Atomic Amps
Maximus
Nov 20 2007, 11:46 PM
GMC:er
Has anyone used an Atomic amp yet? I am seriously considering one. Because it is a Tube amp , does it enhance the sounds the modeler creates? Some say the head and cabinet models are right on the money when played through one of these. I also would like to know if I could use my pocket pod effectively with this or would I need to get get the XT/X3?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Maximus: Nov 20 2007, 11:56 PM

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic
Amps: Crate GX 1600 1/2 Stack, Line 6 Spider 2, Vintage Kustom Tube Head
Effects: Line 6 POD X3 Live, Line 6 PocketPod
Misc: Line 6 FBV Express Foot Switch/Volume/Wah-Wah Pedal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cuchulain
Nov 21 2007, 12:40 AM
I don't know about the pocket pod, but I use one with an x3 and it really does sound insanely good. That might be because I never really had any tube amps to play on before this, but that would mean it does at least sound tuby.

I'm not entirely happy with the way it mimics marshalls and such, but I couldn't care less as the rectifier sounds right on biggrin.gif

edit: It must be said I haven't really cranked it yet (first band practice since I got it is next saturday, I expect it to sound even better loud, but who knows wink.gif)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cuchulain: Nov 21 2007, 12:42 AM

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez JPM2, Ibanez XPT700
Amps: Atomic Reactor 212-50, Marshall MG100DFx, Fender Eighty-Five
Pod X3 Live

+Quote Post
Maximus
Jan 2 2008, 09:49 PM
I wanted to revive this post after the holidays to see if anyone else has used one of these yet.

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 3 2008, 04:14 AM
Instructor
Atomic Amp...what's that? blink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jan 3 2008, 04:32 AM
Ive never heard of them.. sounds powerful tho biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Maximus
Jan 3 2008, 05:22 AM
Check em out. Every review I read says these things are great. They are essentiallty a tube amp made specifically for PODs and other modelers. They apparently give very little coloration to the tones so you are essentially getting the purest live output. Another amazing thing about this company is that the guy who owns the company is the guy who answers the phone and email when you have a question. He is a really nice guy who is willing to help down to the smallest detail. Here's' the link to the site.

Atomic Amps

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 3 2008, 05:49 AM
Wow that's a great idea, I never have a decent amp to run my Pod through.
Looks like some legit amps too!

+Quote Post
Rodnator
Jan 3 2008, 06:08 AM
I have had one. I bought it off ebay, kept it for a while till I came across my current amp, couldn't keep both. Used it with a Vox Tonelab SE.
Attached Image
It was built to cradle the smaller sized modelers like the pod or small tonelab. you have to specify the template for mounting. It has no contols but an on/off switch, and an input on top. There is a void on the top right with a modeler specific wiring harness made to connect you pod etc...In the rear there is a extension cab output, effects loop out and return for additional effects or like the aircraft carrier sized Tonelab, you would just plug it into the effects return. It has no preamp, an 18 watt Tube power amp and a single 12 inch custom built atomic speaker. It CRANKS for only 18 watts. It is built to take full advantage of the modelers ability to emulate different amp head an cabinet combinations without coloration. It did a fine job, and sounded wonderful. I could even just plug a preamp or distortion stompbox directly into the effects return and get an incredible tone. very cool. If you are interested checkout ebay they sell for around $300 USD and you could get your money back easily.
Good Luck,
Rod

--------------------
Electric Guitars : Gibson Les Paul Standard "Raw Power", Fender American Deluxe HSS QMT Stratocaster
Acoustic Guitars : Ovation 1771 LX Balladeer
Effects : Digitech Jammer Looper, Digitech DF7 Distortion Factory, Boss DD-3 delay, Keeley Modded Boss DS-1, Keeley Modded TS-808 Tube Screamer, Keeley compressor, Dunlop CryBaby Wah.
Amps : 1982 Marshall JCM 800 2204 50 watt Head (all original unmodified Electronics, Complete cosmetic restoration) It is the "Tone of the Gods" 1982 Marshall 1960a JCM 800 4x12 Slant Cabinet

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 3 2008, 11:52 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Maximus @ Jan 3 2008, 05:22 AM) *
Check em out. Every review I read says these things are great. They are essentiallty a tube amp made specifically for PODs and other modelers. They apparently give very little coloration to the tones so you are essentially getting the purest live output. Another amazing thing about this company is that the guy who owns the company is the guy who answers the phone and email when you have a question. He is a really nice guy who is willing to help down to the smallest detail. Here's' the link to the site.

Atomic Amps

Thanks,got it now biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Jan 3 2008, 12:34 PM
Learning Roadie
i'd love one of these but i cant really go over £150 so i cant get one sad.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 3 2008, 03:06 PM
Instructor
I have a PodXT so I would love to try one someday! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Goliath
Jan 3 2008, 09:42 PM
Anyone play a XT/X3 Live through one of these? I'm wondering if the mess is as much as I'm imagining. Still, I'll probably wind up with these before 08 is over.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:51 AM