Line6 Toneport Gx Help
CheeseBeard
Mar 27 2008, 04:10 PM
GMC:er

Hi all,

I just bought a line6 toneport gx to start recording my own stuff onto my computer but am having some trouble getting it working sad.gif. I've installed Gearbox and line6 monkey tools and updated the drivers for both but can't hear any sound when I play chords/notes on my guitar even though the meters are moving on gearbox to show that the program is getting a signal from it. I've also checked to make sure i've not muted gearbox.

There's probably a really easy solution to this that i'm completely overlooking but any help would be great.

Thanks a lot

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Leijon
Mar 27 2008, 04:44 PM
Just to make sure: are your headphones connected to the TonePort? The TP is an external audio card and output is per default from the unit, not your computer.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Leijon, Sweden
Guitars:
Taylor T5 Standard S1
Fender Classic Series '60s Custom Telecaster with Bigsby
Amp
Fishman Loudbox Mini
Stuff:
Boss ME 80 multieffect
Zoom Player 2020 (yeah!)
sore fingers...

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 27 2008, 04:55 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Asa has benn mentioned, connect your speakers (or headphones) to the Toneport, (mini jack connection on the back of the toneport, next to the USB connection) and be sure to spin the big wheel on the front of the device to set the volume.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 27 2008, 08:29 PM
Instructor
Toneport is a soundcard, you must connect your speakers into it and choose it in control panel as your default sound card in order to get the sound.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
CheeseBeard
Mar 27 2008, 09:17 PM
Ah thanks a lot...i knew it would be something stupid sleep.gif . Now it's working and I can finally record.

Thanks for all the help biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:54 PM