> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Neoclassical Solo For Beginners, Lesson By Emir Hot
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 2 ] ** [100.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 2

SpiritCrusher
May 30 2014, 11:15 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Neoclassical Solo For Beginners by Emir Hot

Sorry for the poor quality of the backing track, but my mic is very bad.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 30 2014, 04:24 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, congrats on your first REC take! It's great to see you already posting here. There are many important thing to comment about this take that I'm sure will help you to start improving your playing and setting your next guitar goals.

The first thing that I will comment is the audio quality. You said that your mic is not good, I think that you will be able to improve your sound for these videos without any investment. You could connect your guitar directly to your computer and use a multitrack software to mix your playing with the backing track. If you don't use a Pod Line 6 or something like that that emulates guitar amps, you can go for a free vst amp emulator.

Please check out this video and contact me if you need help:

The second important thing to fix on this lesson is your guitar's tuning. It's not perfectly tuned, and the most important problem is your second string which is very out of tune, and it becomes even worse when you go to the higher frets. The reason of this can be that your strings are very old or maybe your guitar needs to be calibrated. You definitely must fix this because it's fundamental to practice with a well tuned instrument.

Regarding your playing, I can say that you have a very good timing and that the things that you should work for this one are vibrato and bending. These two techniques are weak yet, your vibrato is not consistent, it's very soft, and your bending is not precise, you don't reach the correct pitch most of the times. I recommend you to work on this lessons:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey-5/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...String-Bending/

Ok mate, once again, congrats on your first video for REC. I hope that these comments really help you. Feel free to contact me to start working together to improve the things that I comments.

Cheers!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 1 2014, 02:00 PM
Instructor
Hey mate,

I think Gabriel pointed out all the important details needed to improve the take. Now, it's a great thing that you have entered the REC zone and step by step, if you follow our suggestions, you will become better and better smile.gif Let me know if you received my PM about the mentoring program smile.gif

All the best and keep rocking!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Marius Pop
Jun 3 2014, 03:23 PM
Instructor
Congrats for your take, man! Be sure to check out Gabriel's tips as he reached all of the important aspects that you should take a closer look to. Keep having fun continue recording - it's the best way of documenting and analyzing your progress! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 4 2014, 10:16 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Closing this one without the final grade as the sound is not clear enough for objective grading.

Please try to work on your audio recording setup.
Ideally, you would have the guitar recorded in your DAW (audio recording software) against a backing track so that you can mix it together and use a video editing software to put together audio and video. If you don't have a setup to record audio in this way, you could maybe try using your phone camera to capture the audio both from the speakers (backing track) and the guitar amp. You'd need to experiment with the volume levels a bit to find the mix which allows instructors to hear both your play and the backing track.

Please feel free to open a new topic about this in the "PRACTICE ROOM" and I'll be glad to help you out setting up for recording guitar videos.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:47 PM