4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Fire & Flames, Dragonforce
Rapitap
Mar 25 2009, 10:56 AM
GMC:er
I really enjoy playing GitarHero III (and World Tour), a lot. I'm proud to have the highest score between my boyfriend and I *woohoo* We have had several nights with beer and annoying our neighbours to extent. *hehe* Oh, it was also escpesially fun to have a prelude-GH-party-thingy and then just walk to the outdoor concert that Metallica had in 2008.
biggrin.gif
Anyhow- Yes, my question to you talented guys at GMC:
Can anyone of you play Fire & Flames on your guitar?
I think I have seen Kristofer Dahl doing some of that...or did I dream it?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Rapitap: Mar 25 2009, 06:01 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Mar 25 2009, 11:02 AM
You mean Dragonforce - Through the fire and flames? Emir, Zsolt, Muris surely can and few others i think:)
In my opinion they overuse effects too much.. sounds like a synth not guitar..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by AlexLion: Mar 25 2009, 11:04 AM

+Quote Post
Rapitap
Mar 25 2009, 11:09 AM
Wow! *kneel to the gods*

Do you know if they have made any videorecordings?
I would love to see it
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (AlexLion @ Mar 25 2009, 11:02 AM) *
In my opinion they overuse effects too much.. sounds like a synth not guitar..

They are pretty frantic at work those Dragonforceguys. I thought "Through Fire & Flames" was a joke the first time I heard it.
CRAZY!

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Mar 25 2009, 11:10 AM
Well i don`t think so, i just said that they skill level is enough to handle it smile.gif Well maybe you can ask a lesson in style of this:)
Point is that without effect those solos isn`t that sick smile.gif I don`t heard that Herman Li played something on 170bmp with 16th triplets like Muris does biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by AlexLion: Mar 25 2009, 11:13 AM

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Mar 25 2009, 11:12 AM
Learning Tone Guru
seems you havent seen too many guitar gods then:) Dragonforce are NOT that hard. Yes, they are fast, but those players are not that godlike. They are good, but there are better.

Their music is heavily processed by recording software - if you chech out their older live shows, you'll see they messup all the time:)

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Rapitap
Mar 25 2009, 11:18 AM
QUOTE (AlexLion @ Mar 25 2009, 11:10 AM) *
Well maybe you can ask a lesson in style of this:)

Eh...*hahaha*...I wish. I could't handle it.
But - hey: if some other members could try it - bring it on!
*woohoo*

QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Mar 25 2009, 11:12 AM) *
seems you havent seen too many guitar gods then:)
Their music is heavily processed by recording software - if you chech out their older live shows, you'll see they messup all the time:)

Sorry about my bad phrasing: *kneel to OUR GMC gods* I should of said.....thinking that our instructors here can play anything we throw at them! That really impresses me.

Yeah, I'm sure they'll mess up...If I'm not mistaken its about 1500 notehits in that song/tune.
blink.gif
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Mar 25 2009, 11:12 AM) *
Dragonforce are NOT that hard.

I'll just make a note to self on that one.

This post has been edited by Rapitap: Mar 25 2009, 11:19 AM

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Mar 25 2009, 11:22 AM
Practise much and one day you might kick Dragonforce asses! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Rapitap
Mar 25 2009, 11:25 AM
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif hahaha, that would be awesome!

This post has been edited by Rapitap: Mar 25 2009, 11:25 AM

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Mar 25 2009, 03:27 PM
Pretty easy song. took my about a week to get the whole thing. then i promptly practiced a song that actually has musical merit. dragonforce REALLY isn't anything special or hard.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Mar 25 2009, 04:06 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Mar 25 2009, 03:27 PM) *
Pretty easy song. took my about a week to get the whole thing. then i promptly practiced a song that actually has musical merit. dragonforce REALLY isn't anything special or hard.

I don't really know how that song is from beginning to the end, but I'm pretty sure the studio version has got some tricky sweeps etc. I know I quoted you but this is directed to everybody who says their songs are so easy to play, please upload you playing the studio versions perfectly, I'd love to see that. Sure they mess up live, but that doesn't mean the songs aren't tricky to pull off if you play them well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrk
Mar 25 2009, 04:34 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Mar 25 2009, 03:27 PM) *
Pretty easy song....

