Free Pro Video Editing Software
Todd Simpson
May 27 2019, 05:51 AM
GMC:er
If you are still using something awful like windows media maker I"ve got good news. AVID (the software pros use to edit video) has a FREE version. WINDOWS based or Mac based. Free, free, as in Free smile.gif They finally figured out that having a free version is a good idea. It used to cost thousands of dollars and require additional hardware just to run. Now anyone with a computer can run the same kit the pros use.

Here is a "Getting Started" vid. So there ya go, free Video Editing Software and your first training vid. Go!!!! smile.gif

and a quick vid on importing.

Now that Adobe is charging MONTHLY for the priv of using Premiere, and Apple has ruined Final Cut Pro by putting training wheels on it, I'm looking at making the switch to AVID myself. Avid is what pros still use. They don't use Vegas, they certainly don't use windows movie maker, and fewer and fewer are using final cut and premiere for various reasons. I thought AVID was going to be replaced by FINAL cut, and it was starting to be for a while, but not anymore.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 27 2019, 05:58 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Phil66
Jun 3 2019, 11:28 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I don't have the physical iLok just the software one, I might uninstall the lot and start again as there are bits from a few years ago on there, maybe some update mismatch?

Cheers

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jun 5 2019, 02:35 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 3 2019, 11:28 AM) *
I don't have the physical iLok just the software one, I might uninstall the lot and start again as there are bits from a few years ago on there, maybe some update mismatch?

Cheers

you could try this one https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 5 2019, 04:46 AM
GMC:er
I like resolve smile.gif Sadly it's even more complicated than media composer as it's not really a non linear editor, it's really a color correction suite. I shared it on GMC when they first released it as free. Sadly, the hardware requirements are a bit stiff and at least once GMCer sorta bricked her laptop briefly.

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jun 4 2019, 09:35 PM) *

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Todd Simpson   Free Pro Video Editing Software   May 27 2019, 05:51 AM
- - Adam   QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 27 2019, 05:51 ...   May 27 2019, 08:26 AM
|- - Todd Simpson   It's a HUGE upgrade from Movie Maker It's...   May 27 2019, 11:35 PM
nnn
- - Phil66   Thanks Todd, I use Movie Maker, to be honest it...   May 27 2019, 08:21 PM
- - Phil66   It worked the second time but I didn't get the...   May 28 2019, 08:30 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   Glad it worked! Give it a whirl QUOTE (Phil...   May 29 2019, 12:51 AM
nnn
- - Adam   I'm bad at programs, websites and platforms th...   May 29 2019, 12:02 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   The good news is that AVID will remember your pass...   May 29 2019, 07:46 PM
|- - Adam   QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 29 2019, 07:46 ...   May 30 2019, 03:07 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   In your previous post you mentioned that you can n...   May 30 2019, 09:51 PM
nnn
nnn
nnn
- - Phil66   I couldn't open it, it kept on saying somethin...   May 30 2019, 11:22 AM
- - Phil66   Total ball ache, I have iLock, I have Avid Link, M...   Jun 2 2019, 08:11 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   Egad dude. Sounds like your having all kinds of tr...   Jun 2 2019, 10:29 PM
nnn
|- - Todd Simpson   Yeah, run windows update, uninstall ilok and avid ...   Jun 4 2019, 03:46 AM
nnn
nnn
- - Adam   It's okay but I'm more comfortable with Mo...   Jun 4 2019, 11:15 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:13 AM