My Attempt On The Blues Soloing Lesson
Crazy_Diamond
Mar 5 2009, 06:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Ivan,

I have practice the blues soloing for beginner lesson and I have recorded it.

This what I have recorded, and I would like to hear your comments.

Attached File  _Blues_solo.mp3 ( 652.57K ) Number of downloads: 351

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sted
Mar 5 2009, 08:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
Good take mate!

Cool blues tones as well!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Mar 5 2009, 08:18 PM
GMC:er
I liked it. Although try to listen to the original, to get the right feel and rhythm smile.gif

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Mar 5 2009, 08:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks guys...

I know the rytm isn't perfect, I have alot of problem jamming with the backing track. I am going to practice this lesson to get it right with the rythm..

And I am really happy that someone has made a good comment on my tone because for me 85% of the tone come from the guitarist hands cool.gif. The other 25% belong to a Fender Stratocaster

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Mar 5 2009, 09:17 PM
Instructor
Hi Crazy_Diamond !

You're on the good way wink.gif
Keep practicing to get the blues triplet feel and the right pitch on string bending.

QUOTE (Crazy_Diamond @ Mar 5 2009, 08:56 PM) *
Thanks guys...

And I am really happy that someone has made a good comment on my tone because for me 85% of the tone come from the guitarist hands cool.gif. The other 25% belong to a Fender Stratocaster

You're totally right.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Mar 5 2009, 09:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
Merci Stéphane,

Tu connais un bon exercice pour améliorer l'exactitude de mes bends?

And for the other folks, what could I practice to improve my bending pitch?

Thanks

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Mar 5 2009, 09:54 PM
Instructor
A good exercice is to play one note (withtout bending), go a semi below play the note and bend the string
until you reach the pitch of the previous one. Do the same with a whole tone.
You could practice these exercices on the 3 high string cause doesn't requires the same strengh.

(J'espère que mon anglais est compréhensible et que cela t'aidera. N'hésites pas si tu as d'autres questions.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Mar 5 2009, 11:26 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks Stephan,

I already knew this exercise but I wasn't really practicing it, I will start praticing for real now.

(Ton anglais est compréhensible, ne t'inquiète pas)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 6 2009, 01:49 PM
Instructor
I think it's great mate, very good sound, very similar to what I had in the lesson, nice and clean, and cool playing! I would advise 3 things to focus on:

1. Rhythm feel: This track has the swing/shuffle feel, where you are following the eight note triplets. I advise you focus more on staying within the blues groove. This can be done by following the track, or practicing to play over triplet feel backing tracks or beats.

2. Bending/vibrato: More control is always something that we can all work on, so I think you would really benefit a lot from focusing more of your practicing session time to work on bends and vibrato. In my sense, this could give even greater balance to your playing.

3. Tuning in: It seems to me (I don't know if you have that feeling as well), that your B string is a bit down the pitch. When recording it is always a good idea to carefully tune the guitar. In studio, when recording, guitar players tune their guitars every time the recording stops. This ensures that the audio will be in tune as possible. So I advise you create a habit of doing this immediately before every take.

These were my suggestions, I think you did awesome job, and all the notes came out very nice! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask! smile.gif

cheers,
Ivan

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Mar 6 2009, 10:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks for the tips Ivan, and you're right on my b string it doen't stay tune I think the string is slipping at the top. I should have put the string myself cause I usually lock them while I'm thigthening them.

Allright for now on I'll work on my bend and vibrato and for the timing I'm going to listen to the original solo.

Anyway thanks

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 6 2009, 11:12 PM
Instructor
Great man! Keep rockin, and ask if you need anything else, I'll be glad to help.

cheers,
Ivan

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:41 PM