> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

20 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Tflava's Thread, for Gab's Army
Timmez
Jan 11 2021, 07:56 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate,

here is the sweep etude backing
Attached File  Backing_Track_Ex_3a.mp3 ( 1.19MB ) Number of downloads: 169

About the sweep picking excersice. i think i know what you mean. i recorded my hand i think the way you mean from different angles. What do you say? I didnt foxus on precision but on my hand placement.

I know what you mean with the triplets. I also notice that i have more diffcult with the second part so im gonna loop that with the guitar pro file.

Thanks for your feedback

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 12 2021, 02:16 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,

Yes, the sweeping etude is based on triplets so my feedback was right. smile.gif

Your new video looks much better! I've recorded a quick vid with my cellphone to show you how I move my right hand when playing that arpeggio. Check it out: Attached File  IMG_4622.mov ( 3.97MB ) Number of downloads: 177

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jan 12 2021, 02:31 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Super thanks now i see it.
At the beginning your hole arm is going down and you anchor the palm in the bridge. Then the last 3 string is more the circle thing because you palm stau rested on the bridge.
This really help me. Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 12 2021, 02:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tflava @ Jan 12 2021, 10:31 AM) *
Super thanks now i see it.
At the beginning your hole arm is going down and you anchor the palm in the bridge. Then the last 3 string is more the circle thing because you palm stau rested on the bridge.
This really help me. Thanks

GREAT!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jan 17 2021, 03:57 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey man.
Here a little update 😁

I just started with the fusion lesson from Diego and focussed on details. I learned 4 parts and now first want to master it before i go further.

Im also gonna split my schedule in 2 ways.
Schedule 1 is Technique and the gmc lesson.
Legato, SP, etc
Schedule 2 is improvisation.
Ear training, scales, 3 nps patterns.

I notice that if i start with the sweep picking or legato i go on and forget my improvisation. 🤣
So i think thiss will work.

Greetz

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 17 2021, 05:22 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Thanks for the update!

The plan looks great. It's very complete, and you are covering everything you need to achieve your current goals.

Keep the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jan 19 2021, 09:40 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate.

I recorded some parts.
i recorded the legato. i notice that i have little motivation left for this lesson. So i think i will keep legato in my practice routine but practice some licks from a book what i have and practice every week 1 lick or 2 with a metronomen. Then i will try to incorporate the lick in my improvisations smile.gif

Im also working on another sweep picking etude with 3 string sweeps. I recorded the part at 75 procent of the speed. I try to change some excersises of it daily and it started to feel more comfortable. i notcied i have a lot of string noise but i lost my fret wrap and feel like i need it the most with the sweep picking excersises laugh.gif

And i started with the fusion grooves. here is a little preview of me playing it at 70 procent or something.

Thanks again mate.

greetz Tim

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 19 2021, 11:22 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Good stuff! It's great to see you working hard.

From what I can hear in your first two videos, I think that you are practicing these ones at an uncomfortable tempo. You need to slow them down, mostly the legato that still has issues in triplets, but also the sweep that is not sounding clean and tight. It's good to try a bit at uncomfortable tempos, but most of the time should be at you limit "tight" tempo.

However, if you are not enjoying these ones, you should continue playing them. There are lots of things to play on guitar, let's play those that we enjoy the more. If you don't want to lose the work that you've done with that legato lesson, maybe you can keep only the first two shapes for your diary practice (as exercises). Turn on a metronome and train a bit your legato. If not, improvising with some legato patterns is also good. Playing scale sequences over backing tracks really helped me to train my fingers. You can also incorporate any exercises (from figure 2 to 5) from this vid in your diary practice: https://youtu.be/JNDyI5b3Fh8

Finally, the Fusion Groove is definitely on the right track. I would keep the current tempo and try to make the riffs and grooves sound more consistent. Focus on the sound of each note, and dynamics.

Keep on the good job!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jan 20 2021, 08:44 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Allright man thanks for the feedback. I notice by myself that im working too Long on 1 piece its difficult to keep motivated. Thats why i notice the shred bootcamp really works for me. It is practicing the hell out of 1 lick or pattern and then Move on to another lick. And because of that you see really the improvement and stay buissy every day but Dont get bored.

