2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix, anyone seen it?
stratman33
Jul 15 2007, 08:54 PM
GMC:er
If you havnt seen it, it's the best of the series so far IMO.And the videogame is also good.Great movie.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 15 2007, 09:00 PM
Havent seen it yet! But i cant wait!!! ill probably will watch it today or tomorrow!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Kaneda
Jul 15 2007, 09:05 PM
Other side of the coin
QUOTE (stratman33 @ Jul 15 2007, 09:54 PM) *
If you havnt seen it, it's the best of the series so far IMO.And the videogame is also good.Great movie.

Yeah, we went and saw it yesterday. smile.gif The Department of Mysteries couldn't help but disappoint a bit (leaving everything except the veil room and the prophecy room out), since it's probably the most mythically symbolic single location Rowling has written - and I wanted at least all the aspects of it. But oh well, the pacing was good, and a lot of it wouldn't work in the medium of film anyway. In and of themselves, the choices made in editing and script writing were perfect.

There were a few points I felt were too outspoken - specifically the meaning of the prophecy, and Luna's mention of "things appearing again, but not the way you expect them to" being too close to what she was indirectly talking about.

But yeah, good film - Radcliffe impressed me for once, even if he could have had even more of a tour de force, if the last scene with Dumbledore had been longer. Staunton as Umbridge was wonderful; Gambon as Dumbledore was better than before; Watson as Hermione was way better than in HP4. All the actors pretty much did great in this one. And the effects were great. Great design also on the Thestrals - wondering if McKean did that design, like the dementors for HP3.

This post has been edited by Kaneda: Jul 15 2007, 09:10 PM

+Quote Post
steve25
Jul 15 2007, 09:27 PM
Yeah i saw it good movie. I think they did miss out some vital parts but you can't have everything in there. Some scenes i did feel were perhaps a bit rushed though. But overall a pretty good movie i think probably the best one yet

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 15 2007, 09:27 PM
QUOTE (Kaneda @ Jul 15 2007, 02:05 PM) *
Yeah, we went and saw it yesterday. smile.gif The Department of Mysteries couldn't help but disappoint a bit (leaving everything except the veil room and the prophecy room out), since it's probably the most mythically symbolic single location Rowling has written - and I wanted at least all the aspects of it. But oh well, the pacing was good, and a lot of it wouldn't work in the medium of film anyway. In and of themselves, the choices made in editing and script writing were perfect.

There were a few points I felt were too outspoken - specifically the meaning of the prophecy, and Luna's mention of "things appearing again, but not the way you expect them to" being too close to what she was indirectly talking about.

But yeah, good film - Radcliffe impressed me for once, even if he could have had even more of a tour de force, if the last scene with Dumbledore had been longer. Staunton as Umbridge was wonderful; Gambon as Dumbledore was better than before; Watson as Hermione was way better than in HP4. All the actors pretty much did great in this one. And the effects were great. Great design also on the Thestrals - wondering if McKean did that design, like the dementors for HP3.

Kaneda have you read the book? have you seen the picture of the chapter when Umbridge is introduced? I have a teacher that is IDENTICAL as her!!! and she is mean too! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kaneda
Jul 15 2007, 09:35 PM
Other side of the coin
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jul 15 2007, 10:27 PM) *
Kaneda have you read the book? have you seen the picture of the chapter when Umbridge is introduced? I have a teacher that is IDENTICAL as her!!! and she is mean too! tongue.gif

I read the British versions, so no pictures.

Imelda Staunton in the film looks exactly like the Danish teacher I had in eighth grade (except my teacher was a bit uglier) - she speaks the same way she did too. And had the exact same sugar sweet facade and a very very mean personality underneath, which came to the surface a few times in public, but mostly when alone with a student (like me). tongue.gif

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention Emma Thompson, who is still amazing as Trelawney smile.gif And the girl playing Luna was a find! Could go on smile.gif

This post has been edited by Kaneda: Jul 15 2007, 10:14 PM

+Quote Post
Asphyxia Feeling
Jul 16 2007, 03:08 AM
i saw it at midnight when it came out smile.gif

pretty good... they did cut ALOT out. but, you can't make a movie that's 5 hours long, so i guess it's alright. they got all the really crucial info.

