Pantera Gig
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 9 2012, 10:02 AM
Instructor
Guys biggrin.gif I am very thrilled to announce that because of extraordinary circumstances I will be filling in for a friend in a very special gig smile.gif As some of you may know, or not laugh.gif (most likely not), members from Aria and Voodoo (Cezar, the other guitarist in Aria and Chris - Voodoo's drummer) are part of a Pantera tribute band, called Domination. On the 20th of December, this year, they are supposed to open for Brujeria - the famous grindcore band from the USA.

Cezar on the other hand, needs to perform at a gig with his other band Vita de Vie, which are having their final gig in the acoustic tour and he can't join Domination for this concert. Guess who he asked for help tongue.gif

Well, all in a nutshell, I have to learn 12 Pantera songs until then. A hell of a task if you ask me, but I said yes smile.gif

Here's the playlist:

Cowboys from hell
Domination
Cemetery Gates
Mouth for war
Walk
This love
F....ing hostile
A new level
5 minutes alone
I'm broken
Revolution is my name
Drag the waters

I am planning to learn them all, until November 20th and then just rehearse as much as possible in order to make the best of it on stage on the 20th of December.

Would you guys like to discuss some of these songs in the v-chat sessions? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Oct 9 2012, 10:08 AM
GMC:er
WHAAAT? No Songs from best POWER METAL - Album or songs from Pre- Cowboys era inculding Metal Magic and I' am The Night ? mellow.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Oct 9 2012, 10:15 AM

+Quote Post
korblitz
Oct 9 2012, 10:08 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Yes!! Awesome! Congrats on the job!

Now you know how I feel when Cosmin tells me to do 3 lessons in 10 days! (Insert smiley face)

P.S. I´m still working on them! Thanks for the challenge.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 9 2012, 10:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Oct 9 2012, 09:08 AM) *
WHAAAT? No Songs from best POWER METAL - Album or songs from Pre- Cowboys era inculding Metal Magic and I' am The Night ? mellow.gif

You would be surprised to see how few people know those songs smile.gif We are only covering the most famous tunes that evening. The usual Domination playlist is I think at least two times bigger biggrin.gif But that would've been sure death for me laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 9 2012, 11:23 AM
Instructor
Man, that's a hell of a task ! But you can do it, O Master of the Sword !! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Oct 9 2012, 12:41 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 9 2012, 12:23 PM) *
Man, that's a hell of a task ! But you can do it, O Master of the Sword !! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 9 2012, 12:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Oct 9 2012, 12:41 PM) *

May your sword stay wet.... cool.gif

+Quote Post
Bossie
Oct 9 2012, 01:30 PM
you'll learn them fast..a song a day wink.gif

+Quote Post
gregc1
Oct 9 2012, 02:49 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Dude that is awesome!! Pantera is literally maybe my favorite band, definitely my favorite hard core band.

5 Minute Alone, F...ing Hostile and Walk are my favorites on that list but every song is great. I'd love to hear some of your performance. Maybe throw some of your learning/rehearsals on YouTube??

Also, can we expect a Pantera style lesson in the future? biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Oct 9 2012, 03:01 PM
Tone Seeker
Wow that's great !! wink.gif

In here we had DIMEBAG FOREVER TOUR which started at 2005 and 2011 was last tour. Same idea, many musician performed Pantera songs. And all the money from tickets went to charity.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 9 2012, 04:45 PM
Instructor
That's awesome mate! This will really make you train a lot since many Pantera's songs are tricky!

And regarding the Vchats... it is a great idea!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Oct 9 2012, 11:22 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Cowboys from Hell has one of my favorite solos of all time. A VChat on playing that solo would be awesome!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 10 2012, 03:25 AM
Wow! That will be an EPIC gig. If anyone can learn a full set of the DIME complete with solos it's you! You were practically born and built for this man. Give em Hell!

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 9 2012, 05:02 AM) *
Guys biggrin.gif I am very thrilled to announce that because of extraordinary circumstances I will be filling in for a friend in a very special gig smile.gif As some of you may know, or not laugh.gif (most likely not), members from Aria and Voodoo (Cezar, the other guitarist in Aria and Chris - Voodoo's drummer) are part of a Pantera tribute band, called Domination. On the 20th of December, this year, they are supposed to open for Brujeria - the famous grindcore band from the USA.

Cezar on the other hand, needs to perform at a gig with his other band Vita de Vie, which are having their final gig in the acoustic tour and he can't join Domination for this concert. Guess who he asked for help tongue.gif

Well, all in a nutshell, I have to learn 12 Pantera songs until then. A hell of a task if you ask me, but I said yes smile.gif

Here's the playlist:

Cowboys from hell
Domination
Cemetery Gates
Mouth for war
Walk
This love
F....ing hostile
A new level
5 minutes alone
I'm broken
Revolution is my name
Drag the waters

I am planning to learn them all, until November 20th and then just rehearse as much as possible in order to make the best of it on stage on the 20th of December.

Would you guys like to discuss some of these songs in the v-chat sessions? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 10 2012, 03:48 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Wow right on Cos way ta go man! It sounds like a daunting task but I think you are definately up for the challenge, I saw" Revolution Is My Name" on that list , my fav Panterra song that I finally got around to learning a couple years ago, better late than never eh? biggrin.gif
I actually learned this song from the man himself check it out! cool.gif
EDIT: PS I just realized there is some adult language in this video so be warned ph34r.gif

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Oct 10 2012, 03:56 AM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 10 2012, 09:21 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Oct 10 2012, 03:48 AM) *
Wow right on Cos way ta go man! It sounds like a daunting task but I think you are definately up for the challenge, I saw" Revolution Is My Name" on that list , my fav Panterra song that I finally got around to learning a couple years ago, better late than never eh? biggrin.gif
I actually learned this song from the man himself check it out! cool.gif
EDIT: PS I just realized there is some adult language in this video so be warned ph34r.gif

I love the way he talks - 'Sounds perfect, leave it alone !' biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 10 2012, 03:20 PM
Instructor
Gentlemen, you are far too kind! It will be a hard one for certain, but I am willing to work my butt of to pull the rabbit out of the hat!

And if you guys are saying you'd like to discuss this in the v-chats, well I'll make the announcements once I decide which one is the first one tongue.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 10 2012, 06:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 10 2012, 11:20 AM) *
Gentlemen, you are far too kind! It will be a hard one for certain, but I am willing to work my butt of to pull the rabbit out of the hat!

And if you guys are saying you'd like to discuss this in the v-chats, well I'll make the announcements once I decide which one is the first one tongue.gif

Cosmin

That's great mate! Pantera's Vchats will be amazing! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 10 2012, 07:59 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 10 2012, 06:20 AM) *

Cosmin

Absolutely! cool.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:25 AM