> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Jaxn4 - Melodic Hard Rock Soloing, Lesson By Jonathan Burgos
GRADE
Melodic Hard Rock Soloing in A minor
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 4 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

JD_
Sep 5 2011, 11:25 AM
Learning Roadie
Hello Again, I had 'issues' w/ my YouTube account and had to close it down so I apologise for the deleted post yesterday.

it was a great challenge to tackle this lesson by Johnathan Burgos.

I decided to tackle a level 5 lesson this time, the idea was to tackle a harder lesson, spend longer on it and develop the techniques required to play the lesson..... Further work is required on this, however, here is my take.....

Original Lesson is here : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/melodi...ing_in_a_minor/

I put a decent effort into my tone and vibrato.

Here is my progress with this lesson at this time

Gear:
Washburn N4 Wenge
POD Farm
Reaper
HD Camcorder

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Jan 4 2013, 10:19 AM

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Sep 5 2011, 12:29 PM
Instructor
First of all, I think you're a bit out of tune! Timing is very good,have articulate and clean tone,but you must work on bending and vibrato! I believe that you will ,with a little practice these technical details, have a perfect take !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 5 2011, 03:55 PM
Instructor
It's a difficult lesson because of the quantity of bends and vibrato. You did a good job. I agree with the things that Sinisa said about your tuning, bends and vibrato. With some more work concentrated on those things you'll get a perfect take.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 5 2011, 04:14 PM
Instructor
I agree with the feedback by Gabe and Sinisa. I think you should choose a different tone for this type of solo, a bit "rounder" maybe with more mids on it.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Sep 5 2011, 06:24 PM
Instructor
i love your guitar man, but agree with the guys, i would like a more round tone, maybe try a bit of a compressor at the start of your signal. Also you may need to tune up your guitar before recording your take, i guess you were practicing before and then recording and sometimes (and if you did your practice good) you should get a normal detune, specially on a floating bridge guitar.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 5 2011, 07:46 PM
Instructor
Hey, great to see you posting in the REC again ! biggrin.gif

Aside from some of the tuning issues the guys have already mentioned, I think there are loads of really good aspects in this take. You definitely have been working on that vibrato, I see a good classical style vibrato emerging here as well as I nice 'regular' vibrato too !

I think the only things that let you down were the tone ( if you can dial in some more gain which should help with sustain, and possibly less treble and more mids as Adrian suggested ) and lack of confidence in some of the passages. I think some of the difficult passages led to the bends being not quite to pitch, rather than your ability to bend to pitch because you obviously can bend very well.

I think if you gave it another couple of weeks you'll have this song under your belt ! I look forward to hearing another version cool.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 6 2011, 07:50 AM
Instructor
I agree with the guys and I also want to provide a little inspiration - this man is the best example for bending and articulation in general in this kind of context, I always use this little video, because in my opinion, it is one of the greatest pieces of guitar music ever written and it quite offers the definition for bending and vibrato. Look, listen and try to get this feeling in your take as well, but give it time - good articulation is like wine, it becomes better in time wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 7 2011, 09:37 AM
Instructor
Very well done. You learned the whole solo, every note. Now it's time to polish it up, and add a bit of your expression to it. From what I hear and see, your vibrato and bending needs most work. Try to really make those notes vibrate properly, practice vibrato with a metronome a bit. It will be better, and your tone control will be better too.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 10 2011, 01:24 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Straight 7's on this one man, Jonathan's lessons have that "feel" thats tough. Keep at it bro!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:48 AM