4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Time Feel Soloing Collaboration, UPLOAD THREAD
Farmer Joe
Apr 25 2009, 03:21 AM
GMC:er
Thanks for the response Pedja smile.gif

You're absolutely right though, I did play this really safe. I understand what you're telling me too, so I will get right to work on that. But it is good to know that I can salvage something from this take to build on for my final submission. I haven't really played any 16th or 8th note triplets much at all, but tonight, tomorrow, and sunday are great times to give this as much practice as possible. I did just buy a new metronome too, so its time to break it in smile.gif

Thanks again for your help, Pedja. I will work on all the things you pointed out.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 25 2009, 01:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Farmer Joe @ Apr 25 2009, 04:21 AM) *
Thanks for the response Pedja smile.gif

You're absolutely right though, I did play this really safe. I understand what you're telling me too, so I will get right to work on that. But it is good to know that I can salvage something from this take to build on for my final submission. I haven't really played any 16th or 8th note triplets much at all, but tonight, tomorrow, and sunday are great times to give this as much practice as possible. I did just buy a new metronome too, so its time to break it in smile.gif

Thanks again for your help, Pedja. I will work on all the things you pointed out.

You welcome Joe smile.gif

I am glad you will work on things mentioned. Even if you don't get the chance to correct that in couple of days for new take, you can still continue to work in future.

Let me know if you need anything !

Pedja

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
kjutte
Apr 26 2009, 09:59 AM
My take, Pedja!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Kjutte_jazz_wbt.mp3 ( 588.24K ) Number of downloads: 156
Attached File  Kjutte_jazz_wobt.mp3 ( 366.09K ) Number of downloads: 134

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 26 2009, 11:30 AM
Wow, you guys' takes are awesome:D Kaz, what the heck, that was nice:D

Here is my take. I jammed like, 10 times to it, and memorized fun licks.... but it's still, wack:D

My mom liked it:D hahaha

Attached File(s)
Attached File  TimeFeelBackignSUckageNoBT.mp3 ( 538.77K ) Number of downloads: 142
Attached File  TimeFeelSuckageWithBacking.mp3 ( 538.77K ) Number of downloads: 144

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 26 2009, 02:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (kjutte @ Apr 26 2009, 10:59 AM) *
My take, Pedja!

Kjutte I like what you did over E7#9 smile.gif

I did not hear much rhythm variety in your take however. Try to do another take and divide sections if you can between slow and fast rhythms you will play.
Hope that helps man !

QUOTE (Jesse @ Apr 26 2009, 12:30 PM) *
Wow, you guys' takes are awesome:D Kaz, what the heck, that was nice:D

Here is my take. I jammed like, 10 times to it, and memorized fun licks.... but it's still, wack:D

My mom liked it:D hahaha

Jesse sounds melodic but same thing as I told Kjutte. Try to do a take where you have clear and precise balance between fast and slow rhythms.

Let me know if you need any help !

Here is my take on youtube !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA75mSOyAjo&fmt=18

--------------------

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Apr 26 2009, 03:37 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Pedja,

Here it is (finally), playing/recording with a headache is absolutely not a good idea tongue.gif

Cheers
Roger

This post has been edited by Velvet Roger: Apr 26 2009, 03:38 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Time_feel_collab_VelvetRoger_wBT.mp3 ( 1.3MB ) Number of downloads: 145
Attached File  Time_feel_collab_VelvetRoger_noBT.mp3 ( 1.3MB ) Number of downloads: 151

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 26 2009, 03:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Apr 26 2009, 04:37 PM) *
Hi Pedja,

Here it is (finally), playing/recording with a headache is absolutely not a good idea tongue.gif

Cheers
Roger

Roger this works man !
Thank you for doing multiple takes, I will keep this one if you don't mind smile.gif
If you feel like recording same take couple more times do that, although this is acceptable.

Thanks Roger !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Apr 26 2009, 04:00 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Apr 26 2009, 04:40 PM) *
Roger this works man !
Thank you for doing multiple takes, I will keep this one if you don't mind smile.gif
If you feel like recording same take couple more times do that, although this is acceptable.

Thanks Roger !

I will stick with this one biggrin.gif , given all the other things I have to do (MTP, other collabs etc).

