Quick Licks #79 - Building Speed On Alternate Picking
Todd Simpson
May 11 2019, 07:55 PM
GMC:er
Per a thread on Alternate Picking, I thought I'd put up a QUICK LICKS that features a strict alternate picking pattern across strings (traverse). This is a very simple pattern. 6 Notes, that's all, just 6 simple notes. The same shape on 2 strings so there is no hand shift. It allows you to focus on the picking. The key to picking FAST indeed, the

KEY TO SHREDDING, is

to simply NOT tense up. Tensing up is one of the worst things you can do. Notice in the video how I'm barely even using the wrist, not at all using the forearm, and above all staying relaxed. Focus on staying relaxed at low speed then speed up while focusing more on staying relaxed than on the notes. The notes are not as important as staying relaxed to be honest. You will hit a brick wall at some point playing in a TENSED fashion. Breaking through that is critical to being able to shred imho. Give these 6 notes a try!

Attached File  79.gp5 ( 1.78K ) Number of downloads: 118

Attached Image

You are only 6 notes away from being able to shred like a mad man. The time for you to take the time to make a short vid and get some feedback is now! smile.gif
Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 11 2019, 08:53 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:02 AM