... huh.gif ... i give up !! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Mar 25 2009, 04:55 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Mar 25 2009, 04:27 PM) *

With all sweeps and tapping on ~180 bpm? smile.gif Got any recording?

And come on guys stop telling they are noobs, i don`t like them too, but they need to be respected at least for speed and accuracy smile.gif

+Quote Post
Chokehold
Mar 25 2009, 05:06 PM
I just looked at the guitar pro tab at ultimate-guitar, and i'm now really sure that he could have played it in a week.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Hellraiser C-7, Epiphone SG, Some old fake Strat, and an acoustic of unknown brand.
Amp: Marshall MG 30DFX.

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Mar 25 2009, 05:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (AlexLion @ Mar 25 2009, 12:55 PM) *
With all sweeps and tapping on ~180 bpm? smile.gif Got any recording?

And come on guys stop telling they are noobs, i don`t like them too, but they need to be respected at least for speed and accuracy smile.gif

+1 Dragonforce may be overrated but they do have at very least excellent technique. I wouldn't call them the greatest shredders to ever exist but that doesn't mean they aren't incredible guitar players.

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Rogue Electric Acoustic (CHEAP lol)

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 25 2009, 05:15 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
They are good I will admit but live....they sucks. They practice for the albums and get everything right and then they just go out and drink or at least from what I hear. They are too over rated to me even though I do have them on my ipod. I liked the song before it was on guitar hero because you didnt hear "Through the Fire and Flames" every second of your life.

They are a good band but they arent like gods. Paul Guilbert= GOD, Buckethead=GOD, Dragonforce= the annoying overrated over played people that can play extremly fast but arent impressive in person and have really nice guitars and alot of money and overdo there effect.

By the way sorry if this post sounded rude it wasnt suppose to it just gets annoying how people think that Dragonforce gets called a god by the world but players like Mr. Guilbert never get the credit that they deserve by the world.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Rapitap
Mar 25 2009, 05:17 PM
I saw them in a video on YouTube and my jaw dropped. They seem spastic, frantic and insane..or on speed.
The notes are RIDICULOUS hard to hit in GitarHero though, someone tried?
Back to the band: the two guys seem to have a unique dynamic and if one of them leaves the band I have a feeling Dragonforce wouldnt produce the same type of music anymore, at least not the same sound.

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 25 2009, 05:19 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Rapitap @ Mar 25 2009, 11:17 AM) *
I saw them in a video on YouTube and my jaw dropped. They seem spastic, frantic and insane..or on speed.
Back to the band: the two guys seem to have a unique dynamic and if one of them leaves the band I have a feeling Dragonforce wouldnt produce the same type of music anymore, at least not the same sound.

Honestly they wouldnt produce at all. If Herman Li left the band then Sam Totman wouldnt be able to do it alone. Alot of there stuff takes two guitarists to pull of their songs. Totman wouldnt be able to play stuff like that by himself. I would think it would be awkward to replace one of them with another guitarist also....

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Mar 25 2009, 05:31 PM
QUOTE (Rapitap @ Mar 25 2009, 06:17 PM) *

I don`t tried, but trust me that hitting note with your pinky on 19 fret while your index finger is on 10 is even harder laugh.gif Guitar hero don`t make you play better, but i think it`s a fun game, i love to try that. cool.gif

This post has been edited by AlexLion: Mar 25 2009, 05:32 PM

+Quote Post
Rapitap
Mar 25 2009, 05:51 PM
QUOTE (AlexLion @ Mar 25 2009, 05:31 PM) *
..., but trust me that hitting note with your pinky on 19 fret while your index finger is on 10 is even harder laugh.gif

When I stretch out as you describe above I reach the 15th fret...

This post has been edited by Rapitap: Mar 25 2009, 05:53 PM

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Mar 25 2009, 05:58 PM
QUOTE (Rapitap @ Mar 25 2009, 06:51 PM) *
When I stretch out as you describe above I reach the 15th fret...

15 ? no way.. mellow.gif do a proper warm up always before playing and sure you will do better!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:26 AM