Our Friend - Degroot Contest Entry - Really Cool One!, Shredders in Arms
Darius Wave
Jun 14 2013, 08:53 AM
Instructor
So...I just found DeGroot's entry for the competition:

Very good job!

Is there anybody else who would like to participate? Come on...have some fun! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 14 2013, 12:44 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jun 14 2013, 08:53 AM) *

Very good job!

Is there anybody else who would like to participate? Come on...have some fun! smile.gif

holy crap! that is immense ohmy.gif brilliant stuff.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Spock
Jun 14 2013, 01:53 PM
GMC:er
AWESOME!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 14 2013, 03:03 PM
Instructor
Fantastic!!! This solo is so tasty and entertaining! Congratulations Degroot. I hope that you join Vchat session today to jam with us!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 14 2013, 03:32 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Whoa, the hidden talent.. and you don't post these here at GMC? smile.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jun 14 2013, 03:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jun 14 2013, 02:32 PM) *
Whoa, the hidden talent.. and you don't post these here at GMC? smile.gif

Maybe he's a bit shy...so I did it for him wink.gif Very talented dude! No so long ago he had some killer rec takes smile.gif

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jun 14 2013, 05:15 PM
Tone Seeker
Woah wacko.gif

I knew DeGroot was an awesome player but that was just super good. Composing over 2 min solo with all those different techniques and playing it clean on a video. Hats off for him. cool.gif

This post has been edited by WeePee: Jun 14 2013, 05:18 PM

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jun 14 2013, 05:33 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Tasty! Way to go Degroot! cool.gif

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Jun 14 2013, 05:37 PM
Really enjoyed listening to this well done Degroot smile.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jun 14 2013, 07:18 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
That was badass Degroot! Awesome job!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jun 14 2013, 11:49 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Thanks a lot dudes! biggrin.gif You made my day. smile.gif

I locked myself in my recording den just about the entire weekend.. just writing ideas, rehearsing, and then recording this one solo. At one point my wife says it time to go out for dinner and I could not believe how the hours flew by. rolleyes.gif

Anyway, my intentions were to post it in this original thread here.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=49024

Thanks to Darius Wave for posting this! I do encourage some of you GMCers to join in the fun... still plenty of time left before the deadline. You can join in the contest and you'll see we all win the same grand prize. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 14 2013, 02:03 PM) *
Fantastic!!! This solo is so tasty and entertaining! Congratulations Degroot. I hope that you join Vchat session today to jam with us!

Man, I work in the day now when your vchats are going on. dry.gif Those jam session must be really fun. Even saw Buckethead made an apperance. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jun 15 2013, 01:14 AM
Wow! Impressive.
Besides the obvious 'shred' solo I really like the high whammy bar chords in the beginning.

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jun 15 2013, 05:27 AM
Brilliance and talent just got your picture added beside them in the dictionary Joe! Honestly, I'm not surprised... however I am in awe after witnessing this masterfully written and well thought out slice of excellence! Joe isn't a shy man, he's just a down to earth modest kinda guy.

Seriously Bravo sir, that was incredible!

This post has been edited by mroberts70: Jun 15 2013, 05:31 AM

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 15 2013, 08:11 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
In REC takes, in collaboration takes we have always seen how talented Mr DG is over the years. I am not surprised at all by the awesome and tasty solo he posted. Congrats sir smile.gif I am definitely inspired, if I get the chance and time I will try to participate as well..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Jun 15 2013, 11:00 AM
No surprise here! Congratulations and good luck...I hope you win Dude!!! Everything was pleasing to the ear...I'm no shredder but its nice to watch you guys do it well...I particularly like the bits outside the shed...they made this IMO from Just Shredding...to Awesome. cool.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jun 15 2013, 04:12 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

Thanks again for all the very nice feedback... truly appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment. smile.gif

Now its time to get back to those pesky REC lessons that have been kicking my rear. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 15 2013, 05:47 PM
Great stuff Joe!!! Well played Sir, well played!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 17 2013, 08:45 PM
We have a Winner smile.gif Nicely played man!!! Your choices here are spot on and your execution is killer as well. Great balance of fast bits/slow bits also. As you may notice, some folks may dig one approach more than the other, but as a "shredder" I gotta say your choices in the quick bits in particular were very impressive and tied in well musically. It's sometimes the case that fast bits get short shrift in terms of how they tie in musically since they happen quickly, but I hear things around 200 bpm no matter what speed they are played at so I loved it smile.gif

Todd
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jun 14 2013, 03:53 AM) *

Very good job!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jun 18 2013, 04:02 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jun 15 2013, 04:47 PM) *
Great stuff Joe!!! Well played Sir, well played!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot Sensi! smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 17 2013, 07:45 PM) *
We have a Winner smile.gif Nicely played man!!! Your choices here are spot on and your execution is killer as well. Great balance of fast bits/slow bits also. As you may notice, some folks may dig one approach more than the other, but as a "shredder" I gotta say your choices in the quick bits in particular were very impressive and tied in well musically. It's sometimes the case that fast bits get short shrift in terms of how they tie in musically since they happen quickly, but I hear things around 200 bpm no matter what speed they are played at so I loved it smile.gif

Todd

Thanks Todd! That means a lot to hear. smile.gif I was shooting for that tension build up and just wanted everything to flow and tie in with the vibe of the track.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ItSME3
Jun 18 2013, 04:56 PM
great entry

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:53 PM