More Blues Licks Please!
Hardtail
Jun 5 2007, 12:53 AM
GMC:er
I have yet to peruse every single lesson on GMC but I came across the lesson of the day a couple days ago that had a fun blues lick. I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of more blues stuff around that difficulty level.

BTW it went something like:

---------------------------------------------
-------------11----- 8----------------------
-----8----8-----10b---10--8-----8b-8b---
--10---10---------------------10--------10

Forgive my poor tabbing but I've been having alot of fun with it and I find im developing Control, picking, bending, and speed all with that little fella. So finding more like it would be awesome!

Thanks in advance!

- Hardtail

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Beginner's Amp & Guitar Gear Guide
My Keeley Blues Driver BD-2 Review
My Line6 Flextone II Review

Guitars: Martin D-16RGT with B-Band UST & '99 Fender "Big Apple" Hardtail HH Strat
Amps: Fender Blues Junior Special Edition & Fender Studio 85 (Simultaneous... yummy)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hardtail
Jun 5 2007, 01:13 AM
OOOh! I just found one I think I can work on! biggrin.gif

It's Gabriel's "BLUES - GET THAT SHUFFLE" Lesson. Sounds great! Can't wait to start working on it later. Still post any other ideas you guys have please wink.gif

- Hardtail

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars: Martin D-16RGT with B-Band UST & '99 Fender "Big Apple" Hardtail HH Strat
Amps: Fender Blues Junior Special Edition & Fender Studio 85 (Simultaneous... yummy)

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 5 2007, 04:55 AM
hey y dont you try making up yoru own blues licks biggrin.gif, it helps make the time go by..and when the next blues lick comes out..you will be more prepared tongue.gif

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 5 2007, 04:34 PM
Indeed, create as many licks you possibly can, its really fun smile.gif though, I must say the GMC blues lessons really made me get many new ideas. I also use licks that I learn and do variations of them, you can do a million variations of one simple thing. I think gabriel got a couple of blues lessons in the "in the style of:" section.

This post has been edited by Robin: Jun 5 2007, 04:35 PM

+Quote Post
Hardtail
Jun 5 2007, 06:20 PM
Cool! Thanks for the advice.

Although, I think I am not quite ready to write any of my own blues stuff yet. With the limited amount of time I have each night I'd rather work on things that are already written so I can continue improving my core skills.

I will check out some of the "In the style of" stuff you mentioned once I get thru my current lesson of gabriel's.

Cheers! cool.gif

- Hardtail

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:26 AM