8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
The Football Thread
dark_dude
Sep 12 2009, 08:49 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Duncan @ Sep 12 2009, 08:46 PM) *
To be honest, you didn't even deserve to win. You got outplayed for the majority of the game, even against 10 men.

Yeah, didn't think tottenham would win anyway. I was supporting United btw smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
*Ibanez 2550E Prestige
*LTD EC-1000
*Squier bullet
----
*Roland Cube 30W
----
*Line 6 Pod Studio GX
My Practice Agenda
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 12 2009, 10:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
Never said we deserved to win. Just said we really didn't play well, which is what makes me angry wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 13 2009, 03:50 AM
Instructor
I saw the match. Tottenham wasn't in the best shape but they are still a great team.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Duncan
Sep 13 2009, 11:11 AM
Let's just talk about what an insufferable *** Adebayor is.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 13 2009, 11:27 AM
QUOTE (Duncan @ Sep 13 2009, 11:11 AM) *
Let's just talk about what an insufferable *** Adebayor is.

I'm glad we got rid of him! He was bringing the whole Team down!!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Duncan
Sep 13 2009, 11:35 AM
I mean when he can be bothered he's an exceptional footballer, but his actions yesterday with his celebration and his stamp on Van Persie was outrageous.

+Quote Post
sted
Sep 13 2009, 12:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
Lets not forget VP tried to break his legs first! Im not condoning it at all but every action has a reaction, VP should take a look at his own actions begore judging others so harshly. As for his celebration, well, it wasnt the wisest of things to do when you've still got to go back to Arsenal! theyll be gunning for him for sure! Hes lucky its not the Arsenal team of old, I think keown would have smashed him to pieces if ne was still playing!

+Quote Post
Duncan
Sep 13 2009, 11:51 PM
QUOTE (sted @ Sep 13 2009, 12:41 PM) *
Lets not forget VP tried to break his legs first! Im not condoning it at all but every action has a reaction, VP should take a look at his own actions begore judging others so harshly. As for his celebration, well, it wasnt the wisest of things to do when you've still got to go back to Arsenal! theyll be gunning for him for sure! Hes lucky its not the Arsenal team of old, I think keown would have smashed him to pieces if ne was still playing!

Yeah RVP can be a complete rodhead as well but his tackle wasn't all that bad. If the intent was there I guess we'll never know but it was clear Adebayor meant to rake his face. I've seen loads of City fans on 606 saying Arsenal fans deserved to have their noses rubbed in Ade's goal, "can give it but can't take it" etc. The fact is that Adebayor is a football player and therefore has a responsibility to not behave like a provocative idiot.

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 14 2009, 01:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Sep 10 2009, 07:26 PM) *
Spurs can't beat Manchester with Nemanja Vidic in the back. He is now reaching his wanted form and nobody can pass him. I predict win for Manchester by 2 goals margin.

Emir what about this prediction ? biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 14 2009, 01:21 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Sep 14 2009, 02:16 AM) *
Emir what about this prediction ? biggrin.gif

Hahaha. A good prediction. Harry got the tactics wrong from the beginning unfortunately. Besides that the substitution of Corluka for Hutton was just terrible. Hutton really can't defend if it meant his life.

As Harry says himself we started playing long balls for Crouch way to early. Should have substituted him for Pavlyuchenko. Crouch was getting nowhere, getting fouls blown against him etc. Should have kept the ball on the floor instead.

As I said though: would have been a good game to win, but not a bad one to lose, as it's one of those games you would normally expect to lose. If we have to lose 8 games during the season, it's best to lose them against top 4 and not bottom 4 as we usually do. Get the points where it's easiest to get them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 14 2009, 01:27 AM
Instructor
What prediction are you talking about? The match was played yesterday smile.gif Are you predicting the next one? Anything can happen man. When Modric comes back things will surely look different.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 14 2009, 01:28 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Sep 14 2009, 02:27 AM) *
What prediction are you talking about? The match was played yesterday smile.gif Are you predicting the next one? Anything can happen man. When Modric comes back things will surely look different.

Do you support any team in England, Emir?

Things will definately be different with Modric. He really is the creative core of our team.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 14 2009, 01:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Sep 14 2009, 02:27 AM) *

I made a prediction 4 days ago, and match was played yesterday, look at the original date of my post biggrin.gif
Yes, with Modric things will be different but he is out for next 8-9 weeks + training to get back in shape 2 weeks. 3 months total...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 14 2009, 03:05 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Sep 14 2009, 01:34 AM) *
I made a prediction 4 days ago, and match was played yesterday, look at the original date of my post biggrin.gif
Yes, with Modric things will be different but he is out for next 8-9 weeks + training to get back in shape 2 weeks. 3 months total...

Ok now I got it smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 14 2009, 01:28 AM) *
Do you support any team in England, Emir?

Things will definately be different with Modric. He really is the creative core of our team.

I support teams that I put money on, doesn't really matter which one as long as it makes me money smile.gif If I have to chose then Tottenham would be kind of a rock and roll team smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Sep 14 2009, 10:51 AM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Sep 14 2009, 03:05 AM) *
Ok now I got it smile.gif

I support teams that I put money on, doesn't really matter which one as long as it makes me money smile.gif If I have to chose then Tottenham would be kind of a rock and roll team smile.gif

How insensitive to the love of football ohmy.gif

Although, when i first came to London, I did it too, and hated MU for it laugh.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Oct 9 2009, 07:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Sweden!

Could you please try not to win tomorrow. Thank you biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 9 2009, 10:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Oct 9 2009, 08:24 PM) *
Hello Sweden!

Haha, nice smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Oct 9 2009, 11:00 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Oct 9 2009, 08:24 PM) *
Hello Sweden!

We will do our best, but thats not a guarantee, since Lagerback got a major brain disease and it's impossible to tell whether Sweden gonna play football or playing with dolls.... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Staffy
Oct 11 2009, 08:38 AM
Learning Tone Master
Congrats to our neighbours & friends from Denmark, as I said - we was not there to play football, but I'll guess it's Your turn in the WC this time! smile.gif But anyway, we all now that it's more important to play the guitar instead of a game where 22 people are chasing the stomach of a cow.....

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Oct 11 2009, 11:39 AM
Learning Rock Star
To be honest a draw between Denmark and Sweden would have been fair.

QUOTE (Staffy @ Oct 11 2009, 09:38 AM) *
But anyway, we all now that it's more important to play the guitar instead of a game where 22 people are chasing the stomach of a cow.....

I agree! As long as you run around on stage and headbang you'll get your exercise biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:45 AM