Most Fast Guitar Player Ever, 33 notes per second
shellshock1911
Jun 10 2007, 04:15 AM
GMC:er
check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPCFNB79wo0...ted&search=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l31qrUl0s2w...ted&search=

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 10 2007, 04:31 AM
Learning Roadie
He's pretty fast. But I don't like him tongue.gif Why do people who are capable of playing extremely fast often fall prey to the feeling of "well, I can play this fast, so I HAVE to play this fast, all the time."? ESPECIALLY if they list like blues or something as an inspiration.

I'm not naming names, and I think a lot of shredders are great, I'm not saying they aren't tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by JVM: Jun 10 2007, 04:32 AM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Jun 10 2007, 04:40 AM
yea I personally don't really like him and his music sounds like a video game but it's still amazing how fast he sweeps

--------------------

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Jun 10 2007, 04:45 AM
Actually, probably not... Francesco Fareri - 18 nps (...of uncoordinated, inaccurate, arm vibration alternate-picking on 1 string). His sweeps might be faster, but I'm doubting they're that fast, or clean for that matter.

Yep, by chance I came across the proof:

Here is the video of Francesco playing "Suspension", the `so called` 33 nps lick is the sweep he does between 1:52 and 1:53.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l31qrUl0s2w

Here is a short audio clip of that lick :
http://www.speedyshare.com/361721267.html

Here is exactly 1 second of that (16 nps) :
http://www.speedyshare.com/774174642.html

Here is that slowed down (ver.1) (16 nps) :
http://www.speedyshare.com/284613550.html

Here is that slowed down (ver.2) (16 nps) :
http://www.speedyshare.com/797886422.html

So there you go, that "33 nps" lick is actually only around 16 nps. Now anyone can listen to that slowed down clip and check for themselves.

This post has been edited by InstruMental Case: Jun 10 2007, 05:09 AM

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jun 10 2007, 06:23 AM
QUOTE (InstruMental Case @ Jun 9 2007, 10:45 PM) *
Actually, probably not... Francesco Fareri - 18 nps (...of uncoordinated, inaccurate, arm vibration alternate-picking on 1 string). His sweeps might be faster, but I'm doubting they're that fast, or clean for that matter.

Yep, by chance I came across the proof:

Here is the video of Francesco playing "Suspension", the `so called` 33 nps lick is the sweep he does between 1:52 and 1:53.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l31qrUl0s2w

Here is a short audio clip of that lick :
http://www.speedyshare.com/361721267.html

Here is exactly 1 second of that (16 nps) :
http://www.speedyshare.com/774174642.html

Here is that slowed down (ver.1) (16 nps) :
http://www.speedyshare.com/284613550.html

Here is that slowed down (ver.2) (16 nps) :
http://www.speedyshare.com/797886422.html

So there you go, that "33 nps" lick is actually only around 16 nps. Now anyone can listen to that slowed down clip and check for themselves.

those were removed for some reason. i have a question. can he play anything that sounds real good where his notes stand out clearly? you you have any examples of that with this guy?

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 10 2007, 09:39 AM
Instructor
You may don't like him - but i wish i had technique like him! Every time i see that guy i get motivation for the next 2 months! hehe I saw him a year a go and he totaly De-motivated me because back than i couldn't play half as fast as i can now. Now he's a source of inspiration for those shred sessions.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jun 10 2007, 09:55 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jun 10 2007, 03:39 AM) *
You may don't like him - but i wish i had technique like him! Every time i see that guy i get motivation for the next 2 months! hehe I saw him a year a go and he totaly De-motivated me because back than i couldn't play half as fast as i can now. Now he's a source of inspiration for those shred sessions.

didn't say i did not like him. i might have sounded that way.

what motivated the question was this. i have come to feel (very strongly) that this type of picking involves a fundamentally different physical muscular mechanism than slower picking. i am admittedly in the development stage, but i base this on something i learned long ago.

i believe that this is done by keeping the opposing muscles both is a state of tension, and in fact the pick movement is powered by rapid fire alternately relaxing each of the opposing muscles. this is the same mechanism that i believe mandolin players use. this differs from slower picking, where the pick is pushed and pulled by the opposing muscles, but the muscles are not kept in a pretty constant state of tension.

so i think to do this type of picking, you play fast with the pick right away, and over time get your left and to catch up. you cannot do this type of picking slowly, it is a physical feature we find throughout our neuro muscular system. for example the vocal vibrato is due to this type of mechanism. there is some variation in the potential speed, it is approximately 7 or so cycles per second for the vocal chords. For this picking i think the speed may be faster, as different muscles can be involved depending on the style of the player. but fundamentally the mechanism would be the same as involved in vocal vibrato. there is a neurological function that allows us to alternately fire opposing sets of muscles rapidly.

