6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Im Done Playing Video Games., my 7th xbox 360 craps out
Guitarman700
Mar 1 2008, 12:04 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 29 2008, 04:54 PM) *
Everybody knows Microsoft are useless but you need to phone them up and say you're just not happy or take it to a shop to fix. Maybe there is very little wrong.

the thing is, they never tell you whats wrong. they take your broken console, and send a broken console someone else sent in, back to you. its terrible, exploitive business practices, but no one can stop them, because they stonewall everybody. even the u.s government is scared of microsoft, but their useless too, so it doesnt matter.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 1 2008, 12:08 AM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Feb 29 2008, 11:04 PM) *
the thing is, they never tell you whats wrong. they take your broken console, and send a broken console someone else sent in, back to you. its terrible, exploitive business practices, but no one can stop them, because they stonewall everybody. even the u.s government is scared of microsoft, but their useless too, so it doesnt matter.

Yeah it's incredibly annoying. My phone stopped working but I had insurance so I sent it back and I got a phone back that was clearly one that had been sent back to them that they had fixed and it stopped working instantly so I phoned and said I'm far from happy that I've been sent a reconditioned phone and can you please send me a new phone as I've been with you for all the time I've had a phone on contract and they sent me a new one next smile.gif I'm not saying who the company is as I am quite happy with them on the whole.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Mar 1 2008, 12:30 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 29 2008, 06:08 PM) *
Yeah it's incredibly annoying. My phone stopped working but I had insurance so I sent it back and I got a phone back that was clearly one that had been sent back to them that they had fixed and it stopped working instantly so I phoned and said I'm far from happy that I've been sent a reconditioned phone and can you please send me a new phone as I've been with you for all the time I've had a phone on contract and they sent me a new one next smile.gif I'm not saying who the company is as I am quite happy with them on the whole.

the reason im so mad is because ive been kicked around all my life by people who think their better than me, and this is just an extension of that. be it people ive trusted betraying me, kids at school kicking the crap out of me, or microsoft stonewalling me, it makes me feel hopeless. dry.gif

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 1 2008, 12:51 AM
You shouldn't feel hopeless man. Everybody has good and bad times in life. Everything seems to go wrong at the same time and I know that all too well. Not everything is against you however much you feel it is. I hope you sort out this problem and have a bit better luck from now from big companies.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Jamesito
Mar 1 2008, 01:26 AM
I don´t know why but this seems to be a bigger problem in the U.S... I bought my xbox 360 and currently use it on a power converter here in Ecuador, 240v - 110v. Has worked fine for 2 years almost, although the cd drive gets constantly stuck, that is very anoying... but they charge about $150 to fix it so i decided to put up with it and use the money to buy some guitar pickups biggrin.gif.

Good console all round though, i would never buy a PS3, achievments make games worth playing if ur a hugh nerd!!!! lol i dont take it that seriously but some people do... I´m rubbish a t guitar hero though... it´s funny i can do the game all the way up to expert but when i get good on that stupi mini guitar, my playing on the real thing goes to .... for a few hours lol, that´s the price you pay i guess!!!!!

Although agree with the first comment poor customer service, they should really test the consoles properly before shipping them out...

Jamesito biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 1 2008, 01:45 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Mine is 2 years old and its never had a single problem, this really sucks man. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Goliath
Mar 1 2008, 02:57 PM
Where did you keep your Xbox? These things are primadonnas that need lots and lots of space and air circulation. I keep mine free standing next to my TV, it's been fine (knock on wood), my roommate keeps his on top of his TV horizontally. His has got the RRD, mine has not. He was able to get them to replace his. I bought mine when Gears came out.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Jamesito
Mar 1 2008, 03:05 PM
Well for a starters never put it vertically, it overheats because it sits on it´s own fans, bad design falt really, they are some good fan stands available but I have never liked it´s vertical position it scratches disks too easily. I bought a external fan unit for mine that clips on the back, definatly worth it as it reduces the systems heat a lot. Another good piece of advice is to be carfuil where you but that brick of a powerpack, it overheats mentally, I have mine in a cold cuboard, always nice and cool!!! It elimated any crashes on my games which is good as the regular console crashed quite a lot!!!!

So i would have it laid flat in a open area, buy a external clip on fan for it. This could resolve issues further down the line, as people have been reporting that they melt down after a few years... keep it cool!!

Jamesito biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Mar 1 2008, 03:06 PM
I've never liked microsoft, they suck... Windows doesn't work, error here, error there, constantly... And Xbox sucks, I've never liked it, with it's big hamburger like controllers, and with the fact that it's made my Microsoft. I don't know what's the big fuzz about them, they don't deliver the promises that they make conserning quality or anything else for that matter... but that's just my opinion, please don't hate me now smile.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 1 2008, 03:17 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (Goliath @ Mar 1 2008, 05:57 AM) *
Where did you keep your Xbox? These things are primadonnas that need lots and lots of space and air circulation. I keep mine free standing next to my TV

+1

Try to keep like 1.5 - 2 feet of free space all around it. Thats what i do

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Mar 1 2008, 03:21 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Mar 1 2008, 09:17 AM) *
+1

Try to keep like 1.5 - 2 feet of free space all around it. Thats what i do

its got an intercooler fan, and about 5-6 feet of free space around it. im convinced that all these consoles are poorly made.
Edit: it sits on its side. putting it upright is stupid.

