Full Video For Genesis
Todd Simpson
Oct 8 2019, 07:56 AM
GMC:er
This is the entire song. It's all composed by Hamin using software. I'm the only real instrument on the track!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 8 2019, 03:08 PM
Instructor
It sounds great Todd! The tune is very cool and your guitar work fits very well mate. I like your tone here, it is perfect for the song.

Keep this stuff coming!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 8 2019, 08:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sounds great, Todd! And your solo contribution fits the song very nicely!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 9 2019, 12:06 AM
Thanks for checking it out!! This is my third collaboration with HAMIN. He does an amazing job of putting song together with just software and his laptop. I'm adding the only real instrument in the song. Everything else is done with software and plugins. I didn't realize this until he told me. He has to work with headphones since it's actually illegal to even listen to Metal in Iran much less creaet metal music. He has to be very careful. So he can't even share his music in his own country. I'm glad he chose me to help him share it here.

Todd
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 8 2019, 10:08 AM) *
It sounds great Todd! The tune is very cool and your guitar work fits very well mate. I like your tone here, it is perfect for the song.

Keep this stuff coming!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 9 2019, 02:30 AM
I appreciate it! Means a lot. Thanks much for taking the time to listen. Hamin makes some great backings. I think they would be even better if we could find the right singer! A bit of growl and bit of singing. He wants to keep them instrumental though. The lead almost serves as the vocal part. He took the lead and reversed part of to extend it a bit. Very creative.

I'm working on a play throgh version of the solo as a new vid. I improved most of the solo so I'm having to learn it part by part.

Todd
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Oct 8 2019, 03:31 PM) *
Sounds great, Todd! And your solo contribution fits the song very nicely!

+Quote Post
Adam
Oct 9 2019, 01:10 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 8 2019, 07:56 AM) *
This is the entire song. It's all composed by Hamin using software. I'm the only real instrument on the track!

I can't believe the backing is all digital. Your parts sound quite intimidating. Is this how one sounds after completing the whole Bootcamp? biggrin.gif Amazing work, both of you! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Adam: Oct 9 2019, 01:12 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 10 2019, 02:55 AM
This is after completing all of the bootcamp and quicklicks with a little repetition/practice on top and BAM. As you may notice, all of these licks are in Bootcamp/Quick Licks smile.gif I"m going to break this solo apart and make it a seris of lesson to isolate each one. each lick is a variation of something we have worked on. I tried to use things that were familiar while keeping it sounding spiff as possibe smile.gif

It's truly impressive that HAMIN is able to create such cool backings just using a mouse. It sounds very organic IMHO. I thought he was using real instruments at first until he told me otherwise!
Todd
QUOTE (Adam @ Oct 9 2019, 08:10 AM) *
I can't believe the backing is all digital. Your parts sound quite intimidating. Is this how one sounds after completing the whole Bootcamp? biggrin.gif Amazing work, both of you! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:20 PM