i was wondering if this guy was skilled in the more typical type of picking, where over time you can get much faster, but never get up to this speed. it would not be possible unless you use this described muscular mechanism.

i did listen to this guy slowly, and he is more accurate than i would have felt, he does actually hit most of the notes. i consider this type of play a nice thing, but would not over do it as i feel many do with their play. if you look at classical composers, they sometimes wrote fast things, there were musicians who could play fast. but they did not over do

edit: when is said this involves a constant state of tension, i meant only with the directly involved muscles. of course one should stay as relaxed as possible, as teachers here have stated. just as a great operatic singer will have a very relaxed throat, although the vocal chord themselves are certainly in a state of tension.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Jun 10 2007, 10:19 AM

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 10 2007, 02:29 PM
I think that was really, really amazing actually. But that is NOT something I would listen to.

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jun 10 2007, 04:22 PM
Quoting Steve Vai from one of his videos I saw on youtube: "Sure, I could just shred up and down scales (shredding up and down scales) or I could do this (plays the intro to freak show excess)".
Point is it's awesome he can play scales so fast, but it's useless if he doesn't use it wisely in his music, which he doesn't.

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 10 2007, 04:32 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I think that guy does have an insane technique, and incredible talent, he just doesnt know how to use it right.

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 10 2007, 04:38 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Iluha @ Jun 10 2007, 09:22 AM) *
Quoting Steve Vai from one of his videos I saw on youtube: "Sure, I could just shred up and down scales (shredding up and down scales) or I could do this (plays the intro to freak show excess)".
Point is it's awesome he can play scales so fast, but it's useless if he doesn't use it wisely in his music, which he doesn't.

Think you could find me a link to that video?

QUOTE (Pavel @ Jun 10 2007, 02:39 AM) *

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be able to play that fast just because I know then that I could pretty much put it to use playing absolutely anything I could think of. So he is inspiring in that way, but I still don't like him tongue.gif

This post has been edited by JVM: Jun 10 2007, 04:39 PM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 10 2007, 04:47 PM
Heres that steve Vai video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FV51itmcuA

Its around 3:40 i think.

heres part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH-sEbp7mSg&NR=1

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 10 2007, 04:49 PM
Instructor
His songs suck totally but i would love to have that kind of technique to use it MY way.

Rusty Cooley picks just as fast as him but he picks different way and he make incredible stuff with Outworld and his solos are insane so this technique is very useful if you know how to use it (or to say better - have talent for composing)!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 10 2007, 04:55 PM
He does make me want to pick up my guitar and shred all day smile.gif

I supose thats the important thing about him.

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Jun 10 2007, 04:56 PM

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Jun 10 2007, 04:57 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jun 10 2007, 04:49 PM) *
His songs suck totally but i would love to have that kind of technique to use it MY way.

Rusty Cooley picks just as fast as him but he picks different way and he make incredible stuff with Outworld and his solos are insane so this technique is very useful if you know how to use it (or to say better - have talent for composing)!

yea Rusty Cooley is insanne fast too, check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97LTj-_8at0

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 10 2007, 05:02 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 10 2007, 11:47 AM) *
Heres that steve Vai video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FV51itmcuA

Its around 3:40 i think.

heres part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH-sEbp7mSg&NR=1

Great videos - and yes, that encapsulates it for me - if I had that kind of technique, I'd use it like Steve Vai. The truly great shredders really think about what the music is trying to say, not what the technique is trying to say. Technique for them is a tool, it is not the be all and end all of their playing as it is with some performers.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 10 2007, 05:14 PM
Well, I could bring up a million guitarists off youtube that are fast, but its not all about speed its also about technique, feel, and unique sense of phrasing.

That guy that you brought up has great technique. But overall his music is total sh1t

- John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 10 2007, 05:38 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 10 2007, 10:02 AM) *
Great videos - and yes, that encapsulates it for me - if I had that kind of technique, I'd use it like Steve Vai. The truly great shredders really think about what the music is trying to say, not what the technique is trying to say. Technique for them is a tool, it is not the be all and end all of their playing as it is with some performers.

Exactly smile.gif I love Vai. I think Satch beats him in terms of phrasing though.

Thanks for the videos, Uncreator.

This post has been edited by JVM: Jun 10 2007, 05:39 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Jun 10 2007, 07:12 PM
I've heard that his new CD is a big improvement musically.

+Quote Post
Ben Howell
Jun 10 2007, 08:46 PM
Jazz/Fusion Instructor
These guys technically abilty is superb, but not many of them at all seem to use in in a very musical way (satch and vai excluded).

Blend the best of both worlds and you get people like Scott Henderson and Frank Gambale smile.gif

Just my opinion.

Ben

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:09 PM