> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

10 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Snackajacks Secret Guitar Laboratory
snackajacks
Apr 11 2013, 06:47 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 11 2013, 04:39 PM) *
Alright man! Anytime wink.gif Let me know about your discoveries and I will show you more smile.gif

Btw I found something awesome by watching myself on that video I noticed my thumb, So I thought, lets put that thing behind the neck. and it makes a looot of difference and it is way more comfortable to play. See you at the videochat tonight smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Apr 11 2013, 09:52 PM
So here is the idea I had over the progression that I had made.

It was played with the progression as backingtrack but its almost unhearable.
For completeness here is the link to the original vid :

I was thinking about using effects on both the pattern on the progression and the progression itself but Ill add that flavour when I have all my parts together. I am also thinking about a chorus. I want it to have some kind of twist in it. oh and I did not even mention adding a second guitar that plays the part higher. Got a lot of ideas. I wrote them all down and I will wait for your advice to guide me in this epic journey to songwriting.

Now it has really become a secret guitar laboratory

biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by snackajacks: Apr 11 2013, 10:18 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 12 2013, 08:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Apr 11 2013, 05:47 PM) *
Btw I found something awesome by watching myself on that video I noticed my thumb, So I thought, lets put that thing behind the neck. and it makes a looot of difference and it is way more comfortable to play. See you at the videochat tonight smile.gif

Hehe! Indeed it is man - simply because the thumb pushes against the neck, thus offering more strength and support for the other 4 fingers! biggrin.gif Our friend.. Physics biggrin.gif

QUOTE (snackajacks @ Apr 11 2013, 08:52 PM) *
So here is the idea I had over the progression that I had made.

It was played with the progression as backingtrack but its almost unhearable.
For completeness here is the link to the original vid :

I was thinking about using effects on both the pattern on the progression and the progression itself but Ill add that flavour when I have all my parts together. I am also thinking about a chorus. I want it to have some kind of twist in it. oh and I did not even mention adding a second guitar that plays the part higher. Got a lot of ideas. I wrote them all down and I will wait for your advice to guide me in this epic journey to songwriting.

Now it has really become a secret guitar laboratory

biggrin.gif

Wow biggrin.gif This sounds very Asian, Marc biggrin.gif I like it! Listen, can you record all the ideas and post them? We'll see what you have and how to connect and develop them wink.gif

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Apr 12 2013, 09:41 AM
Yes , I will record all my ideas this weekend and post them here. Have some things to work out. Again this thing was based on 4 notes and I just added the 2nd note because a lot of songs do that to make it sound more interesting instead of powerchords.

And I was thinking to let that riff come back at the end off the song but instead of going back at the end from 15 - 12 , 10-8 on D
replacing this with 15 - 17 - 12 , 10 - 12 - 8.

youll hear from me in the next couple of days biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by snackajacks: Apr 12 2013, 09:45 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 12 2013, 08:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Apr 12 2013, 08:41 AM) *
Yes , I will record all my ideas this weekend and post them here. Have some things to work out. Again this thing was based on 4 notes and I just added the 2nd note because a lot of songs do that to make it sound more interesting instead of powerchords.

And I was thinking to let that riff come back at the end off the song but instead of going back at the end from 15 - 12 , 10-8 on D
replacing this with 15 - 17 - 12 , 10 - 12 - 8.

youll hear from me in the next couple of days biggrin.gif

Marc, I am waiting to hear the recordings because I don't quite get what's what with the numbers biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Apr 13 2013, 10:20 AM
As I told you I am home, and I dont have my guitar here BUT I do have a bass guitar in here,
So I am going to try and record that. Got some personal issues at the moment that kind of disturbs me of
doing anything. But Ill go for it

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 14 2013, 01:32 PM
Instructor
Hey Marc, no rush man. Do it when you are at peace and when you solved your problems. Hope it ain't anything serious tho... sad.gif

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Apr 14 2013, 09:39 PM
Don't worry, I'll be fine. I am going to jam over the riff tomorrow and see what I come up with.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 15 2013, 07:34 AM
Instructor
Ok amigo! As you say! wink.gif

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Apr 15 2013, 10:40 PM
Hey Cosmin, got a fast question, what scales can I play over this song.

This post has been edited by snackajacks: Apr 15 2013, 10:40 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 16 2013, 09:00 AM
Instructor
Hey mate - this is a mix between major and minor pentatonic or blues mode

1 2 3 5 6
1 b3 4 b5 5 b7

I recommend these lessons if you want to know how to smoothly blend the two scales in this type of context smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/mixing...n_blues_part_1/ <- search for the rest of the parts and you won't be sorry! There are 5 of them here at GMC
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...or-pentatonics/

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Apr 16 2013, 11:16 AM
Awesome, I was just wondering . Since none of the scales I knew sounded really right.
I am shooting some videos with ideas tonight

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 16 2013, 11:40 AM
Instructor
Very good mate! I'll be on the lookout!

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Apr 23 2013, 06:26 PM
So , as said. Life got a bit complicated the last week. nevertheless I chose to put my thoughts on one thing : guitarplaying.
I just wanted to record Technical difficulties by pg, I basically screwed up and decided to continue recording and somehow I
think its pretty funny what came out at the end. Let me know what you think biggrin.gif

From Thursday on I will have less to worry about and become active biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 24 2013, 08:37 AM
Instructor
Hey Marc, it looks like it has good timing as an ensemble, but unfortunately I can't hear a lot of the details, simply because the recording quality is not that awesome..

I think there are spots in which you need to practice slower though, because I can hear notes being blurred, even if the sound quality is not that great.

I would like to hear a new recording in which the guitar would be more clear, so, what do you think? smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Apr 24 2013, 10:00 AM
yup, definately

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 25 2013, 08:01 AM
Instructor
Perfect wink.gif

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Apr 25 2013, 11:32 AM
as told I am also looking for a new microphone for recording my guitar. are there any mics that you recommend ?
are there special types for recording electric guitar, or should I just buy a usb interface again.

my budget is 50 euros

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 25 2013, 01:28 PM
Instructor
Mate, if you have a good amp, you may get a mic and I strongly suggest you to have a good read here: http://audio.tutsplus.com/tutorials/record...he-home-studio/

If you don't have an amp and can't crank it up at home, the USB interface will do far greater justice, or you can try an AMT SS20 Preamp like I am using smile.gif All tube wink.gif Do you know it? I've posted reviews around here and my lessons are recorded with it in a proportion of 90%

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Apr 25 2013, 05:13 PM
Well my setup now is that the sound is going through my boss gt-3 to 2 sony monitors that gives me a very nice setup. In my previous setup I had my pod x3 which had a build in usb interface.

I checked the link and I think the the shure sm57 is what I am looking for, I might even record vocals with that , it seems to get great reviews. I am going to the local shop to ask if they sell it and otherwise I am going to look for it secondhand.

See you tonight at the chat !
Edit : missed chat since this was one of the only days that it was actually above 20 degrees in the Netherlands,
So went to grab some beers in town.

This post has been edited by snackajacks: Apr 25 2013, 10:26 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:50 AM