This post has been edited by Guitarman700: Mar 1 2008, 03:22 PM

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 1 2008, 03:49 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Feb 29 2008, 10:47 PM) *
I am not JUST UNLUCKY. microsoft makes CRAP products and then dont back them worth sh#$. the xbox 360 failure rate is ONE IN EVERY 6 CONSOLES. thats not just unlucky.

If it's 1 in every 6 consoles and you had 7 break down on you I'd say you're either the most unlucky person on earth or you're not handling the consoles right.
Maybe you keep them in warm sunlight, with too little air for cooling, outdoors in the rain, whatever.

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Mar 1 2008, 03:53 PM
I keep mine completely closed in except for one side, and sunlight is always shining on the side that is showing and it is fine. I have no idea how it is still working after reading all this lol.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Mar 1 2008, 03:53 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Mar 1 2008, 09:49 AM) *
If it's 1 in every 6 consoles and you had 7 break down on you I'd say you're either the most unlucky person on earth or you're not handling the consoles right.
Maybe you keep them in warm sunlight, with too little air for cooling, outdoors in the rain, whatever.

the reason they keep breaking is because micro$oft keeps sending me other broken console's. thats their "refurbishing policy", i send mine in and i get someone else's broken console that they "repaired". yeah right.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 1 2008, 04:07 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Mar 1 2008, 12:04 AM) *

No, they don't just pass broken concoles further to another customer. What do you base that upon? I base my assumption on common sence and the fact that a huge company couldn't take the risk of jeapordise their entire name on such a siilly thing.
I had my 360 break, had a fast contact with their support, they had prolonged my warranty, UPS came to pick it up and exactly 2 weeks later UPS dropped off a brand new 360 at my doorstep.
I'm both surpised how easy it went. I agree with you that it shouldn't break like that and I've seen figures for their budget for repairs so obviously they have a problem. Good thing is that they do their best to help all 360 owers, I'm not so sure that's very common unless it's obliged by law or security risks as it happens with cars from time to time that the manufacturers have to take responsibility for reparing at no cost. Still the car owner has to drive to the repair shop... UPS won't pick it up.

I'm just a little sick and tired from all the MS bashing mellow.gif There are alternatives but usualy the bashers stick to Windows for some reason. A shame since perhaps the competition would look different if people did.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 1 2008, 04:08 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Mar 1 2008, 03:53 PM) *
the reason they keep breaking is because micro$oft keeps sending me other broken console's. thats their "refurbishing policy", i send mine in and i get someone else's broken console that they "repaired". yeah right.

I don't belive that.

EDIT: And btw there are consumer laws that would support you in that case. Here, if a product breaks from the same problem three times your allowed a full refund. Look up what possibilities you've got!

This post has been edited by MickeM: Mar 1 2008, 04:10 PM

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Mar 1 2008, 04:18 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Mar 1 2008, 10:08 AM) *
I don't belive that.

EDIT: And btw there are consumer laws that would support you in that case. Here, if a product breaks from the same problem three times your allowed a full refund. Look up what possibilities you've got!

that's what a micro$oft Rep told me. and no, im not stupid enough to put my console out in the rain. i know how to take care of my stuff, and microsoft DESERVES to be bashed, they take your money then screw you over. ive looked at my options, but this is america, land of the corporation, and so far a refund is not an option.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 1 2008, 04:18 PM
Instructor
Maybe it's trying to tell you something...dunno,
wasting lots of money on failure items isn't great and I'm sorry to hear all this,
but on the other hand playing games isn't that productive as well.
Of course we all neen time to relax but there are many better ways for doing that imho.
I'd give it a break and try something else. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Mar 1 2008, 04:22 PM
QUOTE (Muris @ Mar 1 2008, 10:18 AM) *
Maybe it's trying to tell you something...dunno,
wasting lots of money on failure items isn't great and I'm sorry to hear all this,
but on the other hand playing games isn't that productive as well.
Of course we all neen time to relax but there are many better ways for doing that imho.
I'd give it a break and try something else. smile.gif

im a consumer. i worked for my money, purchased a product, the product fails, multiple times.one would think i would be entitled to a refund or a repair, but so far neither has happened. im not going to drop this, as my money is not going to magically reappear.

This post has been edited by Guitarman700: Mar 1 2008, 04:22 PM

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Mar 1 2008, 04:28 PM
Maybe the reason you got bad service and MickeM got good is because you are in America and he is in Sweden so this might be a little different. I don't know though, just a thought.

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:17 PM