Your Music Dreams
Cosmin Lupu
May 20 2014, 09:23 AM
Instructor
It happens to me from time to time that I play guitar (or some other instrument) in my dreams.

I had a lot of dreams in which I heard a VERY nice melody and then I struggled not to forget it smile.gif I also have an example which I managed to salvage from one of those dreams and believe it or not, here it is in a GMC lesson biggrin.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Fairys-Dance/

Do you ever get music dreams? If so - please share them!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spock
May 20 2014, 10:11 AM
GMC:er
Full songs come to my mind just before sleep many nights - also on long walks. I may not hear the words but the vocal melody and all the parts just play out as if already written and channeled - my mind being the receiver. And, they're awesome, to me!

The thing is, I can never remember what went I heard I wake up the next morning, but I have (in the past) kept a tape recorder with me and attempted to hum what was going on - never to give it justice. This is where not knowing music theory really hurts. I know that many people (my son being one) would understand the notes and the progressions would make sense, and could probably write it down on paper.

Another thing about these times are that the mind (being almost asleep or during a long walk) is in a semi-hypnotized state. You are vaguely aware of what is going on around you, sort of like driving a route so many times you reach your destination and don't remember the drive to it.

This has to be the same mental space where many artists say they have a "muse" come in and give them a song - I've read many famous artists say the music came to them, that they didn't write it. I believe I understand those statements, I just never learned the skills to transpose those inspirations down.

BTW - that's a beautiful piece of music Cosmin - you should make that into a full song.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Spock: May 20 2014, 10:13 AM

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 20 2014, 11:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
Never...
It has never happend to me sad.gif

In the last dream I remember I was exexcuted by electrical pulses...
My it has to do with my diet or something, my dreams aint good

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
May 20 2014, 11:51 PM
Learning Tone Master
not dreams ,but once I wrote a complete solo in the shower.When I was done ,in towel and soaking wet ,picked up the guitar played and ended up recording it for the song

+Quote Post
Marius Pop
May 21 2014, 12:17 AM
Instructor
They say your mind works on a deeper level on the things you are trully preocupied at day. It happened a lot of times to hear music in my dreams.. Now if I could only condition myself to remember them (which can happen easily through some simple conscious questions meant to awaken your mind at any time, such as: "am I dreaming right now?") I could remember them biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Spock
May 21 2014, 12:28 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Marius Pop @ May 20 2014, 07:17 PM) *
They say your mind works on a deeper level on the things you are trully preocupied at day. It happened a lot of times to hear music in my dreams.. Now if I could only condition myself to remember them (which can happen easily through some simple conscious questions meant to awaken your mind at any time, such as: "am I dreaming right now?") I could remember them biggrin.gif

I know you're probably going to think this sounds like a load of crap - but, that sort of conditioning does work to induce lucid dreaming - meaning, you realize you are in a dream and can take control of it. You will slip back into a dream state before you wake up, but you can have some wonderful experiences before you slip back out of your state of awareness.

Basically, if you can condition yourself enough so that the question, "am I dreaming right now" gets so engrained into your subconscious that it becomes a part of your dream - at that point you can fly, go where you wish - breath underwater, etc. For me, there is always a trigger, like, for instance one trigger was seeing a picnic table in my friends front yard and realizing there was no picnic table in his front yard; another was seeing construction workers in my house and realizing that the construction had been done months earlier and we were back living at home, just mundane things like that - but something to force your subconscious to ask the question.

Now, how that would be applied to music I don't know - but there's always a first for everything.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:50 AM