What You Love Most About Gmc
Ben Higgins
Oct 26 2012, 11:02 AM
Instructor
Hi Guys, I'd say that perhaps the thing I love most about GMC is being introduced to, and talking to, people like yourselves from all over the world. People who I normally wouldn't have known about or would have met.

I love the fact that we share our home town stories, culture, FOOD (!), ideas, inspirational moments, good times, challenging times, music.. in general just brightening up our day. I can happily say my life has been made all the more interesting and rewarding for knowing you. smile.gif

That's what I love most about this place.. what about you ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Sensible Jones
Oct 26 2012, 11:24 AM
GMC:er
Those exact reasons too!!
I can also add that I like to be able to help people with the Tech side of things and am happy to share the knowledge!
biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Oct 26 2012, 11:42 AM
Learning Roadie
The lack of ego shown by everyone who posts here (a miracle seeing as we're all guitarists). Everyone is interested in progressing and helping each other progress.

GROUP HUG!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Oct 26 2012, 12:05 PM
Learning Tone Master
I guess I'm on the same line as you guys. Many people here are so knowledgeable yet humble about themselves. You don't see much of "noses in the air" or showing off.

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Oct 26 2012, 12:09 PM
I must agree with everyone also. Well except Ben and his *tummy grumbles* FOOD! laugh.gif I think I should go hunt some down actually!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 26 2012, 12:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Oct 26 2012, 11:42 AM) *
The lack of ego shown by everyone who posts here (a miracle seeing as we're all guitarists).

I love that sentence !! laugh.gif

QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Oct 26 2012, 12:09 PM) *
I must agree with everyone also. Well except Ben and his *tummy grumbles* FOOD! laugh.gif I think I should go hunt some down actually!

Sorry about that.. I've gone and done it again.. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Oct 26 2012, 03:21 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 26 2012, 07:30 AM) *
Sorry about that.. I've gone and done it again.. rolleyes.gif

Just ate this in honor of you! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 26 2012, 03:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Oct 26 2012, 03:21 PM) *

Just ate this in honor of you! biggrin.gif

Now you've done it to me !! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
TeoWulf
Oct 26 2012, 03:36 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 26 2012, 10:02 AM) *
Hi Guys, I'd say that perhaps the thing I love most about GMC is being introduced to, and talking to, people like yourselves from all over the world. People who I normally wouldn't have known about or would have met.

I love the fact that we share our home town stories, culture, FOOD (!), ideas, inspirational moments, good times, challenging times, music.. in general just brightening up our day. I can happily say my life has been made all the more interesting and rewarding for knowing you. smile.gif

[/fan mode]

Marcus. Period.

[fan mode\]

I feel the same way as you do, Ben.
My life would just be a less iteresting without knowing you guys...

Oh, and I'd probably still suck at playing the guitar biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
gregc1
Oct 26 2012, 03:39 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I just love the environment here in general. It's extremely conducive to getting better. I get inspiration from everything from people's REC takes doing Bear's Beginners Corner to watching some of you guys play stuff I'll never be able to play. Fireball had a video that was really cool, maybe he still does, that showed his progression from first time playing to current. He goes from casual, sloppy strumming to banging out one of Cosmin's Drop A jams. Awesome.

It's also really crazy to me that I can sit here in Florida, and easily talk to or get instruction from guys in England, South America, Romania, etc. Not to mention the expertise in just about any style you can think of.

Just a couple there but I could go on. Great site. And just for this thread, I present you the ice cream burger.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 26 2012, 05:29 PM
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Oct 26 2012, 03:39 PM) *
I present you the ice cream burger.

I really don't know what to say!!!!
ohmy.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
wollace03
Oct 26 2012, 05:50 PM
I think you named all the reasons why I like being here.... I want to add just one: being taught by some of you and always getting answers to my questions!!! I quit gmc once and came back cause it is the best site if you really wanna improve your playing.
and you all rock!!! glad that I know you.
the live chats are great, too although I have way to little time for them........

and..... after the age of 30 it is better to talk about food then to actually eat it...although I sometimes think that talking about food alone adds some pounds to my weight.....

+Quote Post
gregc1
Oct 26 2012, 06:14 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Oct 26 2012, 04:29 PM) *
I really don't know what to say!!!!
ohmy.gif

Hahaha, I hear you man. I don't think I could eat it. Sweet and Meat just don't go together.

--------------------

+Quote Post
wollace03
Oct 26 2012, 06:17 PM
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Oct 26 2012, 07:14 PM) *
Hahaha, I hear you man. I don't think I could eat it. Sweet and Meat just don't go together.

hmmm.... when I think back to the times when my wife was pregnant I think this would have been her perfect choice rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Oct 26 2012, 06:29 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
It's also really crazy to me that I can sit here in Florida, and easily talk to or get instruction from guys in England, South America, Romania, etc. Not to mention the expertise in just about any style you can think of.

yeah, Ive often been quite blown away by that part as well! Its awesome having access to such good players, what a difference it has made to my playing.
The community as well is a real plus point. Its just a great environment for keeping motivated. My whole mindset for learning has changed completely since coming here.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 26 2012, 06:45 PM
Instructor
Just a couple there but I could go on. Great site. And just for this thread, I present you the ice cream burger.

It seems wrong but if I was presented with the chance to consume this then I probably would.. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Oct 26 2012, 08:06 PM
Learning Tone Master
Chilling out on the Chat talking to like-minded people smile.gif

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Oct 26 2012, 08:14 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 26 2012, 08:28 PM
I really dig the sense of community here @ GMC. Brothers in Arms!

Todd

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 26 2012, 06:02 AM) *

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Oct 26 2012, 10:06 PM
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Oct 26 2012, 10:39 AM) *

ohmy.gif You had me at bacon

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Grace
Oct 26 2012, 10:14 PM
What's not to love about GMC?? Even the price is amazing!! Meeting musicians from all around the world, access to many of the best instructors ever, awesome lessons, live lessons, all the good crazy stuff that happens on the forum posts, we even get personal comics! How much we learn and improve, plus it's a place filled with supportive and helping people, making up and playing songs together with the collabs, I don't know guys...it's almost too good to be true...I hope we're not being hypnotized by all this awesomeness and end up being their slaves mellow.gif.....no they must be training an army of guitarists! What could be more powerful than this?? We will defeat everything that stands against us and have victory over all our battles! To arms soldiers!! \,,,/

--------------------
BRUUUUUTAL GRIM DEATH NINJA OF THE FROZEN NORTH!!!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:03 PM