--------------------
What did you learn tonight?
while shouting so loud, you barely joyous, broken thing.
You are a voice that never sings, is what i say.
You are freezing over hell
You are bringing on that end you do so well
and you can only blame yourself, is what is say.

+Quote Post
Pantalaimon
Jul 16 2007, 05:27 AM
I just saw it today.

I have to say I liked the direction/cinematography a lot better in this one. I think all the actors were magnificent. What's funny is this: I hated the book...but I actually think this might be my favorite of the movies so far (except for perhaps the first one).

Overal a good flick.

--------------------
My Gear:
~Schecter C-1+ (black cherry) w/ Duncan Designed PUs, EB Super Slinky strings
~Fender Mexican Stratocaster (black) w/ stock PUs, EB Super Slinky strings
~Jasmine by Takamine acoustic (kinda crappy - $90)
~Fender Frontman 25R amp.
~Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive pedal
~Dan-Ecko pedal

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 16 2007, 07:22 AM
I just came 1 hour ago from the movies!!! This was a great movie! my favorite so far, all the actors and actresses did a great job playing each character! Cant wait to read the 7th book!

--------------------

+Quote Post
JOhn
Jul 16 2007, 07:31 AM
Wasn't that good i think.

--------------------
The only man it's OK to love is Paul Gilbert.

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jul 16 2007, 07:47 AM
I am going to watch it tonight. I have read the books and so far the movies havn't done the books justice. Books are always better than the movies, because you can imagine it yourself and there is so much more detail in it. Either way I still enjoy watching the movies, but not more than once. I wont read the books more than once either, like some people do.

- Hemlok

This post has been edited by Hemlok: Jul 16 2007, 07:47 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 16 2007, 07:54 AM
QUOTE (Hemlok @ Jul 16 2007, 12:47 AM) *
I am going to watch it tonight. I have read the books and so far the movies havn't done the books justice. Books are always better than the movies, because you can imagine it yourself and there is so much more detail in it. Either way I still enjoy watching the movies, but not more than once. I wont read the books more than once either, like some people do.

- Hemlok

I sometimes do ready them again, but probably after 7 months of reading it for the 1st time. Just to experience the adventure again biggrin.gif wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jul 16 2007, 07:56 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jul 16 2007, 02:54 PM) *
I sometimes do ready them again, but probably after 7 months of reading it for the 1st time. Just to experience the adventure again biggrin.gif wink.gif

That is fair enough, I re-read other books. But when the movies came out they didnt paint the picture I had imagined when reading the book. It is obviously different for everyone. Trying to read the book again it just wasn't the same. Lost it's magic tongue.gif excuse the pun

- Hemlok

This post has been edited by Hemlok: Jul 16 2007, 07:57 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
J.E.
Jul 19 2007, 11:15 PM
I loved the movie of course it didnt have the same depth perception as in the book but it was good i would give it a 5+ but to take the movie in defence if they would have made the movie with almost every detail from the book it probably would have lasted 10 hours tongue.gif

--------------------
Can you imagine?

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jul 20 2007, 12:18 AM
I saw it and loved it but I can't let it over-shadow booke 7s release in two days!!!

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 20 2007, 01:55 AM
QUOTE (AIB234 @ Jul 19 2007, 05:18 PM) *
I saw it and loved it but I can't let it over-shadow booke 7s release in two days!!!

yeah man!! cant wait!!! althought alot of bad things are gonna happen sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 20 2007, 11:25 AM
Instructor
Saw the movie yesterday. Didn't impress me to be honest! But bits and pieces of the movie were good!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Matt
Jul 20 2007, 11:54 AM
i know their completely different movies, but i rekon transformers is better tongue.gif

--------------------
"Keep Bleeding On 'Til The Day You Die, Forever Love it Loud" - Black Label Society

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 20 2007, 12:28 PM
Instructor
I love 1st and 2nd Potter movies, the 3rd was a bit crappy to me, didn't see 4th and now 5th was nothing special.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
J.E.
Jul 22 2007, 01:34 AM
i bought the book today it's lovely! i can't wait to find out what happends
btw i think the first movie is good the second i think was a blooper the third is godlike 4 is crappy with a nice ending and the fifth i founded amusing a bit dull but then again they can't put all the details from the book then it would have lasted for ages:P

--------------------
Can you imagine?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:41 PM