2 Pages V   1 2 >  
What To Get Next? :?
Xranthoius
Nov 20 2007, 11:21 PM
GMC:er
I've been asked what I want for the holidays, but I dont know what to say. My amplifier has all of the effects built in. Distortion, delay, reverb, chorus, phaser, tremolo.... I'm mostly into rock and metal. What else is there that I need? dry.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JVM
Nov 20 2007, 11:32 PM
Learning Roadie
Wah pedal. No amp can have a built in wah pedal (edit: that is to say, auto wah can be cool but it is simply not the same effect as a pedal), it is just not the same thing. If you already have one, maybe a pandora or something cool like that. I want one o' thems.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by JVM: Nov 20 2007, 11:33 PM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Nov 21 2007, 01:12 AM
Geoffrey Teese Wah.....DA BOMB! I have the Wizard Wah. He makes pure gold. Thats My suggestion. mad.gif

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Nov 21 2007, 01:25 AM
new guitar biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
swingline
Nov 21 2007, 01:26 AM
Whammy pedal to play some RATM!!

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Nov 21 2007, 01:28 AM
haha wah pedal why didn't i think of that... but still thats only one thing what else can i get, smikey i already got a new axe in august wink.gif

EDIT: what is a good wah wah pedal, ignore the price

This post has been edited by Xranthoius: Nov 21 2007, 01:30 AM

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
swingline
Nov 21 2007, 01:31 AM
QUOTE (Xranthoius @ Nov 20 2007, 04:28 PM) *
haha wah pedal why didn't i think of that... but still thats only one thing what else can i get, smikey i already got a new axe in august wink.gif

A Cry Baby From Hell

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Nov 21 2007, 01:34 AM
QUOTE (swingline @ Nov 20 2007, 06:31 PM) *
A Cry Baby From Hell

hmmm yeah not bad smile.gif blink.gif what about Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon Wah Pedal I like the metal sound of it wink.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Goliath
Nov 21 2007, 02:10 AM
QUOTE (Xranthoius @ Nov 21 2007, 01:34 AM) *
hmmm yeah not bad smile.gif blink.gif what about Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon Wah Pedal I like the metal sound of it wink.gif

You cannot go wrong with a WD or any variant of a Crybaby. I've got the Wylde Baby, it sounds much better with gain. You could also consider a Bad Horsie.

A digitech whammy pedal is a lot of fun and is becoming increasingly relevant in music. If you have more than one guitar, perhaps a chromatic pedal tuner, acts as a mute button while you switch guitars. If your guitars have problems of picking up on noise, might try a noisegate. If you play with a scooped amp/EQ's, might get an EQ pedal to boost you through the solos.

Maybe new pickups. did you get a dean razorback? I really want to play a Dean V 255.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
swingline
Nov 21 2007, 02:57 AM
Get a talk box and do some mad Peter Frampton stuff.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Nov 21 2007, 11:35 PM
QUOTE (swingline @ Nov 20 2007, 07:57 PM) *
Get a talk box and do some mad Peter Frampton stuff.

i feel so dumb.... rolleyes.gif what does a talk box do

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
JVM
Nov 21 2007, 11:41 PM
Learning Roadie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9D-kUEp03c

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 21 2007, 11:46 PM
I'd get a Morley Wah. They are really good.

Along with that you could still get other effects because not all effects built into an amp are top quality. Maybe a better distortion since you like rock and metal.

A synthesizer is a possibility too. biggrin.gif If you get one of those, get one made by Moog.

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 21 2007, 11:47 PM
Learning Tone Master
Go for a Crybaby (Standard,Zakk Wylde or Dime signature). They top every other wah when it comes to sound(exept you can manage to get an old vox wah which sounds even better)

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Nov 21 2007, 11:55 PM
What about some recording gear?Like something to use your guitar via USB and play and record.Maybe a Wireless system so you can move all over the place and not worry about cords.New pickups for your guitar,Sheet music stand for your tabliture,Strap locks or a new strap, Dude i could go on forever! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Nov 22 2007, 12:02 AM
yeh thanks guys ill consider it all biggrin.gif

EDIT: what would i be better off with over a long period of time, a crybaby or

Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon Wah Pedal

This post has been edited by Xranthoius: Nov 22 2007, 12:24 AM

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 22 2007, 12:33 AM
Instructor
You can get all sort of gear man. if you are planning to buy new axe soon don`t buy pickups. Are interested in recording gear? Maybe some fasttrack or toneport would be nice. That like the ideal present for a musician. smile.gif Are you gigging? What kind of music do you play. Maybe get some extra delay pedal. Usually effects from amp are not very good..

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 22 2007, 01:00 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
What sort of a budget are we talking about here just to narrow it down a bit? Otherwise we might be in danger of producing everyone's ideal holdiay/birthday presents list (I'd add a Neumann mic pref a U 87, a Manley comp, a Neve channel strip a ...) .

Of the ones listed so far Teese Wah I'd say as a +1 for immediate gratification and a decent recording set up as not instant but longer term.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Nov 22 2007, 01:19 AM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Nov 21 2007, 05:33 PM) *
You can get all sort of gear man. if you are planning to buy new axe soon don`t buy pickups. Are interested in recording gear? Maybe some fasttrack or toneport would be nice. That like the ideal present for a musician. smile.gif Are you gigging? What kind of music do you play. Maybe get some extra delay pedal. Usually effects from amp are not very good..

ye thanks smile.gif I'm mainly interested in pedals at the moment, i usually play rock/metal/hard rock/ hard metal, stuff like that... im only 13 so i haven't had any gigs.... yet wink.gif

EDIT: Tony, I'm trying to keep about 100-150$ per item, and thanks ill take a look at that wah too biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Xranthoius: Nov 22 2007, 01:21 AM

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Skewlbuzz
Nov 22 2007, 04:41 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Xranthoius @ Nov 21 2007, 01:28 AM) *

I have to recommend the Crybaby 535Q - Best versatile wah pedal!

--------------------

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2008
Fender Squier '51

---------------------
Amp(like):
Blackstar Series One 45
Line6 POD Studio UX1
Marshall MG15CDR

---------------------
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
DigiTech Whammy
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
Dunlop MXR Carbon Copy

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:18 PM