Gearbox / Pod X3 Live Question
Maximus
Apr 21 2008, 06:07 AM
GMC:er
I just downloaded Gearbox for use with my Pod X3 Live and I am blown away by the versatility this adds to the hardware. I am now wondering how or if I can tweak prerecorded guitar tracks with this software? I am currently using the X3 & Reaper. I read somewhere that you can take dry tracks and adjust them with Gearbox but I am clueless at the moment. Any help would be appreciated.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic
Amps: Crate GX 1600 1/2 Stack, Line 6 Spider 2, Vintage Kustom Tube Head
Effects: Line 6 POD X3 Live, Line 6 PocketPod
Misc: Line 6 FBV Express Foot Switch/Volume/Wah-Wah Pedal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 21 2008, 01:09 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Yes, you can do this - at a price.

There are 2 parts to Gearbox - first there is the control panel that lets you setup and control patches, load and save them etc.

Then there is the Gerabox VST plugin - this is an effect that sits in Reaper or any other DAW that supports VST, and basically gives you pod functionality in Reaper, operating on a clean version of the guitar, meaning you can change effects and parameters after you have recorded.

They are bundled together so if you have one you have both. Problem is, although the control panel part is free, the VST part is not, it is actually pretty pricey. You can get it slightly cheaper if you have a Pod, but you have to pay to activate it.

It is however, realy very good to be able to recreate your exact pod sounds in a recording environment, and tweak them after you have recorded them, so if you are serious about recording and willing to pay the price it is worth it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Maximus
Apr 21 2008, 02:25 PM
GMC:er
Thank you Andrew. I thought there had to be a way. I will look into making yet another purchase. This guitar thing has a very persistent way of lightening my wallet.

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic
Amps: Crate GX 1600 1/2 Stack, Line 6 Spider 2, Vintage Kustom Tube Head
Effects: Line 6 POD X3 Live, Line 6 PocketPod
Misc: Line 6 FBV Express Foot Switch/Volume/Wah-Wah Pedal

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 21 2008, 03:14 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Tell me about it sad.gif

But its fun though smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 21 2008, 04:34 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Apr 21 2008, 02:09 PM) *
Then there is the Gerabox VST plugin - this is an effect that sits in Reaper or any other DAW that supports VST, and basically gives you pod functionality in Reaper, operating on a clean version of the guitar, meaning you can change effects and parameters after you have recorded.

Finally I get to understand what the famous gearbox plugin is for!!, nice, but expensive.
Thanks Andrew wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:33 AM