2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Are They For Real?, Should I laugh or cry?
Mudbone
Aug 6 2012, 09:18 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'm just curious, is this band for real? I really don't like to mock other peoples efforts, but I'm having a hard time believing this band is for real. Do they really think they will make it big by implementing every metal cliche to a fault? If they're just doing this for fun, then all the power to them.

The reason why I even bother to bring this up is because the metal scene is getting over-saturated with such acts. It is seriously boring me to tears.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
derper
Aug 6 2012, 10:44 PM
Learning Tone Master
I have no idea.... but that was awful! ohmy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Aug 6 2012, 10:51 PM
GMC:er
for a moment i thought that the vocalist actually had pasta on her head

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 7 2012, 12:23 AM
Sad and a bit painful.

QUOTE (Mudbone @ Aug 6 2012, 04:18 PM) *
I'm just curious, is this band for real? I really don't like to mock other peoples efforts, but I'm having a hard time believing this band is for real. Do they really think they will make it big by implementing every metal cliche to a fault? If they're just doing this for fun, then all the power to them.

The reason why I even bother to bring this up is because the metal scene is getting over-saturated with such acts. It is seriously boring me to tears.

+Quote Post
spacebran
Aug 7 2012, 03:30 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 6 2012, 05:23 PM) *
Sad and a bit painful.

Agreed. I couldn't even watch all of it.

+Quote Post
gregc1
Aug 7 2012, 04:50 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Man that bridge part was one of the more disturbing things I've heard.

I think that was real too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 7 2012, 08:51 AM
Instructor
Dude...I almost spilled the coffee mug

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 7 2012, 09:01 AM
Instructor
I would say they put too much effort into the vid for it not to be serious.

And that is definitely the floor of a toilet in't it ? Doesn't look hygienic at all.

Hmmmmmm....

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 8 2012, 10:43 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I actually think they're serious, but not something I'd listen to at all..
But hey, at least they got a video out and that's more than some of us smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 8 2012, 11:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Aug 8 2012, 10:43 AM) *
But hey, at least they got a video out and that's more than some of us smile.gif

Very true. And let's face it, it's still not as bad as Attack Attack..

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 8 2012, 04:04 PM
Instructor
I dislike it too much. ohmy.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
wollace03
Aug 8 2012, 06:22 PM
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Aug 6 2012, 10:18 PM) *

I am sure they are serious about what they do... but it is a thin line between cool and funny and some bands just dont get it right.... I really like metal - I like old school metal with typical posing but that it too much....
who signs these bands??

+Quote Post
jessi
Aug 8 2012, 06:36 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 7 2012, 07:51 AM) *
Dude...I almost spilled the coffee mug

laugh.gif I can really visualize it how you doing that! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 8 2012, 10:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 8 2012, 04:04 PM) *
I dislike it too much. ohmy.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

That's a really definitive statement - I love it ! laugh.gif

(The statement, not the song..) wink.gif

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Aug 8 2012, 11:20 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 8 2012, 06:13 AM) *

I don't know man, I think you need to watch it again laugh.gif Its now my go-to video when I want a quick laugh tongue.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 9 2012, 09:22 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 8 2012, 10:13 AM) *

In my opinion Attack, Attack is a great sounding band. This video may not be the coolest, but these dudes sound tighter than a bus crammed full of fat people smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 9 2012, 09:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Aug 8 2012, 11:20 PM) *
I don't know man, I think you need to watch it again laugh.gif Its now my go-to video when I want a quick laugh tongue.gif

Hmmm, I'm not sure I can. huh.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 9 2012, 09:22 AM) *
In my opinion Attack, Attack is a great sounding band. This video may not be the coolest, but these dudes sound tighter than a bus crammed full of fat people smile.gif

Well, in the studio anyone can be tight... but if they're also like it live then respect. smile.gif Someone will have to tell me though because I don't think I'm brave enough to look up any footage ! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Aug 9 2012, 06:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Aug 6 2012, 08:18 PM) *

I think they are for real! Why not! It is a new thing in metal LOL! Get a fat chick to sing, put pasta on her had and make a video in your garage! Oh yeah also use a lot of sepia effects to make it more dramatic!

+Quote Post
Yash
Aug 9 2012, 06:51 PM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Aug 9 2012, 11:06 PM) *
I think they are for real! Why not! It is a new thing in metal LOL! Get a fat chick to sing, put pasta on her had and make a video in your garage! Oh yeah also use a lot of sepia effects to make it more dramatic!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif More !!! More !!!! I need more of Alex's funny side biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Really nice to see you open up man biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 9 2012, 07:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 9 2012, 08:41 AM) *
Hmmm, I'm not sure I can. huh.gif

Well, in the studio anyone can be tight... but if they're also like it live then respect. smile.gif Someone will have to tell me though because I don't think I'm brave enough to look up any footage ! laugh.gif

Well, I have to look for a good version on YT - one having decent sound smile.gif

Dunno man, the production behind these bands is nothing short of AMAZING - check out We came as Romans, Of mice and men, Woe is me, Attack, attack and I think there are others wink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:48 AM