42 Pages V  « < 32 33 34 35 36 > »   
Sunday Shred Fest Challenge!
DeGroot
May 12 2017, 02:14 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Really fun track to jam to. I'm sure you'd rather hear some other people's takes at this point. smile.gif Anyway, I couldn't resist putting something down.

smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 12 2017, 04:57 AM
GMC:er
WOW! Now that was freaking sweet!!!!! You really did just KRUSH it. Some folks find this bit really hard to lock in to as you might be able to tell given that you are the only one to buck up and give it a go smile.gif You really went for it and I love the tone, the speed, the aggression, the technicality, everything. It all works great against the backing. Love your arpeggio bit as well. That came in from left field all of the sudden and I was like "what?" had to rewind a few time smile.gif In short, you really just KILLED IT!!!

and you just

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (DeGroot @ May 11 2017, 09:14 PM) *
Really fun track to jam to. I'm sure you'd rather hear some other people's takes at this point. smile.gif Anyway, I couldn't resist putting something down.

smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 15 2017, 03:50 AM
!!! SUNDAY SHRED FEST X-46!!!!

*On this Mother's Day I'd like to challenge everyone to make an emotionally packed take over this backing. You can play in E MAJOR and it will work perfectly smile.gif

Direct Link to this Challenge :http://bit.ly/sundayshredfestx46

IMPORTANT: YOU CAN PLAY OVER ANY PART OR ALL OF THE BACKING)

DETAILS: VIDEO OPTIONAL : audio or video is fine.

DOWNLOAD BACKING: Attached File  X46.mp3 ( 888.08K ) Number of downloads: 73

KEY: E MAJOR
Attached Image
SCALES TO USE: E MAJOR (or anything you think sounds cool)

DUE DATE: Before MIDNIGHT Next Sunday!! (If you run a bit late that's ok) I'm pushing back the due date to as late as possible . To give you more weekend time. So the new challenge may already be posted when you go to put up your take. This is fine, just take a look at the new challenge as you post your take so you can practice a bit during the week if possible

F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)

1.)What do I need to do?: Reply to this post with a audio or video performance of your solo. Best to use soundcloud for audio and youtube for video. EMBED the audio or video in the post (Ask me if you need any help)That's it, no files, no transfers, just you playing I will give you feedback on your submission and you will get your updated SHRED FEST MISSION BADGE for having the stones to put yourself out there and for making the time to make music.
2.)Who can participate?: ANYONE!!
3.)What do I get? Upon putting your video in the thread, you will get a critique of your playing and a badge to commemorate your effort. The more Challenges you complete, the higher the level

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 12 2017, 04:54 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 27 2017, 05:19 AM
*Who will be first!! G MAJOR! What could be more simple smile.gif
---

*On this Mother's Day I'd like to challenge everyone to make an emotionally packed take over this backing. You can play in E MAJOR and it will work perfectly

Attached Image

DUE DATE: Before MIDNIGHT Next Sunday!! (If you run a bit late that's ok) I'm pushing back the due date to as late as possible . To give you more weekend time. So the new challenge may already be posted when you go to put up your take. This is fine, just take a look at the new challenge as you post your take so you can practice a bit during the week if possible

1.)What do I need to do?: Reply to this post with a audio or video performance of your solo. Best to use soundcloud for audio and youtube for video. EMBED the audio or video in the post (Ask me if you need any help)That's it, no files, no transfers, just you playing I will give you feedback on your submission and you will get your updated SHRED FEST MISSION BADGE for having the stones to put yourself out there and for making the time to make music.
3.)What do I get? Upon putting your video in the thread, you will get a critique of your playing and a badge to commemorate your effort. The more Challenges you complete, the higher the level

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 29 2017, 02:38 AM
I PLAN TO CUT THE TAKES TOGETHER IN TO A VIDEO FOR MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND FEATURE EACH PLAYER. WHOSE UP!!

*On this Mother's Day I'd like to challenge everyone to make an emotionally packed take over this backing. You can play in E MAJOR and it will work perfectly

Attached Image

+Quote Post
yoncopin
May 29 2017, 09:07 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Ok Todd, as requested here is my take. It's not very shreddy, but I think it turned out pretty good for an afternoon of noodling.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
May 29 2017, 09:10 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi here

this is a preview take

https://soundcloud.com/dizy-laurent/shred-fest-46-tryout

Cheers

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 30 2017, 10:36 PM
Nice!!! Sounds good to me smile.gif I say go for it!!

Todd

QUOTE (fzalfa @ May 29 2017, 04:10 PM) *
Hi here

this is a preview take

Cheers

Laurent

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 31 2017, 01:52 AM
Very well done!!! I like the clean tone, I like the note choices, and you have really good technique on display. It's all starting to come together! I know you were a pinch reluctant at first to dive in to these but you've done a great job. I'd say try to do one each time you see one come up and let your instincts guide you on tone and notes. The results will be an expression of where you rae as a player that you can always look back on as you progress. Well played!!!!! in other words you just..

LEVLED UP!!! (let me know if I"ve got the level wrong! My notes say 2)

Attached Image

QUOTE (yoncopin @ May 29 2017, 04:07 PM) *
Ok Todd, as requested here is my take. It's not very shreddy, but I think it turned out pretty good for an afternoon of noodling.

