Question About Audacity
Praetorian
Dec 10 2008, 02:36 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I recently downloaded this program and love it! I was just wondering if there was a way to record a lessons backing track as well as my playing? When I play along with a backing track...I hear my playing and the track in my headphones. But, when I listen to my recording in Audacity, I only hear my guitar...no backing music. Any ideas?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 10 2008, 02:43 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Don't think it's possible Ben. If you kindly ask that particular instructor, I'm sure they would be more than happy to send it to you. This way, you get it with the authors consent.. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Dec 10 2008, 03:12 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Dec 10 2008, 02:36 AM) *
I recently downloaded this program and love it! I was just wondering if there was a way to record a lessons backing track as well as my playing? When I play along with a backing track...I hear my playing and the track in my headphones. But, when I listen to my recording in Audacity, I only hear my guitar...no backing music. Any ideas?

play the backing track and ***************************************

I suck at reaper... but i got audacity down... let me know if you have any problems

Inappropriate GMC backing track recording information removed - Andrew

--------------------

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Dec 26 2008, 01:43 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Dec 9 2008, 09:12 PM) *
play the backing track and ********************************************************************************
********************************************************************************

I suck at reaper... but i got audacity down... let me know if you have any problems

How do I record the backing in audacity? I play it, and hit record on audicity...but nothing records except my guitar sound...

This post has been edited by Smells: Dec 26 2008, 09:56 AM

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Dec 26 2008, 03:46 AM
If you go into ********************************************

Then after ******************************************

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 26 2008, 04:21 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Guys, please don't give people instructions on how to record GMC backing tracks - we don't allow this as the content is copyrighted and paid for. If it ends up freely available, GMC and all of us will suffer - Andrew

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Dec 26 2008, 04:26 AM
click *****************************

After that click ***************************

click ************************************

Also in preferences ******************************

then you just *******************************

QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Dec 26 2008, 04:21 AM) *
Guys, please don't give people instructions on how to record GMC backing tracks - we don't allow this as the content is copyrighted and paid for. If it ends up freely available, GMC and all of us will suffer - Andrew

sorry i was trying to help out someone to record backing tracks, not ruin gmc

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 26 2008, 04:30 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Dec 25 2008, 10:26 PM) *
sorry i was trying to help out someone to record backing tracks, not ruin gmc

We understand - we just can't allow this, sorry! As Skenny said, if the instructor concerned supplies the backing track we are ok with you using it for recording.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:25 PM