Complaints About Woman In Black
Ben Higgins
Jul 12 2012, 09:22 AM
Instructor
What do you think about this ? Has anybody seen this movie ? If so, why do you think people complained about it so much ?

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/daniel-radcliff...about-film.html

I personally think a lot of ratings are stupidly low.. like 12 or 12A etc.. but I guess it's that good ol' money thing again ! The wider the audience, the more wonga it brings in.. dry.gif

Still can't forgive Chuck Norris for putting his foot down like a petulant child and forcing Expendables 2 to become a 12 rated movie... it's about mercenaries killing people and you're concerned about a bit of language ? They're just words, a collection of sounds made by a human voice.. get a grip and look at the bigger picture. You can just take a look and find anything in the world to get more upset about than that..! huh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Jul 12 2012, 09:24 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 12)
Saoirse O'Shea
Jul 12 2012, 09:49 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 12 2012, 09:22 AM) *
I personally think a lot of ratings are stupidly low.. like 12 or 12A etc.. but I guess it's that good ol' money thing again ! The wider the audience, the more wonga it brings in.. dry.gif

Me and my daughter are in the UK this week. She's 12 and it was a real problem finding a film that she wanted to see and was allowed to. Very limited choice possibly as UK schools aren't on holiday yet. Most of the films she was interested in are rated 15 in the UK but probably will be 12 in Spain.

Part of the issue with the rating system is that it homogenises. Some 12 year olds are very childish, whilst some are much grown up. Some are easily frightened and don't seem to differentiate between reality and fantasy, some are more sophisticated. Some are very protected by their parents whilst some parents are more liberal...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 12 2012, 10:31 AM
GMC:er
I have seen this movie. Grown up Harry Potter longing for Zombies?

Boooring. period.

If you're into mystery, shutter Island is a lot better.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 12 2012, 11:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jul 12 2012, 10:31 AM) *
If you're into mystery, shutter Island is a lot better.

I haven't seen that yet.. I need to.

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 12 2012, 07:57 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I enjoyed it. Saw it a few times in theaters and once at home.

I will say that it is a lot better in theaters. The surround sound really makes scares a little better.

It was entertaining but definitely not up to par with the previously mention Shutter Island.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jul 12 2012, 09:02 PM
Its sad how a few prudes can ruin everything. If you don't like a certain film, DON'T WATCH IT. Such a revolutionary idea, isn't it? dry.gif If you get upset by mildly foul language and seeing a naked human body, then the problem is with YOU, not the movie. This is really a case of people forcing their values on other people.

Take a drive around Paris, and you'll notice that there are pictures of bare boobs and nipples posted everywhere. Despite this onslaught of mammaries, we have yet to hear of a single case where an individual spontaneously combusted upon viewing a little boobage.

Calm down folks, you'll be just fine if you see a little nudity.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 13 2012, 11:29 AM
Instructor
I personally enjoyed 'The woman in black' and I totally agree with mudbone laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 13 2012, 11:51 AM
Instructor
Time for a trip to Paris.......

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 13 2012, 09:54 PM
GMC:er
It was Harry Potters' first attempt at a serious movie right? He really had a lot of baggage to overcome. maybe if they would have used more Wizards?

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 12 2012, 04:22 AM) *
What do you think about this ? Has anybody seen this movie ? If so, why do you think people complained about it so much ?

Still can't forgive Chuck Norris for putting his foot down like a petulant child and forcing Expendables 2 to become a 12 rated movie... it's about mercenaries killing people and you're concerned about a bit of language ? They're just words, a collection of sounds made by a human voice.. get a grip and look at the bigger picture. You can just take a look and find anything in the world to get more upset about than that..! huh.gif

Chuck has TWO kids that he wants to be able to go to the theatre (with their pals) and see Daddy up on screen. Thy are about 12-13 just now so I think it had a big impact on him being such a bonk over the ratings issues.

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 12 2012, 04:22 AM) *

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 14 2012, 08:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 13 2012, 08:54 PM) *
It was Harry Potters' first attempt at a serious movie right? He really had a lot of baggage to overcome. maybe if they would have used more Wizards?

Chuck has TWO kids that he wants to be able to go to the theatre (with their pals) and see Daddy up on screen. Thy are about 12-13 just now so I think it had a big impact on him being such a bonk over the ratings issues.

Come to think of it, he is Chuck Norris biggrin.gif So he can take care of things and ban the age ban laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 14 2012, 11:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 13 2012, 09:54 PM) *

Yeah you're probably right, Todd. Also doing his bit to stand up for good ol' fashioned values. wink.gif

What I mean though is that when you consider what stuff does happen out there in the world and the things we face everyday, swearing is pretty low down on the list of priorities surely ? To me, swearing is not an issue of morality, it just exists.. a collection of vowels and consonants.

However, a lot of people really don't have their proper morals sorted and you can always see this in those that oppress their beliefs onto others. If we want to talk about values, then oppression is something that isn't acceptable, no matter whether they think they're on the 'right' side or not. Have a problem instead with something that actually matters.. people can always find plenty to start with close to home before they even look outwards ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jul 14 2012, 03:13 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 14 2012, 06:53 AM) *
Yeah you're probably right, Todd. Also doing his bit to stand up for good ol' fashioned values. wink.gif

What I mean though is that when you consider what stuff does happen out there in the world and the things we face everyday, swearing is pretty low down on the list of priorities surely ? To me, swearing is not an issue of morality, it just exists.. a collection of vowels and consonants.

However, a lot of people really don't have their proper morals sorted and you can always see this in those that oppress their beliefs onto others. If we want to talk about values, then oppression is something that isn't acceptable, no matter whether they think they're on the 'right' side or not. Have a problem instead with something that actually matters.. people can always find plenty to start with close to home before they even look outwards ! smile.gif

+1 biggrin.gif

Yes, the morality police are usually the ones that lack morals and decency mad.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jul 14 2012, 11:24 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 14 2012, 11:53 AM) *

Absolutely Ben. Philosophically there is a difference between ethics and morals. The former are transcendental and so beyond and cannot be changed by human society: something that none of us is 'beyond', something that we are all judged by but can not judge others by, something that none of can change. The latter are a social construct and entirely within our realm of judgement. Too often we confuse the two, more often than not we talk about something as ethical when we mean it's a social more/moral judgement and nothing else. Morals ultimately are a human contempt and arrogance, too often they're used to enforce a particular code of behaviour and to oppress a minority.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:54 AM