+Quote Post
yoncopin
May 31 2017, 01:26 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 30 2017, 07:52 PM) *
Very well done!!! I like the clean tone, I like the note choices, and you have really good technique on display. It's all starting to come together! I know you were a pinch reluctant at first to dive in to these but you've done a great job. I'd say try to do one each time you see one come up and let your instincts guide you on tone and notes. The results will be an expression of where you rae as a player that you can always look back on as you progress. Well played!!!!! in other words you just..

LEVLED UP!!! (let me know if I"ve got the level wrong! My notes say 2)

Attached Image

Thanks! I've been working hard to really learn the major scale as well as soloing over chord changes. I think I might start showing up here more, because it fits really well with my current practice.

PS I'm X5

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jun 1 2017, 12:31 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Not too easy to play over (at least for me). I'll let you be the judge. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 1 2017, 01:04 AM
WOW! This is one of my fave takes yet. I love the tone, I love the wild arps, the sequencing, the sweepy bits, all of it. It comes together to make a really fine solo. I think I'm gone string these together and put them on youtube. They are all quite impressive. You guys are doing a killer job with this backing! It can be a challenge to play over for one simple reason.

THE MAIN MELODY IS CHROMATIC!!!!

Yup, it goes down one note at a time, so you kinda have to follow it down. You guy seem to get this instinctually which mae me very proud as an instructor wink.gif Well done GROOT!!! you have just

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (DeGroot @ May 31 2017, 07:31 PM) *
Not too easy to play over (at least for me). I'll let you be the judge. smile.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jun 2 2017, 12:09 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 1 2017, 12:04 AM) *
WOW! This is one of my fave takes yet. I love the tone, I love the wild arps, the sequencing, the sweepy bits, all of it. It comes together to make a really fine solo. I think I'm gone string these together and put them on youtube. They are all quite impressive. You guys are doing a killer job with this backing! It can be a challenge to play over for one simple reason.

THE MAIN MELODY IS CHROMATIC!!!!

Yup, it goes down one note at a time, so you kinda have to follow it down. You guy seem to get this instinctually which mae me very proud as an instructor wink.gif Well done GROOT!!! you have just

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image

Thanks! Yeah, the chromatic melody threw me off at first. Then it dawned on me that it wasn't all E major (at least I think). Its one of those that you just have to trust your ears.

That would be cool if you share it on your page. Is this your piece of music? I like it quite a bit.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 2 2017, 07:36 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Todd,

surprise! Ze crazy german recorded something as well. Didn't record a video of me playing though, so I just through in a few pics of me and my mom.

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Jun 2 2017, 07:38 PM

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 3 2017, 03:02 AM
Yeah I wrote this for my Mom smile.gif She battled cancer for 3 years and one night I sat down and wrote this when I was feeling really down but remembering all the good things about her smile.gif It's supposed to be in G Major, but E major seemed to work fine too!

Todd
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jun 1 2017, 07:09 PM) *
Thanks! Yeah, the chromatic melody threw me off at first. Then it dawned on me that it wasn't all E major (at least I think). Its one of those that you just have to trust your ears.

That would be cool if you share it on your page. Is this your piece of music? I like it quite a bit.

Ze Crazy Germans are on the loose!!! Cherish your Mum while she is still here smile.gif The world is a darker place without one's Mum. You really realize how much love and kindness Mum's just radiate until they are gone. I really liked your vid ;0) You Mum seems like a very fun person:) I like your solo as well!! I'm going to try to put all these together and see how that works ;0)

For now you just....

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 2 2017, 02:36 PM) *
Hey Todd,

surprise! Ze crazy german recorded something as well. Didn't record a video of me playing though, so I just through in a few pics of me and my mom.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 3 2017, 03:05 AM

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 3 2017, 06:22 AM
Accomplished Rock Star

Ze Crazy Germans are on the loose!!! Cherish your Mum while she is still here smile.gif The world is a darker place without one's Mum. You really realize how much love and kindness Mum's just radiate until they are gone. I really liked your vid ;0) You Mum seems like a very fun person:) I like your solo as well!! I'm going to try to put all these together and see how that works ;0)

Yes, she is a very funny and caring person, and you can see it on the pic I chose for the YouTube preview. She actually hates that particular photo cause she "looks stupid on that, Christian!!" but it shows how my mom treats every living being, in this case my uncle's puppy.
Looking forward to the final video!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 3 2017, 08:01 PM
Don't forget your video!!! SUNDAY is the deadline smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (fzalfa @ May 29 2017, 04:10 PM) *
Hi here

this is a preview take

Cheers

Laurent

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Jun 4 2017, 05:50 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 3 2017, 03:01 PM) *
Don't forget your video!!! SUNDAY is the deadline smile.gif

Todd

I'm ready for the next challenge! Though, like I said, my rank should be X5

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 4 2017, 06:07 PM
TODAY IS THE DEADLINE FOR CHALLENGE #46!!!!
--------
I PLAN TO CUT THE TAKES TOGETHER IN TO A VIDEO FOR MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND FEATURE EACH PLAYER.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 4 2017, 06:08 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 5 2017, 03:53 AM
!!! SUNDAY SHRED FEST X-47!!!!

*For this weeks Challenge, let's try a really strange key! A# (Sharp) Minor!!!
(Backing By Lasse Lammert)

Direct Link to this Challenge :http://bit.ly/sundayshredfestx47

DOWNLOAD BACKING: Attached File  challenge47.mp3 ( 892.98K ) Number of downloads: 41

KEY: A#(Sharp) Minor

SCALES TO USE: A#(Sharp) Minor, (or anything you think sounds cool)
Attached Image

+Quote Post

42 Pages V  « < 32 33 34 35 36 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:24 PM