some understanding.
Was there ever?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:16 AM