5 Books That Will Change The Way You Play Guitar
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 22 2017, 10:25 PM
Instructor
Hello friends!

I've found a cool article by THIS guy, about 5 great books for guitarists. I can say that 4 of them are at least at my top 10, if now my top 5. There is one that I didn't know (number 4), which I would replace with Creative Guitar by Guthrie Govan.

1. "The Music Lesson: A Spiritual Search for Growth Through Music" by Victor Wooten

From Grammy-winning musical icon and legendary bassist Victor L. Wooten comes "The Music Lesson," the story of a struggling young musician who wanted music to be his life, and who wanted his life to be great. Then, from nowhere it seemed, a teacher arrived. Part musical genius, part philosopher, part eccentric wise man, the teacher would guide the young musician on a spiritual journey, and teach him that the gifts we get from music mirror those from life, and every movement, phrase, and chord has its own meaning… All you have to do is find the song inside.

2. "Zen Guitar" by Philip Toshio

Unleash the song of your soul with "Zen Guitar," a contemplative handbook that draws on ancient Eastern wisdom and applies it to music and performance.

3. "Effortless Mastery: Liberating the Master Musician Within" by Kenny Werner

"Liberating the Master Musician Within" is a book for any musician who finds themselves having reached a plateau in their development. Werner, a masterful jazz pianist in his own right, uses his own life story and experiences to explore the barriers to creativity and mastery of music, and in the process reveals that "Mastery is available to everyone," providing practical, detailed ways to move towards greater confidence and proficiency in any endeavor.

4. "Passionate Practice" by Margret Elson

"Relax your shoulders." "Let go of tension." "Look at the music." "Don't look at the music." "Look at the keyboard." "Don't look at the keyboard." "Listen to the music." "Don't think, just play." Every music student has heard such suggestions, and they all hold some truth. But the challenge is: how? This book is a gentle, progressive guide in exactly how to relax, focus, listen, and feel the music and how to harness them to work together, automatically and simultaneously.

5. "Steve Vai's Guitar Workout"

In this book, Steve Vai reveals his path to virtuoso enlightenment with two challenging guitar workouts one 10-hour and one 30-hour which include scale and chord exercises, ear training, sight-reading, music theory, and much more.

What do you think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HaveGuitar
Jun 23 2017, 05:52 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 22 2017, 09:25 PM) *
Hello friends!

I've found a cool article by THIS guy, about 5 great books for guitarists. I can say that 4 of them are at least at my top 10, if now my top 5. There is one that I didn't know (number 4), which I would replace with Creative Guitar by Guthrie Govan.

1. "The Music Lesson: A Spiritual Search for Growth Through Music" by Victor Wooten

From Grammy-winning musical icon and legendary bassist Victor L. Wooten comes "The Music Lesson," the story of a struggling young musician who wanted music to be his life, and who wanted his life to be great. Then, from nowhere it seemed, a teacher arrived. Part musical genius, part philosopher, part eccentric wise man, the teacher would guide the young musician on a spiritual journey, and teach him that the gifts we get from music mirror those from life, and every movement, phrase, and chord has its own meaning… All you have to do is find the song inside.

2. "Zen Guitar" by Philip Toshio

Unleash the song of your soul with "Zen Guitar," a contemplative handbook that draws on ancient Eastern wisdom and applies it to music and performance.

3. "Effortless Mastery: Liberating the Master Musician Within" by Kenny Werner

"Liberating the Master Musician Within" is a book for any musician who finds themselves having reached a plateau in their development. Werner, a masterful jazz pianist in his own right, uses his own life story and experiences to explore the barriers to creativity and mastery of music, and in the process reveals that "Mastery is available to everyone," providing practical, detailed ways to move towards greater confidence and proficiency in any endeavor.

4. "Passionate Practice" by Margret Elson

"Relax your shoulders." "Let go of tension." "Look at the music." "Don't look at the music." "Look at the keyboard." "Don't look at the keyboard." "Listen to the music." "Don't think, just play." Every music student has heard such suggestions, and they all hold some truth. But the challenge is: how? This book is a gentle, progressive guide in exactly how to relax, focus, listen, and feel the music and how to harness them to work together, automatically and simultaneously.

5. "Steve Vai's Guitar Workout"

In this book, Steve Vai reveals his path to virtuoso enlightenment with two challenging guitar workouts one 10-hour and one 30-hour which include scale and chord exercises, ear training, sight-reading, music theory, and much more.

What do you think?

I think it sounds interesting, might get a couple of those books (or maybe all of them) as I really need to practise both theory and technique! Good tips on the books so thanks!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 23 2017, 04:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HaveGuitar @ Jun 23 2017, 01:52 AM) *
I think it sounds interesting, might get a couple of those books (or maybe all of them) as I really need to practise both theory and technique! Good tips on the books so thanks!

Go for them! You won't regret it!!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:32 AM