How To Build Up A Metal Song
Pololagrattoune
May 24 2018, 09:36 PM
GMC:er
Hi everybody,

Please give me the secret to build up a WHOLE song,

I mean, everytime i find an AWESOME riffs and i'm like, GOD I MUST DO A SONG WITH IT, and then i begin to write .... WALL

No way for me to find wich chord will follow for chorus, couplet, bridge or what so ever, I'M COMPLETLY LOST,

I remain STUCKED or if i managed to complete something it will ALWAYS sound, musically, UNRIPE

Why the music i love seems always so UNDERSTABLE and HARMONIOUS and mine so BORING rolleyes.gif

So sad, i can do CRAZY sweeps and im helpless with a SIMPLE SONG mellow.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 24 2018, 10:30 PM
QUOTE (Pololagrattoune @ May 24 2018, 08:36 PM) *

Its been a while since I composed but do you have experience playing acoustic guitar songs? like camp-fire stuff using basic chords.

I wasn't very into that when learning electric guitar but after learned some songs (just a few), composing got easier for me. So what I am suggesting is you can compose (and record) a song like that, then throw the acoustic guitar away and build your riffs, vsti drums etc. on it inside a DAW. Remember the right hand when strumming is basically the drum pattern so thats also important for the feel of the song when composing.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 25 2018, 05:39 PM
Instructor
Hi mate!

As everything in life, it requires practice. I have a system that will help you to write your own songs, and I'm sure that after some time of practice, after many song demos that won't make you proud, you'll start to compose music that you'll like.

The first step is to analyse the music that you like. You need to do a deep analysis of the songs structure, theory, arrangements and even production. Take a notepad and starting writing down what you learn from each songs, try to notice which are the things that are common in the songs that you like, and also identify those concepts or elements that make the songs unique.

That's just the first step, but it's essential to expand your composing skills.

Feel free to write me a PM to join my mentoring program to work on this topic.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Pololagrattoune
May 25 2018, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the replies, Mertay i will try your advices and Gabriel i will appreciate to join your mentoring program ! i will PM you laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 25 2018, 11:40 PM
QUOTE (Pololagrattoune @ May 25 2018, 10:07 PM) *
Thanks for the replies, Mertay i will try your advices and Gabriel i will appreciate to join your mentoring program ! i will PM you laugh.gif

Just to note, Gabriel and I actually advised the same thing but mine being a self thought way of thing while Gabriel is systematic (and of course better smile.gif ). I'm sure you'll like Gab.s program, have fun smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
May 26 2018, 08:26 AM
Learning Rock Star
I have some advice to give after having been in the same situation, but it will probably be a long reply - I'm just writing here to remind myself to reply to you, as I don't have much time right now.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Pololagrattoune
May 26 2018, 11:19 AM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ May 26 2018, 09:26 AM) *
I have some advice to give after having been in the same situation, but it will probably be a long reply - I'm just writing here to remind myself to reply to you, as I don't have much time right now.

Waiting forward !!

+Quote Post
George Hlio
May 26 2018, 12:16 PM
Experienced Rock Star
What I found very useful personally, as far as all the things that Gab said, is that I focus on learning many lessons and phrases and that builds your riff arsenal! I don't mean that anybody should ripp off and copy stuff, but when you get to learn pieces of music, then music runs though my head( melodies, riffs). That works for me! Of course theory and arrangements are a weak point of mine and I need to work on them a lot, but right now I have prioritised to learn metal guitar playing at a descent level!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 27 2018, 04:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pololagrattoune @ May 25 2018, 07:07 PM) *

here we go!!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=59269

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:39 PM