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 26 2009, 04:03 PM
tongue.gif To me, it's pretty balanced, but I'll make another take if you're not satisfied.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 26 2009, 04:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jesse @ Apr 26 2009, 05:03 PM) *
tongue.gif To me, it's pretty balanced, but I'll make another take if you're not satisfied.

I will accept that take as it has both fast and slow rhythms plus you followed rules of this collaboration. I just figured you could make time feel change more obvious, go from very slow to very fast rhythm and do it in different sections perhaps.
No worries Jesse smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 26 2009, 04:22 PM
Yeah. I wanted to go faster when the drum beat went, the first part went, then the second one, I thought too much and it didnt come out as fast:P

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 26 2009, 04:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jesse @ Apr 26 2009, 05:22 PM) *
Yeah. I wanted to go faster when the drum beat went, the first part went, then the second one, I thought too much and it didnt come out as fast:P

smile.gif
Thats exactly what I was talking about.
Its good to go from half notes to eight notes, but its even better to do half vs sixteen notes or WHOLE VS 16ths or even 8ths. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kjutte
Apr 26 2009, 09:25 PM
Ok Pedja, I will redo it I think. smile.gif I appreciate your advice, it helps me because I find it hard to jam with this backing.

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 26 2009, 09:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (kjutte @ Apr 26 2009, 10:25 PM) *
Ok Pedja, I will redo it I think. smile.gif I appreciate your advice, it helps me because I find it hard to jam with this backing.

You welcome kjutte. I am excited to hear your final take !

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrk
Apr 27 2009, 12:31 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Before the time runs out i wanted to upload my 2nd take.
I started with half notes and developed from there. Hope this includes a bit more what you are looking for smile.gif

Attached File  Pedja_Class_3_TimeFeel_04_wbt.mp3 ( 923.33K ) Number of downloads: 132
Attached File  Pedja_Class_3_TimeFeel_04_nbt.mp3 ( 911.05K ) Number of downloads: 133

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 27 2009, 10:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (wrk @ Apr 27 2009, 01:31 AM) *
Before the time runs out i wanted to upload my 2nd take.
I started with half notes and developed from there. Hope this includes a bit more what you are looking for smile.gif

Attached File  Pedja_Class_3_TimeFeel_04_wbt.mp3 ( 923.33K ) Number of downloads: 132
Attached File  Pedja_Class_3_TimeFeel_04_nbt.mp3 ( 911.05K ) Number of downloads: 133

Very nice Andy !
This one has more rhythm variety then previous take. Its up to you - tell me which one would you prefer for final mix ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrk
Apr 27 2009, 03:23 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Apr 27 2009, 11:31 AM) *
Very nice Andy !
This one has more rhythm variety then previous take. Its up to you - tell me which one would you prefer for final mix ?

Hm, .. as a solo i prefer the 1st take, but the 2nd is maybe the better choice for this time-feel collab, right?

+Quote Post
jonathan
Apr 27 2009, 04:25 PM
Here's my second take. I did exactly what you said, recorded a few times and then chose the best one.
hope you like it smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Time_feel_collaboration_jonathan_BT.mp3 ( 532.68K ) Number of downloads: 136
Attached File  Time_feel_collaboration_jonathan_NOBT.mp3 ( 529.82K ) Number of downloads: 131

+Quote Post
Tolek
Apr 27 2009, 04:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here´s my take. A youtube video is being uploaded.

Here it is! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Tolek: Apr 27 2009, 04:48 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  time_collab_WOB.mp3 ( 537.54K ) Number of downloads: 144

+Quote Post
GrannyKiller
Apr 27 2009, 06:44 PM
Before I even record my take...is this acceptable? huh.gif

Attached File  time_feel.gp4 ( 4.46K ) Number of downloads: 91

(haven't transcribed the drums, too lazy for that atm...)

--------------------
A kick in the butt is only another step forward...

.:G.E.A.R:.

Guitars: B.C.Rich Assasin QX6 // Jolana Galaxis (modded by me) // Melodija Menges nylon-acoustic // Vintage EJM-96 Bass

Amps: Marshall AVT50X combo // Roland MicroCube // some cr***y old Newport with a 12" speaker

Effects: Boss GT-10

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:33 PM