Maybe we can do the same with legato. I have a book from chris brooks where hé got legato practicing with similair excersises like the vid of satriani and also working on scale patterns and inversion. Maybe i van choose 1 or 2 licks. Just focus on it for 1 or 2 weeks. Work with the metronome, and at the end of the week ill send you a vid of me playing the lick in different speed. What do you say?

I think this way of practicing works for me. Besides that i keep going wmfurther with the fusion groove and stay in this tempo. I really dig the lesson, 😁

Allright cant say thanks enough any time for the help 👌

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 20 2021, 02:06 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim! smile.gif

Yes, that sounds good for me. I think that you should use the same bootcamp concept to learn and practicing everything. The key to master a solo is to work on small parts as loops/exercises. You can do this with the whole lesson or only with the trickier parts.

This is a page about the Art of Practicing on my favorite technique book ever (Speed Mechanics by Troy Stetina).

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jan 20 2021, 06:18 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Nice article man.
Before i learned a whole piece and then practice it but Since a couple of months i study different and notice more improvement.
However i really need to like something to continue with it. So i know that i need to improve my legato and the key is to repeat it. And to find excersises i like and think i can use.
But i found it 😁 today i started with my New practice routine of 1 day improvising and other day Technique.
Im working on 3 note per string patterns and also melodic minor. One of these days i try to record an improvisation 😁

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 21 2021, 02:37 PM
Instructor
Yeah, that makes sense. I also lose interested if I don't enjoy what I'm learning. As Troy says in the article, each guitarist is different and needs to find his own path.

You plan sounds promising, keep me updated!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jan 24 2021, 08:28 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate,

Here is a new improvisation.
Its in phrygian and its metal so way out of my comfortzone but i had to give it a try wink.gif

I also joined the gmc naming collab it was fun smile.gif
BTW very cool new lesson. Think i will try it in the future. Good for my picking and working on 1 string.
have a nice day mate.

greetz

This post has been edited by tflava: Jan 25 2021, 08:44 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 25 2021, 02:22 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Great to see that you are moving out of your comfort zone! By now I think that you are using mostly the same rhythm when phrasing. What about getting more melodic here?

Some Phrygian Inspiration:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jan 25 2021, 04:03 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Great song mate.
I will definitely try to be more melodic and try to phrase more like arpeggiating melodic lines then walking up and down the scale.
I will record it when i think its more melodic 😁
Thanks

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jan 26 2021, 02:05 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey man.

I started to workout some more melodic ideas today. What do you think of it.
I want to polis some things and work it more out but i think its gonna be cool 😎
What do you think?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 26 2021, 08:58 PM
Instructor
Yes, this sounds more melodic and has more rhythm variation. The backing has some very defined rhythm patterns so it can be a bit more tricky to get out of it. But you are definitely on the right track now. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jan 27 2021, 01:17 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks. Ill polis my ideas a bit more. And also work on the legato lick i come up with in the solo 😁

My New routine works very well.
I spend more time also on the sweep picking. I think 20 to 30 minutes a day. I practice it slow all the time but tries to burst up the speed a bit and recorded something. To my ears and feeling i think it keeps Getying better and it also feeks better at higher speed.

Here are tje recordings

Greetz tim

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 27 2021, 03:29 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Great job with this Sweeping! I can hear that you are really improving here. The sound and movement is very smooth here. Just be sure that you can control timing and economize right hand movements.

Cool to know that the new routine is working fine, keep me updated!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jan 28 2021, 05:37 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hé mate.

I just started a few months ago with trying to learn to mix.
Iv read a book from mike senior and its very good.
Im working on a reggae song which i want to put in Spotify eventually.
Can i send you the raw mix so you can hear the progress and maybe have some advice in the end?
The brass section aand drums are now played with midi but they gonna be played live.

If its ok i send you the file with we transfer.

Greetz

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:57 AM