> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Tom Morello Style, Lesson By Marcus Siepen
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

David95
Feb 17 2014, 07:14 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Tom Morello Style by Marcus Siepen

Hi GMC biggrin.gif,
welcome to my very first upload.
I started with this lesson, because it is one of my favourite lessons (if not THE favourite lesson).
I threw in some palm mutes ( especially during the second riff), without actually knowing it ^^, I actually haven't listened to the original lesson in quite a while, so i just played it from my memory and this is the result.
I didn't use any wah-wah effect, because i think the solo sounds better without it.

As far as my equipment goes i was using:
- A Gibson Les Paul "Manhatten Midnight" Ltd. (it was a present from my father <3, so I'm not too sure about the name^^)
- A POD HD 400 with the Rectifier setting and some Marshall (not sure which one) for the solo

-David

Edit: I actually forgot to record a video of me playing, while I was recording, so i had to record a video after the audio was already finished.
That and my lack of video-editing skills might be the reason for the video and audio not being perfectly in tune...
Also I recorded 2 tracks, one of them playing the solo in the end,while the other one continues with the riff.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by David95: Feb 17 2014, 07:21 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 17 2014, 07:59 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Congrats on your first upload!! It's great that you decided to start posting takes at REC. Your video looks and sounds very good so this will let us give you feedback about your playing. It would be great if you can post a "live" take in the future off course.

I think that you played the lesson very well, you marked some palm muting issues that are not very important and I have to say that the main thing to fix on this one is that you are playing E5 chord instead of A5 in the riff that starts at 00:53 and is repeated until the end many times. Compare your guitar with the bass and you will note it.

The solo sounds good but you missed some fast trills that are added in the first phrases and that made it sound really cool, check the original lesson again and you'll remember.

The overall is really good, pay attention to those details and you will be ready for a 10 take.

Keep on rocking!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 18 2014, 09:59 AM
Instructor
Hello mate!

Welcome to the REC zone! I think you did a good job with the lesson and your tone is also nice! Gabi suggested the things you need to focus on to get it right and I will only emphasize the fact that paying as much attention to details, will always make the difference in ANY given situation! smile.gif

Keep rocking!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 19 2014, 11:30 AM
Instructor
Congrats on Your first take. You playing sounds very good and the video quality is good as well. Unfortunately it is necessary to record live takes because we can see which exact movements can cause particular issues. It's a very good introduction anyway wink.gif

As for making changes in original solos we usually try to keep to originals as close as possible but...since GMC is place to workout Your own creativity as well, we won't be stubborn this time wink.gif I did same when I started to play - I used a basis of a song and change things the way I like. Of course in the REC zone some addition are possible but with one restriction - We don't change lesson parts to make them easier. Easier is not progress so as long as You change or add details You like and they not affect a level of the lesson, it should be ok wink.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 21 2014, 02:47 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 9

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:34 PM