2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Which Accents Sound Pleasant To You?
The Uncreator
Oct 12 2011, 10:28 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Listening to The Interbeing's "In The Transcendence" - which has spoken words in Danish, I realized that its actually a very graceful language to listen to.

However, I find that when women speak the language always sounds more pleasant. A german woman speaking sounds a lot less 'strict' than when a man speaks it (and I'm German). Same with french as well. One of the only exceptions I can think of is Chinese/ Cantonese/ Mandarin, the language in general is very fluidic.

So, what languages do you guys find pleasant to listen?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Christophe
Oct 12 2011, 11:09 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I love Japanese language, it may be due to the fact I watch mangas everytime ^^

And I love French for sure !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear : ESP LTD MH-401QM ; Zoom G2.1Nu ; Blackstar HT-5 Preamp ; Blackstar HT-112 Speaker;

+Quote Post
TeoWulf
Oct 12 2011, 11:38 PM
GMC:er
I love the italian language. Just sounds cool.
Gotta learn that one.

About accents...
Hungarian accent is so bad...
Most hungarians have a real strong accent when speaking english, it just hurts my ears.

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Oct 13 2011, 12:44 AM
Instructor
i love a good English man/woman accent, but has to be from a very small town somewhere in england, i want the real deal.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 13 2011, 01:03 AM
Actually I'd like to learn German. I"d love to visit Germany and learn through "Immersion". German is just very Metal smile.gif It is a great language for heavy music as illustrated by so many German bands.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 13 2011, 02:01 PM
Instructor
The portuguese spoken in Brasil is very very fluid and beautiful - it has a certain melodic sense somehow biggrin.gif I recommend Charlie Brown Junior! A very nice Brazillian band!

and Tribalistas as well!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Oct 13 2011, 05:09 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Never knew you were german, Uncreator wink.gif
I love listening to japanese, it sounds really nice. And I like spanish, that's why I am learning it at the moment.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Oct 13 2011, 06:36 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I think its sexy and cute when young women speak German, not so much older women or men laugh.gif I enjoy listening to Italians talk, just because its very musical and I have never met an Italian who wasn't a character wink.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Oct 13 2011, 06:56 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
So you guys must envy me...since I listen to german women every day laugh.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Oct 13 2011, 07:00 PM
From the languages surveys, the kiwi accent has been rated the most attractive and prestigious form of English. American's are said to find our accent really sexy... I'm not sure "fush and chups bro"...

I personally like accents/languages depending on what they say or sing...
German for heavy rock/metal and screamo
Swedish for old school rocks
Italian for opera (not that I really like opera)
Spanish for smooth or pop
French is more classical

So for pleasant sounding, I guess I would have to pick Spanish.

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Oct 13 2011, 07:06 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Funny that you said it Azza...I just listened to a german death metal band, and I found it really annoying that they sang/growled in german laugh.gif
So, which german screamo band do you like?

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 13 2011, 09:24 PM
Instructor
I love to hear French and Italian language, words and phrases are simply poetic to my ear.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 13 2011, 09:47 PM
Instructor
I like German for music... like Rammstein and Die Toten Hosen!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
thefireball
Oct 14 2011, 04:43 AM
Learning Roadie
I'm fond of the Scottish accent.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 14 2011, 05:38 AM
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Oct 13 2011, 02:06 PM) *
Funny that you said it Azza...I just listened to a german death metal band, and I found it really annoying that they sang/growled in german laugh.gif

Maybe it works less well for listening if you actually "are" German? The good news is with much Death Metal the vocals are really more rythmic/textural as phonemes are seldom articulated in traditional Death and Sub Genres. It's more about grrrrr/diiie which works in any tongue.

Just for kicks, here is a spiff German GAL singing some BRUUUUTAL stuff. smile.gif

[

That being said, I did find a blog post on a very spiff Metal/Death blog that lays out just why Germany is sooooo BRUUUUTAL.

http://www.nocleansinging.com/2009/12/18/t...fucking-brutal/

Excerpt......

