2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Pre-requistes For Sweeping?
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jan 15 2009, 01:59 AM
Jazz Instructor
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 14 2009, 01:12 PM) *
You should really pay attention to Left hand muting as well as right hand muting when sweeping. Lot of people can mute with right hand but get the noise because left hand is not transitioning smoothly from one string to another - in other words, their finger(s) catch a string or release it and get unwanted noise.
Another common mistake that you want to avoid when sweep picking is to hold two notes at once ! Everything should be played staccato (short) and not tied in other words no notes should ring out.
Let me know if you need some examples smile.gif

Yeah, I forgot about that, that's a tricky part:)
I struggled with that myself, just lift your fingers gently so you don't produce undesired noise.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Jan 15 2009, 02:03 AM
Learning Tone Master
Wow, my mentoree's already preaching about me biggrin.gif Thanks Bondy!!

QUOTE (Bondy @ Jan 12 2009, 09:28 PM) *
Check out my mtp thread Adam has done a couple of videos for me there very informative biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 15 2009, 11:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vasilije Vukmirovic @ Jan 15 2009, 01:59 AM) *
Yeah, I forgot about that, that's a tricky part:)
I struggled with that myself, just lift your fingers gently so you don't produce undesired noise.

Exactly !
That seems to be the biggest trouble guitarists have that are new to sweeps and want to play 200 mph biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:33 PM