So I Noticed This..., no lessons rated a "10"
Ctodd
Dec 22 2007, 01:01 AM
GMC:er
so in the new "advanced" lesson group i noticed not one lesson is designated a 10/10 in terms of difficulty...

I think someone needs to step up to the plate and deliver something truely advanced in terms of technique and timing.

not for me of course, I'm still a beginner, but i love to just sit and gawk at what some of you instructors can do. (I'm looking at YOU Muris!!)

so yeah... I would love to see what a 10/10 lesson would look like, and what it would include...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 22 2007, 01:11 AM
GMC Founder
I see where you are getting and it would be cool if we could top our archive with an extremely difficult lesson. smile.gif

However I want to tone down the importance of the diffuclty grading - no one can determine objectively who is to get a 8 and who is to get a 9/10 . It is just there as a very rough guideline for beginners.

Most likely you will be able to find a 6/10 lesson that is harder for you then a 8/10.

Either way - I hope the difficulty grading will be of good use for those who are very new to shredding etc! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 22 2007, 02:27 AM
i agree with Kris, but a 10/10 lesson would be really interesting and cool!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Tomy Jeon
Dec 22 2007, 03:14 AM
I noticed this as well. If it's a 10/10 lesson it would be like MAB speed.

--------------------
IPB Image
Obi-Wan Kenobi dislikes babies!

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 22 2007, 03:26 AM
QUOTE (Tomy Jeon @ Dec 21 2007, 08:14 PM) *
I noticed this as well. If it's a 10/10 lesson it would be like MAB speed.

yeah laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif MAB Speed!!!!! cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
besip
Dec 22 2007, 03:35 AM
by that way..i'm just wondering to know who?? decide and how?? decide what kind of difficulity has every each song??? rolleyes.gif cool.gif

This post has been edited by besip: Dec 22 2007, 03:37 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 22 2007, 03:49 AM
QUOTE (besip @ Dec 21 2007, 08:35 PM) *
by that way..i'm just wondering to know who?? decide and how?? decide what kind of difficulity has every each song??? rolleyes.gif cool.gif

i think Kris does that tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Dec 22 2007, 03:59 AM
John Petrucci to the rescue! laugh.gif

Actually, I think this would be pretty cool, but as Kris said, difficulty depends on each individual person, one person might find a 2/10 lesson extremely difficult, but think a 9/10 is as easy as losing a staring contest with a potato. biggrin.gif But someone should step up and make a lesson that will blow us away!

This post has been edited by Zephyr: Dec 22 2007, 04:03 AM

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Dec 22 2007, 04:25 AM
haha would sorta be fun to see an instructor just try and make a lession so impossible no one could play it.. .. i think theres some scale thats like impossible to shred or something? just play it as fast as possible biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
kahall
Dec 22 2007, 04:39 AM
Learning Roadie
Now I show you scale you cannot play, so don't even try you filthy youtuber.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Dec 22 2007, 04:41 AM
A lesson on the Xavian scale maybe? No one could even attempt the lesson unless they have a custom guitar made just for it... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 22 2007, 09:54 AM
Lets go fishing!
The lesson rating is a great new feature for sure! But I try to concentrate on which lesson will give me what I need to progress to where I want to be !! smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:35 PM