The German death metal scene is lead by technical death metal masters Necrophagist. Not only is Necrophagist the face of German death metal, but they are also one of the most technically proficient bands in the genre, and lead vocalist and guitarist Muhammed Suicmez is one of the most technically sound guitar players in the world. Need proof? Then check out the song “Stabwound” from Necrophagist’s latest album Epitaph, in which Suicmez shows off some of the most insane sweeps found in the genre. His ability to combine disgustingly bad ass riffage with smooth guttural growls is a unique skill few possess.

Necrophagist is joined by the likes of death metal greats such as Obscura and Neaera. Although Necrophagist are the most well known death metal band from Germany, Obscura are no slouches. Featuring two ex-members of Necrophagist, their influence is clearly shown in the technical prowess of songs like “Anticosmetic Overload” and “Universe Momentum” off their latest album Cosmogenesis. Obscura separates itself from Necrophagist by having a more melodic, progressive feel to many of its songs, which has allowed them to become one of the front runners of German metal.

Neaera is one of the leaders of the melodic death metal movement. They established themselves as a powerhouse with their album Let the Tempest Come, and the title track off that album is one of the best melodic death metal songs out there. Neaera is one of the few bands who have the ability to combine melodic death metal with the breakdowns of deathcore and the blast beats of straight up death metal giving them a sound that is punishingly unique. Their latest effort, Omnicide (Creation Unleashed), continues their trend of a brutal yet melodic combination. I suggest you check it out if you haven’t already.

Along with good old fashioned death metal, Germany has a few melodic standouts to speak of as well. Agathodaimon is a five piece gothic black metal band from Mainz. They combine clean vocals with the raspy shrills found in black metal, giving them a sound that penetrates yet calms. Thier song “Serpent’s Embrace” off the album of the same name is one of the catchiest i have heard and they deserve a listen if you haven’t heard of them. Deadlock is a dark melodic death metal band from Schwarzenfeld, Bavaria. They are one of the few talented death metal bands to combine low growls with operatic female vocals. Sabine Weniger has a beautiful yet haunting voice as evidenced in the song “Code of Honor” off their album Wolves. Both Agathodaimon and Deadlock combine dark lyrical themes with melody to form their own brand of brutality.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 14 2011, 05:46 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 14 2011, 06:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Oct 14 2011, 03:43 AM) *
I'm fond of the Scottish accent.

Sco'ish aye? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif me toooo

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Oct 14 2011, 06:33 AM
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Oct 14 2011, 07:06 AM) *

Well I'm not too much into screamo, but there's some good german songs out there.

Ramstein being a fav (sure it's better if you don't know the language).

Equilibrium - Blut Im Auge (kinda german screamo? mostly 'folk' metal)

What about Nevada Tan (Linkin Park in german)

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Oct 14 2011, 06:36 AM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 14 2011, 08:52 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 13 2011, 01:03 AM) *
Actually I'd like to learn German. I"d love to visit Germany and learn through "Immersion". German is just very Metal smile.gif It is a great language for heavy music as illustrated by so many German bands.

Yeah, immersing yourself in a country is the best and quickest way to pick up a language because you're in it 24/7 smile.gif

I must admit I can't think of an unpleasant language or accent.. they are all appealing in their own ways. I generally like all European accents. German has the best of both worlds because it can sound very authoritarion when it needs to be but also very attractive and sexy on a woman too. Perhaps the most appealing accents on a woman are Italian, Spanish and Portugese. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Oct 14 2011, 07:28 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
@Azza: I love Rammstein, I just think it is kinda weird to hear german screamo / death metal bands singing german. Rammstein sings pretty straight forward, as well as other german rock bands. Nevada Tan? Come on man...they were a kind of teenage sensation laugh.gif Equilibrium is cool, but still the german somehow bothers me...but Subway to Sally has some cool tunes (then again, he sings pretty normal):

@Ben: In this video, one of my personal goddesses (you're right, there are a few...) speaks german:

@Todd: for german death metal / metalcore, check out Heaven Shall Burn (my favourites, though the singer messes up his english live wink.gif ) and Caliban. In the first video you can hear some east german accent wink.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 14 2011, 07:37 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I actually like English and Italian smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:44 PM