> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

British Metal 4: The Black Metal Video Collab
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 18 2013, 04:43 PM
Instructor
Hello GMCers!! I think that GMC is ready for "The Black Metal Collab". This collab is only able for those players which like darkness and cannot sleep at night...

The backing is inspired by the black metal pioneers Venom.

Download it from here: Attached File  British_Metal_4_backing.mp3 ( 1.54MB ) Number of downloads: 372

The key is F#m and the tempo is 140 bpm. You will notice that the overall mix sounds very low fi, trying to imitate black metal sound. Feel free to experiment with your guitar tone over this one!

DEADLINE: April 4th

WHO IS IN???

PS: This collab will be dedicated to our great Argentinean metal guru and old friend Lian Gerbino who provided some of the most killer extreme metal lessons ever at the site!

Important Info:
This is a "video" collab, so I will need audio & video from you. You should be sending exactly these 3 files:
Audio File 1: This file must be a mix of your solo and the backing track.
Audio File 2: This file must be only your guitar solo (no backing)
Video File: Video of you playing the solo. (audo isn't important in this one, it can be the one that the camera captures)
How to send the files? The best way for me is using "Wetransfer.com" and sending the files to [email protected]
Let me know if you have any other question about how to participate!

About the style:
This backing was inspired by Venom, that's why I included it in our British Metal collab series. Venom is considered part of the new wave of British Heavy Metal because they appeared at the same time and place than bands like Iron Maiden, Saxon and many others, but they were more extreme than those bands, and influenced and gave the name to the sub-genre Black Metal.

Check this extract from Wikipedia:
"Venom are an English heavy metal band that formed in 1979 in Newcastle upon Tyne.[1] Coming to prominence towards the end of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal, Venom's first two albums—Welcome to Hell (1981) and Black Metal (1982)—are considered a major influence on thrash metal and extreme metal in general.[1] Venom's second album proved influential enough that its title was used as the name of an extreme metal subgenre: black metal."

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Mar 18 2013, 05:20 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Rated Htr
Mar 18 2013, 04:58 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Sounds like fun, count me in smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 18 2013, 05:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Mar 18 2013, 12:58 PM) *
Sounds like fun, count me in smile.gif

Great! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 18 2013, 05:21 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
YOU PROMISED A JUSTIN BIEBER COLLAB!

Be prepared for a very un-black-metalish video.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Jouve
Mar 18 2013, 05:23 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey! That sounds crazy. I'll try to do my best without setting on fire any churches wink.gif

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Mar 18 2013, 07:07 PM
GMC:er
So you throw this one out AFTER I converted my sacrificial chamber into a nursery.... I'll have to see what I can do, the wife is gonna be p155ed off now! That chicken blood was hard to scrub out of the carpet the first time around.... mad.gif

lol

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Mar 18 2013, 08:38 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
When i listen to this DAAARK backing i feel like i am walking through my home village at 0.00 o clock hunting the evil around

there mad.gif

So i must record something to let my anger out !

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Mar 18 2013, 10:01 PM
Here a bit first playing around to find amp settings and kind of my melody and tone ........ laugh.gif

no worry i will do work a bit more on it dry.gif

https://soundcloud.com/dieterleguitar/britis-metall-darkquick-tryout

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Mar 19 2013, 06:43 AM
Here's my first idea, and like always probably my last... something to do with being lazy I believe... Anyhow, not real happy with parts of it toward the end, but see wot y'all think....? I didn't have enough livestock to sacrifice to keep it going so it kinda drops off.... Got any melodic collabs? wink.gif

https://soundcloud.com/mroberts70/british-metal-4-roberts

I think you found your path here big D.... I could see where you are headed with this... keep it going cause you got this!!! cool.gif

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Mar 18 2013, 04:01 PM) *
Here a bit first playing around to find amp settings and kind of my melody and tone ........ laugh.gif

This post has been edited by mroberts70: Mar 19 2013, 06:42 AM

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Mar 19 2013, 07:29 AM
Hey Good Morning ( in germany ) !

Mroberts you record is fine and fits well into the Dark Atmosphere we are walking through biggrin.gif

Together !

Dieter

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 19 2013, 03:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Mar 18 2013, 01:21 PM) *
YOU PROMISED A JUSTIN BIEBER COLLAB!

Be prepared for a very un-black-metalish video.

hahaha ok! I'm ready. Are you going to use Bieber hair style for the video? laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jouve @ Mar 18 2013, 01:23 PM) *
Hey! That sounds crazy. I'll try to do my best without setting on fire any churches wink.gif

heheh great! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Mar 18 2013, 03:07 PM) *
So you throw this one out AFTER I converted my sacrificial chamber into a nursery.... I'll have to see what I can do, the wife is gonna be p155ed off now! That chicken blood was hard to scrub out of the carpet the first time around.... mad.gif

lol

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Mar 18 2013, 04:38 PM) *
When i listen to this DAAARK backing i feel like i am walking through my home village at 0.00 o clock hunting the evil around

there mad.gif

So i must record something to let my anger out !

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Mar 18 2013, 06:01 PM) *

That's evil playing man! ohmy.gif

QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Mar 19 2013, 02:43 AM) *
Here's my first idea, and like always probably my last... something to do with being lazy I believe... Anyhow, not real happy with parts of it toward the end, but see wot y'all think....? I didn't have enough livestock to sacrifice to keep it going so it kinda drops off.... Got any melodic collabs? wink.gif

https://soundcloud.com/mroberts70/british-metal-4-roberts

I think you found your path here big D.... I could see where you are headed with this... keep it going cause you got this!!! cool.gif

Cool take Rob! Remember to post the only guitar file!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 19 2013, 04:05 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
When you have seen the video you will wish I had used Bieber's hairstyle.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 19 2013, 04:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Mar 19 2013, 12:05 PM) *
When you have seen the video you will wish I had used Bieber's hairstyle.

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Mar 19 2013, 05:22 PM
Meh... I was having a hard time getting into this one for some reason. The BT was cool, but I couldn't come up with anything that I really liked, so I just got it out of the way...

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 19 2013, 09:17 AM) *
Cool take Rob! Remember to post the only guitar file!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 20 2013, 05:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Mar 19 2013, 01:22 PM) *
Meh... I was having a hard time getting into this one for some reason. The BT was cool, but I couldn't come up with anything that I really liked, so I just got it out of the way...

I don't understand.. aren't you going to participate? blink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Mar 20 2013, 07:18 PM
Yes, I'll participate but just not real happy with this take. I usually try to make the collabs....even the ones I'm not real comfortable doing just to push my ability and try to learn the style that the collab is based around.

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 20 2013, 09:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Mar 20 2013, 03:18 PM) *
Yes, I'll participate but just not real happy with this take. I usually try to make the collabs....even the ones I'm not real comfortable doing just to push my ability and try to learn the style that the collab is based around.

ahh ok! Thanks for clarifying! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Mar 22 2013, 08:58 PM
OK here some record cool.gif

https://soundcloud.com/dieterleguitar/with-backing-gabriel

https://soundcloud.com/dieterleguitar/ohne-back-gabriel

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 22 2013, 09:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Mar 22 2013, 04:58 PM) *

Cool video and take mate! It's cool to see you extreme metal side. Thank you! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 23 2013, 11:55 PM
I first saw Venom in 1984 at Hammersmith Odeon!!! (I still have the T-shirt!!!)
I'll see if I can find the T-shirt for the video!!! biggrin.gif
I suppose I'd better do a take to commemorate the memory!!!!
cool.gif

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Mar 24 2013, 01:44 AM

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 11:53 AM