2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Gmc Video Chat, Ultra neat feature
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 13 2009, 12:28 PM
GMC Founder
...after two successful open test chats, this ultra neat feature deserves a topic of its' own!

We do now have a feature which we call VIDEO CHAT - which basically means that an instructor (or any other deserving person) can hold a live video clinic, and students can interact with this person through text chat.

The idea is to use this feature for live 101 lessons, shows, and possibly also other kind of clinics.

Al though the feature seems to be working well for most part - we haven't yet set up a structure for allowing any GMC instructor to hold a video chats. Before we do this I will try to spend as much time in the video chat as possible to get feedback and understanding for what people want, and what works and what doesn't.

When we are done with evaluating the video chat I hope to be able to continue doing my own video chats regularly - the test chats we have had so far have been some of the most enjoyable lessons I have done so far! Getting direct feedback on the lesson is very rewarding.

* So far the only way to get to a video chat - is by looking out for forum topic that says "Kris in Video Chat" (or similar).

* Upon request, we have removed the gmc logo/watermark which occasionally hid my guitar's fretboard quite a bit.

* I have had one test chat with the mods/seniors and two open chats. Lots of members were present in the two open chats, and I have had particularly memorable video chat interation with Jafomatic, ESJ, Ryan, Matt23, Vasilije, Tolek, Neurologi, Sollesness, Caelumamittendum, Ivan Milenkovic, David Wallimann, Muntahunta, Bondy, Jesse, Jollygreengiant1, Dark_dude, Bogdan, vampire18, Twist, UncelSkillet. I hope to expand this list in the upcoming weeks! biggrin.gif

Here you can see a screenshot of one of the test sessions!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jesse
Sep 13 2009, 12:30 PM
GMC:er
Nice:D

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 13 2009, 12:33 PM
Instructor
Excellent new feature. I hope instructors will be able to use this one in future after test period is finished !

--------------------

+Quote Post
sted
Sep 13 2009, 12:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
Nice! will you be demoing any new dances on there Kris? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Wabba
Sep 13 2009, 12:37 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Cool! smile.gif When is the next video chat sessino?

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 13 2009, 12:42 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Ah this is a cool new feature! smile.gif Video was so smooth and fast, it really looked good! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
loundzilla
Sep 13 2009, 12:44 PM
Awesome addition man!

--------------------
When I look in the mirror I see a face-melting guitar shredder.... maybe my mirror tells the future?
Download the GMC Guitar Theory Grimoire Here!

Guitars
Ibanez RGA42 (EMG 81/85 pickups)
Takemine G series electro acoustic

Equipment
Line 6 spider 3 75 amp
Line 6 POD studio UX2

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 13 2009, 12:54 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (sted @ Sep 13 2009, 01:37 PM) *
Nice! will you be demoing any new dances on there Kris? laugh.gif

Well I already showed some moves in one of the sessions - also I "forwarded" a dance illustration Andrew showed me a while back ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Wabba @ Sep 13 2009, 01:37 PM) *
Cool! smile.gif When is the next video chat sessino?

Maybe later today - I will try to announce the next session a couple of hours in advance.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bondy
Sep 13 2009, 01:01 PM
Learning Roadie
I really enjoyed the video chat session had alot of fun smile.gif this is a brilliant new feature

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Wabba
Sep 13 2009, 01:12 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 13 2009, 12:54 PM) *
Maybe later today - I will try to announce the next session a couple of hours in advance.

I'll try to be there smile.gif

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Sep 13 2009, 01:28 PM
Learning Roadie
im hoping some kind of plot to the next video chat is involved, make a GMC Live Movie tongue.gif you can shred your way to rescuing a damsel in distress!!!

... or not

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 13 2009, 01:40 PM
Instructor
Sounds great. I will do live lessons for sure.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 13 2009, 01:57 PM
Instructor
Yaay! smile.gif

The video chat will be a great feature, I'm very happy to see it working on GMC, what an upgrade it will be smile.gif

I hope many instructors will be able to use it as well, it would be awesome to see all the instructors live, whole new dimension of communication. biggrin.gif

Kris gave a great video session the other day, it was a real treat to watch the video chat. I hope there will be more soon! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 13 2009, 02:27 PM
Instructor
Amazing feature, GMC shall benefit a lot from it! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 13 2009, 03:05 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
I love this feature, it really makes for a more personable experience. Can't wait until it's available for all Instructors to take advantage of. Great work with this Kris! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Sep 13 2009, 04:29 PM
i was part of the first test....let me say, this is going to change a lot for us! in a big way! i cant believe the sound quality and video quality we got! I cant wait so see and hear live lessons!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Neurologi
Sep 13 2009, 05:23 PM
Given bandwidth limitations it is fair enough that members won't be able to participate in the "full" video conference experience but what of the possibility where members could join in via "audio only"????

I find text rather limiting and valid points can easily be missed as it scrolls off the edge of the buffer into oblivion. It is rather distracting to try and watch and listen as one types or even reads. At least I find it is not possible to devote the proper attention that it deserves as one does so. Besides, the instructor themselves has to divide their attention between explaining things in a proper way while demonstrating techniques etc. and trying to keep up with the flow of text that can quite often be quite all over the place.

A lot more bases can be covered in shorter time if "audio" were an option. Audio doesn't require nearly as much bandwidth as does video/audio for the compression algorithms are well-known and work remarkably well.

That is not to say I don't find the experience enjoyable and rewarding. Quite the contrary. It is a phenomenal addition to the GMC experience as it now stands. I just feel it could be even better.

--------------------
My gear? Mesa Boogie Triaxis - TC Electronic G-Major - Marshall 9200 Dual MonoBloc (2x100W) - Fender Roc Pro 4x12 (300W) + a whole lot more!

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Sep 14 2009, 05:18 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Wow, this is a really cool feature smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 14 2009, 05:25 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Great feature, plust it works really well too. Looking forward to more "Video meetings" smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Sep 15 2009, 06:02 PM
Instructor
wow, this is awesome!!! great feature!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:26 AM